lain78

Please Help Imbra or Not

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

About ShiaMatch.com

What is ShiaMatch? ShiaMatch is an online tool to help you find other Shia Muslims who are looking for a suitable match. The main purpose of Shiamatch is to expand your network of prospective matches, complimenting your search through traditional means. Finding a person on Shiamatch is just the first step towards choosing a marriage partner.

How does it work? To contact other members on Shiamatch, YOU MUST FIRST create an online profile. An online profile contains basic information about you. To request someone’s contact information, you can login and send them a request through Shiamatch. If they like your profile, they will accept your request and both parties will automatically receive each other’s email address. From that point on, you may contact each other directly.

Can I maintain my privacy? Shiamatch will keep your Name and Email address private. Name and email information will be passed on to other members only after you have accepted their request. When you request other’s contact information, your name and email is kept private until they have accepted your request. The Shiamatch request system is anonymous.

How much does it cost? ShiaMatch is 100% free for residents of all countries except USA, UK and Canada. Membership is also free for ladies of any country. Membership costs for US, UK, and Canadian residents are $10 for one month or $25 for six months (58% discount). A paid membership allows you to send unlimited requests to other Shiamatch members. A new member gets five free requests as a trial upon signing up. Click here for more information.

How do I sign up? Click on the “Add Your Profile” button in the top menu. You will be required to enter your profile details. After completing your profile, you will receive an email with your Profile ID and password, and other membership details. You can also create a profile for a relative after obtaining his or her permission.

MY QUESTION IS ShiaMatch.com an "International Marraige Broker service?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

they don't have a published IMBRA statement.

http://www.shiamatch.com/terms.php

check paragraph 4.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
they don't have a published IMBRA statement.

http://www.shiamatch.com/terms.php

check paragraph 4.

"The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you."

Darnell does that mean my question 19 on I-129f should be a NO, I did not meet my spouse through the services of an international marriage broker?

Timeline

Suggest you email customer support and ask that question - or specifically -

ask them for their IMBRA COMPLIANCE statement.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
"The Service is an internet information service that facilitates contact between members. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you."

Darnell does that mean my question 19 on I-129f should be a NO, I did not meet my spouse through the services of an international marriage broker?

I debated this very same thing since I met my wife through Jeevansathi.com. According to the 129F form, in the instructions page, "The term “international marriage broker” means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as lawful permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals."

- in this case, Jeevansathi.com would fall into the above category. I said yes and explained in detail as to how my wife and I met. I also sent along the contact/profile acceptance email by my wife. It would be a good idea to send those kinds of things (ie phone records, email/chat records etc. You can record entire chat transcripts in gmail). hope this helps.

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I debated this very same thing since I met my wife through Jeevansathi.com. According to the 129F form, in the instructions page, "The term “international marriage broker” means a corporation, partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity, whether or not organized under any law of the United States, that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services, or social referrals between United States citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States as lawful permanent residents and foreign national clients by providing personal contact information or otherwise facilitating communication between individuals."

- in this case, Jeevansathi.com would fall into the above category. I said yes and explained in detail as to how my wife and I met. I also sent along the contact/profile acceptance email by my wife. It would be a good idea to send those kinds of things (ie phone records, email/chat records etc. You can record entire chat transcripts in gmail). hope this helps.

On a complete aside, the 129F is obsolete now, as of the Feb 1st K3 ruling. You may as well as just save yourself some paperwork trouble and just sit tight with the 130. Looks like the average time these days (for everyone who DIDNT file in October 2009, including myself!) for approval seems to be 3-4 months.

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Timeline

so - did customer service email you their IMBRA compliance statement?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.