Together4ever

Monday

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Where did the weekend go? Can I have another? Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh I'm too sleepy. Had a mega meltdown last night. Mohammed made me promise to email the Embassy and ask them for a time frame. That threw me into a fit of fear, but I did it. Didn't sleep last night. He OWES me! Grrrr...

Embassy reply:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we can not give you an estimated time for that but we assure that the visa will be issued soon and will be mailed to his address.

Regards,

Consular Staff

"we assure that the visa will be issued soon" He got it ?! FOR SURE? (little voice grinding away "don't trust don't trust don't trust") He got his visa?? He really is going to get it? When doesn't matter at this point... but why can't I accept these words? He got it???

Man, I just can't let myself trust these words. I want to so badly! SOMEBODY SMACK SOME SENSE INTO ME???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
SOMEBODY SMACK SOME SENSE INTO ME???

Only if you smack me too Jean! I know these open ended emails can make you sick. I have learned that Cairo's meaning of "soon" and "shortly" is much different than my meanings. Someday it will happen I have to keep telling myself that. (It has to, right?)

Off to work! I'm going to apply for a couple jobs this week. I have been holding off on trying to get another job till Khallid gets here, but since I have no idea when that will be, I'm going for it. I need more money, insurance and a job a little closer to home. I do like my job, I am just in need of a change.

Yep. It's doing a number on my head. Just trying to NOT think right now and get geared up for another work day.

I understand about the need for insurance and better pay. I need to consider this when this contract winds down for me, unless they offer me this. I don't care much for the commute downtown and back every day. Yuck.

Moh says I don't need to work when he gets here. I try to explain the reality is yes I do, but he insists so he'll have to see that situation for himself I think. But still it's a sweet thought on his part and I love him for it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Those emails are tricky from the embassy huh?

Your patience will be rewarded im sure of it!

-Sarah

Sarah and Otman

Naturalization interview: August 25th

Oath Ceremony: September 17th!!! woo hoo.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yep. It's doing a number on my head. Just trying to NOT think right now and get geared up for another work day.

I understand about the need for insurance and better pay. I need to consider this when this contract winds down for me, unless they offer me this. I don't care much for the commute downtown and back every day. Yuck.

Moh says I don't need to work when he gets here. I try to explain the reality is yes I do, but he insists so he'll have to see that situation for himself I think. But still it's a sweet thought on his part and I love him for it.

Khallid says the same thing, but he might change his mind once reality of the expenses here kick in. Plus Khallid knows that I'm not the stay at home type. We've discussed me working a couple 12 hour shifts at the hospital a week. By doing that I'd make what I bring home working 45+ hours now. Either way, once life settles down (if that ever really happens) I'm sure I'll go part time and start running the kid cab. :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is not a boring Monday for me. My cat was diagnosed with diabetes officially on Friday and I have to go get the insulin and bring him to the vet office so they can show me how to give him a shot.

What we do because we love our furry friends! :luv:

Twila

P.S. I really need to think about home monitoring him. Can you imagine pricking a cat's ear to get a little blood? I think just giving the shots will be challenge with this cat. Some fun days coming...I am sure!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

I love Mondays! It's the start of a brand new week! You can make what you want it.

On Mondays, I try to plan something constructive for each day. My week plan is to :

Mon-hmmmm it is too hot here to do anything

Tue- Clean bedroom closet

Wed-Check on getting a rental car (2 weeks after accident, I am still driving a crashed up car!)

Thur-I see shopping for this day!

Fri--Try a new recipe out on Mohammed

back to the weekend.....

Hope you all have a great day!

Jackie

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow Jean what a way to start the week! I pray it is the best news!!!

Poor kitty, you are so right Twila what we do for our pets.

Monday...good since I am off work!! :dance:

Think I'll do a litlle weeding this morning. Been outside allready and it is hot and humid already. Ummm maybe weeding can wait until the pm whne the sun goes down. I think I'll feed the roses first and see how it goes. I may wilt.

