dlg

Islamabad, Pakistan - OFF TOPIC

770 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know right now that they cannot issue the CR1 if they K3 is still pending in checks. Have you checked the status of the K3 and have they finished the checks recently? It is good chance the K3 finished and they are ready to proceed with the CR1. Not sure but I would think they would have to at least do another new name check on him with his new prints? He will have to undergo new prints at time of interview since it is different visa.

I pray that they can issue the visa without any lengthy AR/AP. All will depend on the status of the K3 at this time. I have a feeling since they said to come in three months that they are ready to move forward. I know they do start background checks before the interviews so maybe all will be in order and you will have him home shortly. :thumbs:

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i call dos every other wednesday/thursday. i will call again this coming wednesday, however the normal response has been:

'security checks are still pending, that's all the info we can give you right now...'

i guess the name check would be by itself..or would there be a whole new set of security checks?

also, the letter he receives only states that he will receive an interview date within the next 3 months...it's very confusing...i thought they normally send out a letter with an interview date and what to bring to the interview??? maybe we could email the embassy and hopefully get a response from them.

TIMELINE

10/24/05 I-130 package sent

11/02/05 I-130 NOA1

11/14/05 I-129f package sent

11/22/05 I-129f NOA1

12/12/05 I-130 RFE

12/20/05 I-130 RFE sent

01/04/06 I-129f RFE

01/05/06 I-129f RFE sent

01/10/06 I-130 approved online

01/12/06 NVC receives case

01/13/06 NVC assigns case #

01/20/06 I-129f approved online

01/27/06 AOS bill received

01/28/06 AOS bill sent

01/30/06 DS-3032 received

02/04/06 DS-3032 sent

02/06/06 NVC sent I-129f to embassy

02/15/06 AOS form received

02/18/06 IV bill received

02/24/06 Pckt 3 recvd from embassy

03/??/06 IV bill sent

04/07/06 Interview for K-3 @embassy

04/07/06 Put on AR/AP review

04/30/06 NVC fwds case (I-130/CR1) to embassy

11/17/06 Embassy sends letter for CR1 Interview

Timeline

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR IMMIGRANT VISA and the cover letter we submitted since the I-864 was submitted to the NVC in USA.

Here is what we submitted and I have only edited the identifying information.

Mr. XXXXXXXXXX XXXX

Street Number, House Number

City, State

Country

Date

In reference to: I-864 Affidavit of Support

Case Number: ISL2005xxxxxx

US Embassy - Islamabad

Attn: IV Department

Ramma 5 - Diplomatic Enclave

Islamabad, Pakistan

Dear Sir or Madam,

This letter is to inform you that my wife, Mary XXXXXXXX XXXX, has already submitted the I-864 Affidavit of Support to the NVC along with all supporting evidence. Listed below are the documents that you were requesting so we can schedule my interview.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at XXXXXXXXXXX or my wife at xxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX X XXXX

Enclosed Documents

1. DS-230 Forms Part I and II

2. Original birth certificate and copy with English translation.

3. Original marriage certificate and copy with English translation.

4. N/A (Death certificate)

5. N/A (Divorce certificate)

6.a. This cover letter in regards to the I-864 Affidavit of Support

6.b. N/A (This information is if you did not submit in US to NVC)

7. Copy of passport (Valid for 12 months beyond your expected interview date)

8. Medical report

9. Photographs (2)

10.a. XXXXXXXXX Police Certificate

b. XXXXXXXXX Polcie Certificate

We just went down the list of items they requested and listed them above. Hope this helps.

Mary

Edited to say that Packet 4 is the actual interview letter once you submit the above information and they are ready to proceed.

Molly I sent you a pm and this is the packet 3.5 information.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks mary. i sent you a reply to the pm.

TIMELINE

10/24/05 I-130 package sent

11/02/05 I-130 NOA1

11/14/05 I-129f package sent

11/22/05 I-129f NOA1

12/12/05 I-130 RFE

12/20/05 I-130 RFE sent

01/04/06 I-129f RFE

01/05/06 I-129f RFE sent

01/10/06 I-130 approved online

01/12/06 NVC receives case

01/13/06 NVC assigns case #

01/20/06 I-129f approved online

01/27/06 AOS bill received

01/28/06 AOS bill sent

01/30/06 DS-3032 received

02/04/06 DS-3032 sent

02/06/06 NVC sent I-129f to embassy

02/15/06 AOS form received

02/18/06 IV bill received

02/24/06 Pckt 3 recvd from embassy

03/??/06 IV bill sent

04/07/06 Interview for K-3 @embassy

04/07/06 Put on AR/AP review

04/30/06 NVC fwds case (I-130/CR1) to embassy

11/17/06 Embassy sends letter for CR1 Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

we are having the tree or no tree debate this holiday season (14 yo still at home) In the past, i got a fresh tree every season

Any multi cultural couples here having this debate?

His thoughts are: the Christmas tree symbolizes a commercially sold holiday which is anti Islamic in thinking , wont have it in his household.

I think well the big EID is coming and everyone getting together anyways, and the kids deceased father was catholic... and let them get together at the house

His solution, meet at my mothers for this tree and celebration he will attend there

I admire his conviction and strength in matters , but sometimes :bonk: momma want to knock out that paksitani fella

Here is my Nan recipe

go to the frozen section in the super market, get some fresh frozen bread dough, let it raise a few hours, smash it and fry it in the pan, yum yum, add garlic anything you want, or its good plain

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Timeline
we are having the tree or no tree debate this holiday season (14 yo still at home) In the past, i got a fresh tree every season

Any multi cultural couples here having this debate?

His thoughts are: the Christmas tree symbolizes a commercially sold holiday which is anti Islamic in thinking , wont have it in his household.

