JamalNTam

Is an age a factor when applying?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Big gammer,

So who is 45? The American or the foreigner?

I think it would be MORE suspicious if its the American who is 45 because COs know that some goofy older guys are susceptible to being tricked by young girls who want to come to US and bolt from the mid life crisis laden guys as soon as the jet touches the ground and the too warm blooded girls can get past the POE.

--------------------------

how about a 19 year old girl (who just turned 20 today) and is getting married to a 45 year old man?

**what ya think?? :huh:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

I am interested too in the age difference problem, true love can exist between people of different ages, like with people with different cultures!

- Carole -

K1 journey (2006) - the toughest one!

03/30/06 - I-129F mailed

07/31/06 - NOA2

08/26/06 - Packet 3 received

09/07/06 - Checklist sent back to Embassy

09/16/06 - Packet 4 received

10/03/06 - Interview

10/07/06 - Visa received by post

10/22/06 - Entered USA

01/06/07 - Wedding :-)

AOS journey (2007) - getting easier!

01/18/07 - AOS and EAD applications sent (USPS)

01/23/07 - NOA received

02/14/07 - Biometrics appointment

03/16/07 - Initial interview for AOS

04/08/07 - EAD card received

06/11/07 - CA Driver's License. EAD was needed to be allowed to pass the test in CA :((

07/23/07 - CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD!

I-751 journey (2009) - so much easier!

04/27/09 - Sent I-751 by regular mail

04/29/09 - NOA1 (received by mail on 05/12/09)

07/01/09 - Biometrics appointment (received by mail on 06/20/09)

07/25/09 - Approved - card in preparation (received by mail on 07/31/09)

07/29/09 - Card produced (received by mail on 08/05/09)

Taking a break from USCIS before applying for citizenship...

----

Timeline

i think an age difference of more than 10 years invites scrutiny.Its better when the man is older,but the girl shouldnt be too young. Anna Nicole Smith is the text book case for a gold digger but there are less obvious cases.

Hi,

I am interested too in the age difference problem, true love can exist between people of different ages, like with people with different cultures!

Thats what Anna Nicole Smith said...gold diggers always have a sense of determination that is admirable..some get away with it, maybe Daisy will,maybe not. For more on Anna Nicole Smith, read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Nicole_Smith She was 26; he was 89

Age has never been an issue for me....."For the true love there are no boundaries"...I love this man and I will prove it to the consulate at my interview....Denial is not an option for me....We will "fight" for our relationship and our love..... :whistle:
i think an age difference of more than 10 years invites scrutiny.Its better when the man is older,but the girl shouldnt be too young. Anna Nicole Smith is the text book case for a gold digger but there are less obvious cases.

Hi,

Thats what Anna Nicole Smith said...gold diggers always have a sense of determination that is admirable..some get away with it, maybe Daisy will,maybe not. For more on Anna Nicole Smith, read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Nicole_Smith

Age has never been an issue for me....."For the true love there are no boundaries"...I love this man and I will prove it to the consulate at my interview....Denial is not an option for me....We will "fight" for our relationship and our love..... :whistle:

Edited by asante

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It hadn't even occured to me to worry about an age difference. I'm 30, he's 42. I REFUSE to worry about it, there are lots bigger age differences out there that are getting approved.

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Big gammer,

So who is 45? The American or the foreigner?

I think it would be MORE suspicious if its the American who is 45 because COs know that some goofy older guys are susceptible to being tricked by young girls who want to come to US and bolt from the mid life crisis laden guys as soon as the jet touches the ground and the too warm blooded girls can get past the POE.

--------------------------

how about a 19 year old girl (who just turned 20 today) and is getting married to a 45 year old man?

**what ya think?? :huh:

d girl (filipina) is turning 20 today and the guy 45 (turning 46 this year).. The wedding tomorrow.. :whistle:

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-29

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-06-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-07-25

NVC Received : 2006-07-27

Date Package Left From NVC : 2006-08-02

Date Received By Consulate : 2006-08-10 :-) *confirmed :-)

Packet 4 Received : 2006-09-23

Interview Date : 2006-11-14

**Medical Exam --- October 25-26,2006

**CFO Seminar --- October 30,2006

**CFO Sticker Stamping --- November 23,2006

**PAL Plane Ticket Pick-Up --- November 26,2006

**Departure --- December 7,2006

It hadn't even occured to me to worry about an age difference. I'm 30, he's 42. I REFUSE to worry about it, there are lots bigger age differences out there that are getting approved.

Good, don't worry about it. :)

And if ya'll haven't figured it out yet, asante is a troll, don't feed it, and don't let it worry you. ;)

Edited by aselano

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Timeline

asante please do something productive like play in traffic or something all you do is bring negativity to this forum.

You dont even have your timeline filled in and you have the nerve to sit here and ridicule other people.

Go crawl back under the rock you came from until someone actually asks for your opinion.

Every post i have read of yours is negative.

Is your life that miserable that you need to try and bring everyone else around you down?