I missed my swim buddy over the week end. :P My sisters came to swim yesterday. Lol, it poured rain, hey so what we were wet anyway so we just stayed in the water.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey everybody. Well I am moved, my house is back in order. Alhamdullilah. I have some great news. My Hachemi is coming home. :dancing::dance: He is booked on a RAM flight for August 12th. He has to fly to Casa from Algiers the day before. Then the next day he leaves for NY. He will arrive at 3:40pm. At 7:29pm he will leave JFK for Atlanta. At 10pm he will leave Atlanta and arrive in Jackson Mississippi at 11pm. I can not beleive it. It is finally happening.

Jean, I like that email. Sounds like they are trying to reassure you that he is getting the visa soon. I am praying for you guys that are still waiting. :thumbs:

Twila, I hope your little cat does well. Poor thing.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Wow, Meriem, that is so exciting! I wish you a happy reunion with Hachemi. That first day is so sweet.

Jean, the e-mail sounds pretty positive. Hopefully they will get on the ball and issue the visa soon!

Jackie, you are way more positive than I am on Monday mornings. All I can think is "here we go again." Maybe I need to change jobs or something.

My weekend was good, but tiring. I went to my friend's bachelorette party, which was pretty wild. No strippers, thank goodness, but there were plenty of representations of the male anatomy in various forms (photos, statues, etc.) over the weekend. I was happy for my friend, but am kind of excited to be back at home with my guy. My bachelorette party will be very different than hers, that's for sure!

Hope everyone has a lovely Monday and a great week!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
It is not a boring Monday for me. My cat was diagnosed with diabetes officially on Friday and I have to go get the insulin and bring him to the vet office so they can show me how to give him a shot.

What we do because we love our furry friends! :luv:

Twila

P.S. I really need to think about home monitoring him. Can you imagine pricking a cat's ear to get a little blood? I think just giving the shots will be challenge with this cat. Some fun days coming...I am sure!

Aww, you have my sympathies. I had a cat who was diabetic and on insulin too. Unfortunately, it was when they weren't into doing home blood glucose tests so I had to keep trying to test his urine. It is not a good compromise in getting the dosage right. You will find the shots are super easy though. Get the 'short' insulin syringes, 31 guage which are ultra fine. (I recommend BD ultra-fine II 3/10cc size). The injection goes in the loose skin just in front of the shoulder blades at the back of the neck and just goes under the skin. They are virtually painless. I can't say about the ear pricks though. Good luck to you and your kitty.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My weekend was good, but tiring. I went to my friend's bachelorette party, which was pretty wild. No strippers, thank goodness, but there were plenty of representations of the male anatomy in various forms (photos, statues, etc.) over the weekend. I was happy for my friend, but am kind of excited to be back at home with my guy. My bachelorette party will be very different than hers, that's for sure!

Hehe, my "bachelorette party" consisted of North African food, a trip to the bowling alley but no bowling cause it was too smokey, and then out for a huuuuuuge hot fudge sundae.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Hey everybody. Well I am moved, my house is back in order. Alhamdullilah. I have some great news. My Hachemi is coming home. :dancing::dance: He is booked on a RAM flight for August 12th. He has to fly to Casa from Algiers the day before. Then the next day he leaves for NY. He will arrive at 3:40pm. At 7:29pm he will leave JFK for Atlanta. At 10pm he will leave Atlanta and arrive in Jackson Mississippi at 11pm. I can not beleive it. It is finally happening.

Jean, I like that email. Sounds like they are trying to reassure you that he is getting the visa soon. I am praying for you guys that are still waiting. :thumbs:

Twila, I hope your little cat does well. Poor thing.

Meriem (F)

Meriem I'm so happy for you and Hachemi. I wish him a safe journey, and hope the time passes quickly until you're reunited!!

Michaela

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.