TheJesal

Just got married and sending in my I130! New here.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone. Im so excited to have found this forum. Recently married a womderful girl from India two weeks ago. Pained me to have to leave her so soon as now i just got back to the U.S. :(

I was so confused with all the different information that my relatives were giving me on how to apply for a visa. No one really had the same advice which made me nervous as i didnt want to delay anything by applying incorrectly. Im sure many of you felt the same.

Now that im on here it seems everyone has been pretty consistent with their actions. Feels good to read. As i read, recently the K3 visa has been dropped. So i want to make sure my steps are done perfectly.

First step for me should be to fill out the I-130 and the G-325A, correct?

Here is what I have to send in with those forms...

Cover letter with index

Copy of my U.S passport.

Copy Marriage certificate in english

Copy My Birth Certificate (born in the U.S)

Passport size pictures, one of wife and of me.

Now it says to send in proof of the bona fide marriage. Is there something simple that my wife and I can do to show this? Or did most not even send this info in for the I-130 and did it at a later date?

Also from what i seen, its been taking an average of 5-6 months to get their loved ones over to the U.S if there are no delays? Thats great news!

Blah.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Not sure if this matters, but this is my first marriage and she has never been to the U.S. and we have no kids.

So hopefully things go smoothly.

It's critical that you carefully study the I-130 instructions as to supporting documentation. You've missed the signed G325a forms from each of you. Also consider anything you read after the words, "in addition to the required documents...." to be "not required.". For newlyweds, I'd send a few photos together.

You must include those G325a forms though.

You'll just be filing the I-130 and following the CR1 visa path though. K3 is dead and gone.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Read the guides for the CR-1 visa on how to proceed. Congratulations on your new marriage and good luck with your visa journey! :)

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline
It's critical that you carefully study the I-130 instructions as to supporting documentation. You've missed the signed G325a forms from each of you. Also consider anything you read after the words, "in addition to the required documents...." to be "not required.". For newlyweds, I'd send a few photos together.

You must include those G325a forms though.

You'll just be filing the I-130 and following the CR1 visa path though. K3 is dead and gone.

Thanks!

Didnt know we both had to have our own copy of the G325a signed. I was just going to send in one with my signature only. Glad i asked!

Blah.

Timeline

Thanks!

Didnt know we both had to have our own copy of the G325a signed. I was just going to send in one with my signature only. Glad i asked!

Your list didn't include any G325a form. Attention to detail is as critical as careful study of the instructions.

Don't send any "copies" of G325a forms. Send one original for each of you.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Your list didn't include any G325a form. Attention to detail is as critical as careful study of the instructions.

Don't send any "copies" of G325a forms. Send one original for each of you.

I had the G325a listed right there with the I-130 form. Its above the list in my original post but can understand not seeing it.

It has to be original form and not a copy/fax? I would have to have her sign the paper and wait for it to be mailed from India if thats the case. Of course I want to do this right the first time around.

Edited by TheJesal

Blah.

I had the G325a listed right there with the I-130 form. Its above the list in my original post but can understand not seeing it.

It has to be original form and not a copy/fax? I would have to have her sign the paper and wait for it to show up from India if thats the case. Of course I want to do this right the first time around.

Yes, it has to be an original signed in blue or black ink - our attorney forgot to tell us this until my husband had already left the U.S. and she had to provide her firm's fed-ex account number so he could get it to her within 48 hours!

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Timeline

It has to be original form and not a copy/fax? I would have to have her sign the paper and wait for it to be mailed from India if thats the case. Of course I want to do this right the first time around.

Sorry, I see it now. One for each of you. Read all instructions carefully.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, TheJesal !!

The instructions for the I-130 list 6 different types of evidence to submit with the petition, when you actually file the I-130.

Sometimes, this evidence is difficult to get because of either being newly married OR the two spouses live apart in different countries.

Here's what I did, ages past - have a read? (ya, click the link)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry3324240

I suggest yer wife fill out the G-325A in blue ink, and send it to you via PDQ mail.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Also from what i seen, its been taking an average of 5-6 months to get their loved ones over to the U.S if there are no delays? Thats great news!

Where did you 'see' this?

Absolutely FALSE, for India.

Sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
Where did you 'see' this?

Absolutely FALSE, for India.

Sorry.

I just went to processing times at the top of this forum. Under I-130 it said 5 months. Didnt realize theres MUCH more to do after the I-130.

Had a feeling it might have been too good to be true. Thanks for the advice Darnell!

Edited by TheJesal

Blah.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

plz read the guides carefully, and dont skimp out on some of the evidence of the bonafides of the marriage...

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

Welcome to VJ! This site helped, not only with advice and knowledge, but with moral support. It does help to know others are there with you. :)

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.