JamalNTam

Is an age a factor when applying?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

good luck to u both have all your ducks lined up in a row and be prepared :)

I guess I dont get the history with Daisy. However I am interested in her quetion aobut age difference. I am 45 and my fiancee is 21. Could any one tell me if this could present any kind of problem?

Thanks!!!!!!

There were some other things about her story that seemed a little odd to some VJs. It was not the age thing alone, but the combination of factors.

I'd say the age gap is not be an issue if the relantionship is legit.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't bore you with the Daisy saga.

Age generally does not make a difference, as long as all your other documentation is in order.

Moreover, that USCIS and the Embassy, view the relationship as legitimate. We all must prove legitimacy of our relationships. An age difference may, emphasis on may, impact a case riding along the margin.

I guess I dont get the history with Daisy. However I am interested in her quetion aobut age difference. I am 45 and my fiancee is 21. Could any one tell me if this could present any kind of problem?

Thanks!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Just out of curiosity I was wondering how the immigration officers look at younger couples applying for a K-1 visa. Do you think it sways there decision? My thought is that I'm 23 and my fiance is 24 - of course we would wait if we were both citizens of the same country but he is my soul mate and i love him very much - the only way we can be together is if we get married. Whats the avarage age of people on here who are in the situation of a K-1 visa?

You guys are fine! Luis&Laura are also a young couple too... The big thing they are looking for are huge age differences, not just being that young in itself... however if you are both 16 that's a different story!!

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how the immigration officers look at younger couples applying for a K-1 visa. Do you think it sways there decision? My thought is that I'm 23 and my fiance is 24 - of course we would wait if we were both citizens of the same country but he is my soul mate and i love him very much - the only way we can be together is if we get married. Whats the avarage age of people on here who are in the situation of a K-1 visa?

I'm 21 and my fiance's 27. :)

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Thanks!!!!!!

Well i hope its not gonna be an issue, love comes in many shapes and sizes.

I myself am 41 and my fiance 22! we don't care it just feels right. If the US government

makes an ordeal of it I would be very surprised, but there again it does seem to

make me a little nervous.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Age is not an issue both of you are on the legal age. Goodluck!!!! :dance::dance::thumbs:

Met online - December 2002

Met face-to-face - May 28, 2004

Engaged - June 4, 2004

I-129F mailed - June 16, 2004

Received by NSC - June 21

NOA1 date - June 28

NOA2 online - September 20

Petition received in Manila - September 30

Packet 3 Received - November 27

Medical Exam - January 5, 2005

Immunizations - January 12

Interview scheduled for January 21

Approved!!!! - January 21

Visa in hand!!!!! - January 25!

CFO Seminar- January 27

Pumpkin will return to the Philippines - February 3

Home in Denver with my Pumpkin- February 8

Received Social Security Number - February 24

Civil Marriage - February 24

Adjustment of Status App. received at CIS - April 18

Employment Authorization App. received at CIS - May 11

Passed written test - received Driving Instruction Permit - May 23

Biometrics - June 11

EAD Approved Online - July 6

Second fingerprint appointment - July 16

Catholic Church Wedding Ceremony November 26

RFE received by the CIS - January 6

AOS APPROVED! - January 21

2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Daisy, is your last name gold-digger? How can a 20s year od get with a man in their 60s/ What do you talk about? The latest model of dentures on the scene?

Daisy please look for a younger man to file your K-1. Americans already know about the vulnerability of men in their waning years, easily victimized by women who like Anna Nicile Smith....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Age can, and does make a difference, especially concerning certainl consulates and areas of the world. Large age differences will be looked at. If the man is older than the women, it is less of a problem than the woman being older than the man, in the cases of a large difference.

If ages are close together, it's no issue, unless they younger than the minimum legal age to marry, or an age which requires parental/guardian permission.

In the case of Daisy, she will be denied for many reasons.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

:whistle:

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Age can, and does make a difference, especially concerning certainl consulates and areas of the world. Large age differences will be looked at. If the man is older than the women, it is less of a problem than the woman being older than the man, in the cases of a large difference.

If ages are close together, it's no issue, unless they younger than the minimum legal age to marry, or an age which requires parental/guardian permission.

I agree with everything. There are some consulates who scrutinize age differences especially with the older woman/younger man combination. Your ages should be fine.

Timeline

Yes, some consulates will even deny if one handsome or beautiful person tries to file for an ugly one. It must be suspicious that an ugly person and beautiful people to be together! The beautiful person must be after smthng.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

how about a 19 year old girl (who just turned 20 today) and is getting married to a 45 year old man?

**what ya think?? :huh:

I-129F Sent : 2006-03-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-06-29

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-06-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-07-25

NVC Received : 2006-07-27

Date Package Left From NVC : 2006-08-02

Date Received By Consulate : 2006-08-10 :-) *confirmed :-)

Packet 4 Received : 2006-09-23

Interview Date : 2006-11-14

**Medical Exam --- October 25-26,2006

**CFO Seminar --- October 30,2006

**CFO Sticker Stamping --- November 23,2006

**PAL Plane Ticket Pick-Up --- November 26,2006

**Departure --- December 7,2006

Timeline

Yes, thats fishy, if you ask me.If I can see that, the consular officer will likely see the same too.

how about a 19 year old girl (who just turned 20 today) and is getting married to a 45 year old man?

**what ya think?? :huh:

This thread is so funny!! By the way i am 23 and my fiancee is 23 she was 22 when we filed and we got our visa this week so age has not effect what so ever!

Just make sure you have a strong case with lots of good evidence then you should be fine.

Good Luck!! :dance:

Event Date

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-01-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-01-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-03-28

Packet 4 Received : 2006-07-12

Interview Date : 2006-07-28

Date Visa Received : 2006-08-02

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.