I think well the big EID is coming and everyone getting together anyways, and the kids deceased father was catholic... and let them get together at the house

His solution, meet at my mothers for this tree and celebration he will attend there

I admire his conviction and strength in matters , but sometimes :bonk: momma want to knock out that paksitani fella

Here is my Nan recipe

go to the frozen section in the super market, get some fresh frozen bread dough, let it raise a few hours, smash it and fry it in the pan, yum yum, add garlic anything you want, or its good plain

being married to an international SO. when they come to the USA they have to be like the Romans and blend. its about sharing both cultures. it cant be all about him!

my husband enjoys christmas he dont celebrate like we do..but he will totally enjoy the holidays if we ever are reunited.

btw, i have a bread machine- let the machine do it..

shon.gif

Timeline
Here is my Nan recipe

HAHAHA Mian would know the difference. I tried the frozen stuff but he prefers the fresh so I do a whole batch and save in fridge and it lasts a day or two and zap it in the microwave right before serving.

As far as the tree issue we are still in talks as well. I told him the boys have always had a tree and we will put up the tree as usual so I understand how you are feeling with kids and the changes. Our tradition has to always been put up the tree the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgivng and decorate. JP has gotten an infection in his surgery site and we have been battling with it so our decorating plans will revolve around how well he feels and them able to help me since they love to help set up the tree.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My parents aren't into the tree thing. We aren't a multi-cultural couple but I LOVEEE XMASSSSS!!! Hubby surprised me last year and bought me a small tree and little ornaments to put on it. It's all about whatever cheers you up and makes you happy and that makes me happy!

I had a question: Why do you have to send the I864 before the beneficiary gets here for the K-3? Can they still get approved without having it generated?

My parents aren't into the tree thing. We aren't a multi-cultural couple but I LOVEEE XMASSSSS!!! Hubby surprised me last year and bought me a small tree and little ornaments to put on it. It's all about whatever cheers you up and makes you happy and that makes me happy!

I had a question: Why do you have to send the I864 before the beneficiary gets here for the K-3? Can they still get approved without having it generated?

re think your question!!! I-864 does not accompany the k3 its the I-134.

I-864 is for< I-130 > CR1/IR1. The reason for the I-134 is to make an agreement with G dubya-ment

that you can support your SO!

shon.gif

Timeline

I-864 is for< I-130 > CR1/IR1. The reason for the I-134 is to make an agreement with G dubya-ment

I don't come on here to ask questions in order to be made fun of. If it's too much for you to answer then I'd appreciate it if you didn't. There are plenty of others who graciously help without putting me down.

Edited by Nizzy

lol chil, ms shonnie is a tough lady. with tough answers. i am sure she did not mean anything bad.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Timeline
lol chil, ms shonnie is a tough lady. with tough answers. i am sure she did not mean anything bad.

oh then I guess that makes everything okay (sarcasm intended). I think I will stick to posting my questions on other forums or just sending email to those who have answered my q's in the past, and you are one of them hafiz.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Here is my Nan recipe

Hey...mines even easier, I get in the car, drive 3 minutes to the World Bazaar and grab a bag full :)

I have 2 little ones at home as well, we have not discussed the tree issue yet. Can't wait to see how that goes........ I think I'll promise that after christmas he can cut it up in the garage with a big man saw and toss in the fire place, he'll have something to look forward to after its all said and done. :D

11-08-05 Interview

11-08-05 A/R with full set of fingerprints

12-23-05 45 day minimum - only fingerprints are back

12-30-05 Still waiting for results at DOS

01-23-06 I-130 Approved (via email on Friday the 13th) (Got to NVC 2/6/06)

01-27-06 Still Waiting - 80th day of A/R

02-08-06 You have got to be kidding me.......

02-16-06 Receive letter from Embassy to return with emails and passports! (DOS complete 1/12/06)

02-19-06 Flight from Karachi to Islamabad

02-21-06 Drops off recent chats and old passport at Embassy

02-21-06 Embassy Issues Visa!!! YaaaaFreeeakinHooo!

02-22-06 Flight from ISL to Karachi (dont get me started on why they could not just hand him his passport yesterday)

02-23-06 - Argue with AMEX for an hour to make them look for the embassy shipment

02-28-06 - He's here..... now off to AOS!

05-12-06 - EAD Card Received

07-23-06 - After 10 weeks, SSN in hand!

07-25-06 - AOS Interview

07-25-06 - AOS 'semi-approved' waiting FBI name check GRR!!

09-23-06 - Welcome Notice in the Mail!!!

08-04-08 NOA 1 Removing Conditions

08-28-08 Bio Appt

01-02-09 Nothing, not even a touch! I was really hoping one step would go smooth.

01-27-09 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!! Yaahoo, finally!!! Next Step Naturalization.

11-09-09 N-400 Delivered - Phoenix

03-16-10 Oath Ceremony - Denver CO - DONE! DONE! DONE!

Don't ask me anything, I'm making this up as I go along

Timeline

Here is my Nan recipe

Hey...mines even easier, I get in the car, drive 3 minutes to the World Bazaar and grab a bag full :)

I have 2 little ones at home as well, we have not discussed the tree issue yet. Can't wait to see how that goes........ I think I'll promise that after christmas he can cut it up in the garage with a big man saw and toss in the fire place, he'll have something to look forward to after its all said and done. :D

lol...I lovveee your tree idea! You can promise to stand on the side cheering him on!

I don't come on here to ask questions in order to be made fun of. If it's too much for you to answer then I'd appreciate it if you didn't. There are plenty of others who graciously help without putting me down.

no one is making fun of you. Just KNOW what your asking. the information your asking you should

have KNOWN when you filed your petiton! when you filed K1 or K-3 you knew full well you did not

use I-864. stop taking things personal... jesus.

Edited by babybunny
shon.gif