DEDixon

what is the industrialized world doing to itself?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

another post without an article... excuse me.

looking at the "baby corner" thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=239752

so sad to think all those babies will be burdened with the national debt... standard of living won't be what it used to be. it already isn't what it used to be. just think, in the 1940s one income supported a BIG family like 5 and 6 kids and now, 2 people have to work to support just 2 kids. maybe those babies will see a bankrupt USA?

so sad.

i'm surprised people are more alarmed by this. to me, it is scary.

oh well, let the spending continue!!!!

Life..... Nobody gets out alive.

Timeline
Good grief - if you say so.

you sound upset. sorry, i didn't think all countries were in debt.

is china in debt, i didn't think they were since they are buying our debt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
you sound upset. sorry, i didn't think all countries were in debt.

is china in debt, i didn't think they were since they are buying our debt.

#22 on the list. China $ 347,100,000,000 external debt, estimated Dec 2009

Just because they hold our bonds doesn't mean they don't float their own.

For the record, we (the US Federal Reserve) hold piles of our Treasury issued debt as well.

The mere fact that a country (or state, or municipality, or corporation) floats a bond isn't a bad thing.

The question to ask is: how MUCH debt are they floating, what PURPOSES are they using the capital raised in the offering, what is the REPAYMENT capability of the issuer, and HOW MUCH are they paying for the capital (interest rate payed on the debt).

Sound and responsible debt issuance is the hallmark of good governance.

Timeline
Lichtenstein and Brunei have $0 in national public debt. Move there.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2079rank.html

wow, the UK is so much smaller than the US and they have almost as much debt.

i wish that list included debt as a percent of GDP or whatever they usually pair the debt figure to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
wow, the UK is so much smaller than the US and they have almost as much debt.

i wish that list included debt as a percent of GDP or whatever they usually pair the debt figure to.

Have a look at https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/th...r/2186rank.html

Zimbabwe is #1. You'll see the "PIIGS" nations right up there (there's Italy at #7, Greece at #8).

Note that Japan is #2. USA is way down at #66.

Do note their caveat however:

This entry records the cumulative total of all government borrowings less repayments that are denominated in a country's home currency. Public debt should not be confused with external debt, which reflects the foreign currency liabilities of both the private and public sector and must be financed out of foreign exchange earnings.

Timeline
#22 on the list. China $ 347,100,000,000 external debt, estimated Dec 2009

Just because they hold our bonds doesn't mean they don't float their own.

For the record, we (the US Federal Reserve) hold piles of our Treasury issued debt as well.

The mere fact that a country (or state, or municipality, or corporation) floats a bond isn't a bad thing.

The question to ask is: how MUCH debt are they floating, what PURPOSES are they using the capital raised in the offering, what is the REPAYMENT capability of the issuer, and HOW MUCH are they paying for the capital (interest rate payed on the debt).

Sound and responsible debt issuance is the hallmark of good governance.

yes, we are probably holding stuff no one else will touch.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think our biggest problems are awaiting down the road, while we seem to be declining in many ways, we have a ballooning debt while we wrestle to start even more Gov't programs.

One would have to envision a huge economic expanding economy on our horizon to rest easy.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Australia has a surplus, each citizen has $100,000 credit from the government.

They get paid by the number of rosy posts on Australia they write.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011