Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sleepless in OR

Withdraw and file new K-1?

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have been seriously thinking about withdrawing my petition that was recalled, and filing a new one. I have seen approvals recently for petitions filed mid-June. How bizarre is that when recalled petitions are languishing on the back burner waiting for a lull in the current activity maybe???? I don't know whaqt the implications of withdrawing and refiling would be, what with the new IMBRA requirements, but GEEZ LOUISE, I'm running out of patience and ideas, and not getting help anywhere> What are our options?


2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd have to write them a letter stating why you want to cancel the petition. So, you'd say... it's taking too long and you guys have been working on petitions filed way after mine and you've not handled my petition the way I expected you to, so I'll give it a try? I can totally see (totally!) how on a personal level that would be a more than valid explanation, maybe it wouldn't work as well on a governmental level. I don't know...


I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleepless, don't give up !!! Since CSC already touched u with a RFE received date, that means they will work on it as soon as possible. You are not alone in this waiting game, so be patient and you will get your reapproval very soon. Good luck !!! .. (L)


K1 Timeline ---

03/06/2006 --- Mailed I-129F to NSC

03/09/2006 --- Received (NOA1) by mail

08/03/2006 --- APPROVED (OMG)

11/10/2006 --- Received Packet 3

12/14/2006 --- Received Packet 4

01/25/2007 --- Interview Passed

03/30/2007 --- Arrived US

AOS Timeline ---

05/23/2007 --- Mailed I-485 & I-765

06/01/2007 --- transfer to CSC

06/22/2007 --- Biometric Appointment

07/20/2007 --- AOS APPROVED without Interview

Now waiting for the GC !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have been seriously thinking about withdrawing my petition that was recalled, and filing a new one. I have seen approvals recently for petitions filed mid-June. How bizarre is that when recalled petitions are languishing on the back burner waiting for a lull in the current activity maybe???? I don't know whaqt the implications of withdrawing and refiling would be, what with the new IMBRA requirements, but GEEZ LOUISE, I'm running out of patience and ideas, and not getting help anywhere> What are our options?

Normally I would say it's a bad idea and would confuse them. But seriously, what do you have to lose except another $170, the fed ex fee and the cost of copying? I would sent a second one without withdrawing the first - whichever is approved first wins! Whaddya think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kitkat,

I think the second one may be put aside until a decision has been made on the first one. And then the second one will be denied as superfluous.

Seen it happen.

Yodrak

Normally I would say it's a bad idea and would confuse them. But seriously, what do you have to lose except another $170, the fed ex fee and the cost of copying? I would sent a second one without withdrawing the first - whichever is approved first wins! Whaddya think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...