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Timeline

Good, don't worry about it. :)

And if ya'll haven't figured it out yet, asante is a troll, don't feed it, and don't let it worry you. ;)

that's not me.. but someone that we know.. and the guy was married once to a Filipina also :) .. and u can'y file K-1 once u are married..right?

have a nice day!!!

***Male Biggamer is still in his sleep doin some zzzzzz's

and this is Female Biggamer.... Peace!

d girl (filipina) is turning 20 today and the guy 45 (turning 46 this year).. The wedding tomorrow.. :whistle:

Is this you or your friend? Did they file a K1?

i put my reply on the wrong window. My bad... :innocent:

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-29

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-06-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-07-25

NVC Received : 2006-07-27

Date Package Left From NVC : 2006-08-02

Date Received By Consulate : 2006-08-10 :-) *confirmed :-)

Packet 4 Received : 2006-09-23

Interview Date : 2006-11-14

**Medical Exam --- October 25-26,2006

**CFO Seminar --- October 30,2006

**CFO Sticker Stamping --- November 23,2006

**PAL Plane Ticket Pick-Up --- November 26,2006

**Departure --- December 7,2006

Timeline

Am just what this board needs!

Everyone here agrees with everything everyone says. I bet you dont like me because I give alternative to the yes yes yes chorus on this site. Wake up and smell the coffee.

asante please do something productive like play in traffic or something all you do is bring negativity to this forum.

You dont even have your timeline filled in and you have the nerve to sit here and ridicule other people.

Go crawl back under the rock you came from until someone actually asks for your opinion.

Every post i have read of yours is negative.

Is your life that miserable that you need to try and bring everyone else around you down?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how the immigration officers look at younger couples applying for a K-1 visa. Do you think it sways there decision? My thought is that I'm 23 and my fiance is 24 - of course we would wait if we were both citizens of the same country but he is my soul mate and i love him very much - the only way we can be together is if we get married. Whats the avarage age of people on here who are in the situation of a K-1 visa?

I'm 21 and my fiance's 27. :)

I'm 21 and my fiance is 23.... :luv:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how the immigration officers look at younger couples applying for a K-1 visa. Do you think it sways there decision? My thought is that I'm 23 and my fiance is 24 - of course we would wait if we were both citizens of the same country but he is my soul mate and i love him very much - the only way we can be together is if we get married. Whats the avarage age of people on here who are in the situation of a K-1 visa?

I'll probably get blasted for this due to some visitors of this website falling into this

While I am apposed to marriages outside of a 10 year age difference across the board, (80% are a disaster due to vast generational gaps and differences. There are exceptions 20% of the time.) I am sure it is refreshing for them to see couples that are closer to each others age range, and both younger. Much less "Jerry Springer" for them to have to deal with in their jobs. But as far as effecting the visa process at all, no law is in place to effect that.

18 is not a magical age. So why it is still legal for a 40+ year old megalomaniac man to marry an 18 year old girl is beyond me. Otherwise, why have the age of consent at all? It's just a form of legal pedophilia to me.

Backwards logic to me. But whatever, it's your life, ruin it as you like.

Meh, nothing to see here.

Timeline

I'll probably get blasted for this due to some visitors of this website falling into this

While I am apposed to marriages outside of a 10 year age difference across the board, (80% are a disaster due to vast generational gaps and differences. There are exceptions 20% of the time.) I am sure it is refreshing for them to see couples that are closer to each others age range, and both younger. Much less "Jerry Springer" for them to have to deal with in their jobs. But as far as effecting the visa process at all, no law is in place to effect that.

18 is not a magical age. So why it is still legal for a 40+ year old megalomaniac man to marry an 18 year old girl is beyond me. Otherwise, why have the age of consent at all? It's just a form of legal pedophilia to me.

Backwards logic to me. But whatever, it's your life, ruin it as you like.

Sure maybe they should not allow interracial relationships and even lets go as far as people of differant faith also.

Who is to say what a person feels for another?

Love comes in all differant sizes,shapes,colors and ages.

The way i see it is if a person is mature and of legal age and is able to know what they want in life there shouldnt be any restrictions put on them by any outside entitys.

I am 39 and my fiancee is 19 we started as friends and after chatting for 2 months we found that we started falling in love with each other. Did i ever think i could find someone so much younger than me compatible with me ? NO but it happend and i am so happy for it happening. Some people think, oh what can you possibly have in common?

1. The desire to be loved

2. We both want strong family values

3. Video gaming (even at my age i am still a gamer, always will be)

4. Botany and gardening

5. sunsets and the one you love on the beach

6. poetry

These are only few things we have in common, me and my fiancee talk every day 2 times each day for 4 hours each session and not 1 time did we not have very fun and loving conversations. At the end of each talk session we both hate saying byeee because we want to be together so much,she send's me messages all day long even she knows its 1am,2am, and i get up for work at 3am.

At first i felt weird about the age differance like i was doing something wrong,but she told me age is only a number and means nothing as long as you have love.

Edited by gobdogman

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.