02/11/10 - Hubby (USC) has I-130 interview at Sydney Embassy

02/11/10 - Hubby and I have CRBA interview at Sydney Embassy

02/17/10 - Medical results received

02/22/10 - Police check received

02/22/10 - NOA2/Packet 3 received

02/23/10 - DS230 mailed off to Embassy

02/23/10 - CRBA received with US Passport for daughter

02/26/10 - DS2001 and supporting documents mailed to Sydney Embassy

03/02/10 - Packet 4 received. Application is complete!

03/09/10 - Visa interview scheduled at Sydney Embassy

03/09/10 - Visa approved

03/11/10 - Visa received

03/19/10 - POE Los Angeles

03/31/10 - Greencard received

04/20/10 - SSN received

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I am ready to send in my I-864 Affidavit of support. Does it need to be notorized?

No, it doesn't but the I-864 is not used for the K3 visa. If you're sending it, then you're on the CR1 or IR1 visa path, not K3.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
No, it doesn't but the I-864 is not used for the K3 visa. If you're sending it, then you're on the CR1 or IR1 visa path, not K3.

Thanks for your response. However, when I go to the page showing that my Affidavit of Support fee has been paid, I am directed to click on link

(go to the Affidavit of Support processing instructions). That takes me to only the I-864 download forms.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

seaking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for your response. However, when I go to the page showing that my Affidavit of Support fee has been paid, I am directed to click on link

(go to the Affidavit of Support processing instructions). That takes me to only the I-864 download forms.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

Correct... as you are paying the I-864 fee that is needed for a CR/IR visa...

YMMV

Timeline
Correct... as you are paying the I-864 fee that is needed for a CR/IR visa...

I am still confused. I have filed petition I-130 Petitiion for alien relative (spouse). Following the instruction of FilipinaFiancee Visa Service for K-3 Spousal Visa. This was approved . Then filed I-129F. This also approved. If I was filing for CR/IR visa it would not require the I-130 Petition. Is that correct.

Could it be that Manila, Philippines has a different policy concerning the Affidavit of Support requirements. Your further comment is appreciated in advance

seaking

Timeline

I am still confused. I have filed petition I-130 Petitiion for alien relative (spouse). Following the instruction of FilipinaFiancee Visa Service for K-3 Spousal Visa. This was approved . Then filed I-129F. This also approved. If I was filing for CR/IR visa it would not require the I-130 Petition. Is that correct.

Could it be that Manila, Philippines has a different policy concerning the Affidavit of Support requirements. Your further comment is appreciated in advance

seaking

Timeline

No, that is not correct. The K3 visa requires both petitions but the CR/IR requires only the I-130. Again, read carefully. The K3 visa does not use the I-864. If you submit an I-864, it will be for a CR1 or IR1 visa process. K3 is dead. Forget about K3.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
No, that is not correct. The K3 visa requires both petitions but the CR/IR requires only the I-130. Again, read carefully. The K3 visa does not use the I-864. If you submit an I-864, it will be for a CR1 or IR1 visa process. K3 is dead. Forget about K3.

I sure that you are right about K3 dead. So I should have not sent in and received approval for the I-129f. Does that mean that they will automatically process us for the CR1/IR1?

So, if I was on the path of K3, then they would be asking for I-134 Affidavit of Support. Is that correct?

Edited by seaking

seaking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I sure that you are right about K3 dead. So I should have not sent in and received approval for the I-129f. Does that mean that they will automatically process us for the CR1/IR1?

So, if I was on the path of K3, then they would be asking for I-134 Affidavit of Support. Is that correct?

You were not on a K-3 path but were on a parallel path... now that the I-130 is approved the I-129F will be administratively closed and you will follow the IR/CR path. Your K-3 path is now closed.

YMMV

Timeline
You were not on a K-3 path but were on a parallel path... now that the I-130 is approved the I-129F will be administratively closed and you will follow the IR/CR path. Your K-3 path is now closed.

Thanks payxibka, that helps explain it. After my I-130 was approved I can't figure why I was told to put in the I-129. Thanks again

seaking

Timeline
Thanks payxibka, that helps explain it. After my I-130 was approved I can't figure why I was told to put in the I-129. Thanks again

You followed the K3 procedures that were correct at the time. You didn't file the I-129F after the I-130 was approved. You filed it after the I-130 was a received. NVC changed procedures for the petitions effective February 1st.

Now is the time to get up to speed on the CR1 process. K3 is no longer an option for you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.