Joe28

I-485 transferred to CSC with no update w/ I-765

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, I received an email from USCIS stating....

On February 19, 2010, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made.

My Adjustment of status has been based on marriage within 90 days to my husband. We mailed our RFE for I-864- Supporting documents. And until now we didn't receive any update with my I-765 and biometrics. I am confused and no clue what would be the next step. Please help me? when will i have my biometrics? and how soon can i work after the process? :crying:

Thank you and your help is highly appreciated.

Joan

We filed our I-485 (AOS) on December 22, 2009 :(

So about 60 days ago (with an RFE in between).

One would assume that since your AOS got transferred to CSC, you could feel confident that they got your response to the RFE and have resumed processing (which is good, since an RFE effectively stops all processing - including on the EAD, until you satisfactorily respond). You should be expecting biometrics pretty soon then - can't get the EAD without it. I'd look for it any day now.

Hi everyone, I received an email from USCIS stating....

On February 19, 2010, we transferred this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made.

My Adjustment of status has been based on marriage within 90 days to my husband. We mailed our RFE for I-864- Supporting documents. And until now we didn't receive any update with my I-765 and biometrics. I am confused and no clue what would be the next step. Please help me? when will i have my biometrics? and how soon can i work after the process? :crying:

Thank you and your help is highly appreciated.

Joan

I had the same problem myself with the biometrics. After 30 days past after AOS package was sent to Chicago I called USCIS and told them about this letter delay. They made a service request to the local Immigration Office and on the next day I got my biometric letter. In couple of days I made a walk-in biometric and it went everything just fine.

You should call USCIS ASAP if you want to get moving with the biometrics!

By the way congratulations with your transfer to California Center... it means it should be moving faster now!

ROC

01/13/2012 - package delivered at CSC

01/17/2012 - check cashed

--/--/---- - NOA1

01/25/2012 - Bio Letter received (dated 01/20)

02/03/2012 - Biometrics Appointment done

So about 60 days ago (with an RFE in between).

One would assume that since your AOS got transferred to CSC, you could feel confident that they got your response to the RFE and have resumed processing (which is good, since an RFE effectively stops all processing - including on the EAD, until you satisfactorily respond). You should be expecting biometrics pretty soon then - can't get the EAD without it. I'd look for it any day now.

Thank you so much for your reply! you gave me hope and i'll update you soon Karin & Otto...

Again, thank you and take care :D

PS: I'm so happy that i signed up and probably someday i can help...

Joan

I had the same problem myself with the biometrics. After 30 days past after AOS package was sent to Chicago I called USCIS and told them about this letter delay. They made a service request to the local Immigration Office and on the next day I got my biometric letter. In couple of days I made a walk-in biometric and it went everything just fine.

By the way congratulations with your transfer to California Center... it means it should be moving faster now!

That's a good point about calling to see if they'll put in a service request - it can't hurt - just block out a good 30 minutes for the call. :P

I will call them if i won't receive any mail from them so that they can speed up my application. Thank you so much for sharing and i'll keep it n mind!

Take care Andana... :)

• 2 weeks later...

To: Otto, Karin & Andana,

Thank you so much for all your help... bydy, I received my ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics) today and I'm scheduled on the 15th of this month. Yeheeey...

They said that I need to bring the appointment notice and any photo indentication card. Is there anything I should bring aside from those 2 things??? just want to make sure im ready coz i don't like surprises.. :D

Again thank you! Wish me luck and hope for ur reply... byeeeeeeee

Joe

your marriage certificate

12/30/05 - married

7/14/06 - sent I-130

7/18/06 - notice of arrival I-130

8/03/09 - received approval I-130

7/28/09 - sent AOS package

7/29/09 - arrived Chicago lockbox

8/05/09 - touched

8/07/09 - received notice of arrival I-485

8/07/09 - received Biometrics appoitment notice for 9/2/09

8/22/09 - did walk-in biometrics (in/out within 30 minutes)

8/25/09 - touched

10/23/09 - received interview appoitment letter for 11/24/09

11/24/09 - Interview - approved received I-551 stamp

11/25/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

11/28/09 - received welcome letter from USCIS (by mail)

11/30/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

12/02/09 - received email from USCIS - I-1485 approval noticed mailed out

12/03/09 - touched

12/05/09 - received 10 year green card in the mail, Thank you Jesus

• 8 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

triplicate post added to old thread

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Nope, that is all you need to bring. The appointment letter (which they will stamp) and two photo IDs.

BTW shellyalex has a point there, if you applied for AOS using your married name and you are adjusting from K1, you may want to bring your marriage certificate.

To: Otto, Karin & Andana,

Thank you so much for all your help... bydy, I received my ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics) today and I'm scheduled on the 15th of this month. Yeheeey...

They said that I need to bring the appointment notice and any photo indentication card. Is there anything I should bring aside from those 2 things??? just want to make sure im ready coz i don't like surprises.. :D

Again thank you! Wish me luck and hope for ur reply... byeeeeeeee

Joe

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.