Az Parris

Question about I-751, and a K2 child.

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'd hope they are getting it right and send both cards now! But getting your money back is pretty awesome!!

Keep us updated and yeah, I'd still inquire on the childs status...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the step-daughter's 10 year card showed up in the mail today.

So...no worries. :) We are just waiting on them to send the money back (wonder how long THAT will take?).

Thanks for the help folks!

-Az Parris

Atlanta, GA

• 3 weeks later...

A check for the full amount, including biometrics, drawn from the US Treasury (looks almost identical to a Tax Refund check) showed up yesterday.

So...all's well that ends well, 'eh? :thumbs:

-Az Parris

Atlanta, GA

Congratulations!!!!

Edited by v333k

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

YAY, awesome!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am living the same situation.

I got my Receipt notice with just my name.

later, appointment letter to Biometrics and just my name.

I thought it was ok.

Today I went to New Orleans and they said I should receive one in my daughter's name or she couldn't take biometrics.

but they said they didnt know informations to give me because the officers weren't there on friday and their job is just take biometrics. (I knew more about procedures than them).

I called immigration and they said my daughter doesnt need Biometrics because she is 10 years old, and this is just to 14 or older.

I repeat many times, to make sure was clear. "so, my daughter took her biometrics to her first GC, for the second she must pay but not take biometrics?" they said it was correct.

then I said " so, her picture taken for her first GC will be used for her second GC?? " they said again: "exactly!".

I told him, that I was insecure, because I am going in few days to Brazil, for vacation and a surgery, I will be back after 2 months, and I need to make sure my daughter doesnt be refused her entrance at the airport.

at the end, the guy (Mr. Santos) told me that he was going to file a request for a letter to extend my daughter's GC...

WEIRD...

if is normal that child doesnt receive a letter of extension, WHY he was requesting one for my daughter??

is that possible?

I wrote the protocol # of my call and I asked his name, I wrote the day and exact time we were on line, just in case...

He was very polite and seemed to be willing to help. I hope he is able to help me...

anyway, I am less worried now, knowing that more people heard the same thing I've heard.

****** is there anyone who had the same situation and have a HAPPY END to tell us???? like, child did not have biometrics and got the GC ?? or came back from a trip using parent extension letter????

I am living the same situation.

I got my Receipt notice with just my name.

later, appointment letter to Biometrics and just my name.

I thought it was ok.

Today I went to New Orleans and they said I should receive one in my daughter's name or she couldn't take biometrics.

but they said they didnt know informations to give me because the officers weren't there on friday and their job is just take biometrics. (I knew more about procedures than them).

I called immigration and they said my daughter doesnt need Biometrics because she is 10 years old, and this is just to 14 or older.

I repeat many times, to make sure was clear. "so, my daughter took her biometrics to her first GC, for the second she must pay but not take biometrics?" they said it was correct.

then I said " so, her picture taken for her first GC will be used for her second GC?? " they said again: "exactly!".

I told him, that I was insecure, because I am going in few days to Brazil, for vacation and a surgery, I will be back after 2 months, and I need to make sure my daughter doesnt be refused her entrance at the airport.

at the end, the guy (Mr. Santos) told me that he was going to file a request for a letter to extend my daughter's GC...

WEIRD...

if is normal that child doesnt receive a letter of extension, WHY he was requesting one for my daughter??

is that possible?

I wrote the protocol # of my call and I asked his name, I wrote the day and exact time we were on line, just in case...

He was very polite and seemed to be willing to help. I hope he is able to help me...

anyway, I am less worried now, knowing that more people heard the same thing I've heard.

****** is there anyone who had the same situation and have a HAPPY END to tell us???? like, child did not have biometrics and got the GC ?? or came back from a trip using parent extension letter????

If you filed the I-751 with your daughter as an additional applicant, then her status gets extended with your status, and her approval is automatic once you are approved. Also, if your daughter is less than 14 years old, then she will not require a biometrics....

Most probably, the officer wanted to make you feel better about filing a request to extend your daughters GC but that should've happened already with the receipt of your application. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you fulfilled your part by applying and showing up for biometrics.

The question is - while you are outside the US in Brazil, is there someone to check your mail and have quick and guaranteed contact with you? It is important that you know what mail you receive from USCIS. Also, don't place your mail on hold and have someone collect it for you daily (or every two days).

Hope this helps.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Timeline

If you filed the I-751 with your daughter as an additional applicant, then her status gets extended with your status, and her approval is automatic once you are approved. Also, if your daughter is less than 14 years old, then she will not require a biometrics....

Most probably, the officer wanted to make you feel better about filing a request to extend your daughters GC but that should've happened already with the receipt of your application. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you fulfilled your part by applying and showing up for biometrics.

The question is - while you are outside the US in Brazil, is there someone to check your mail and have quick and guaranteed contact with you? It is important that you know what mail you receive from USCIS. Also, don't place your mail on hold and have someone collect it for you daily (or every two days).

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it helps!

yes, my daughter is in my application.

I rent a Postal Office Box and my husband will stay here because he is working and can't go with us.

So, when he comes afternoon, he just need to pick up the mail. Children in my street are in vacation and my neighbors have some little devils who loves to put leaves of trees inside mailboxes and I dont want something important getting lost.

Probably my GC will be approved while I am in Brazil, like my first GC.

thanks for your help.

I got a second NOA1 addressed to my son extending his status for a year. Did you not get that too? So two letters, one for you to travel with and one for you child?

Did not get biometrics letter for him which I expected.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

I got a second NOA1 addressed to my son extending his status for a year. Did you not get that too? So two letters, one for you to travel with and one for you child?

Did not get biometrics letter for him which I expected.

I got a letter just in my name, nothing in my daughter's name and she was correctly included in my petition and her biometrics fee included in my fee.

I am waiting to see if I will receive, because I called the immigration and the atendant requested a Noa1 for her.

About Biometrics, I am not worried anymore, since everybody explained to me, she doesn't need take again.

I am worried about the letter extending her GC, just because this year we are spending school vacation out of USA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.