cshell

fees/money

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

At the time that the beneficiary attends the interview at the embassy are any funds needed? If so how much and can it be by certified check or money order. As if there is a fee I will forward it with the Affidavit of Support when I DHL the papers down to him. In the same regard is any money need to pick up the visa or upon entrance through customs into the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
At the time that the beneficiary attends the interview at the embassy are any funds needed? If so how much and can it be by certified check or money order. As if there is a fee I will forward it with the Affidavit of Support when I DHL the papers down to him. In the same regard is any money need to pick up the visa or upon entrance through customs into the US.

There's a fee that applicants have to pay to attend the interview, in Brazil at least, of US$100.00. It should be paid at the bank (in Brazil, Citibank) before the interview. But these rules change according to the country. I mean, in some countries, there's no need for such a fee, in other, the fee is paid in another bank, and so on.

Maybe you should call the consulate to find out?

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

All country is different as to their procedure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
There is a $100 fee for a non-immigrant visa in Guyana but I am not sure if that is the same case with a K-1. As far as I know there is no fee to pick up your visa.

K1 is a non-immigrant visa. There is a $100 fee for every K1 visa interview in every country as far as I know. Almost every country also has an arrangement with a local bank so that visa applicants can take their appointment letter, pay the fee, and bring the receipt to the appointment. In Guyana, the bank is Citizen's bank. Your fiance needs to go there first to pay this fee. There shouldn't be anything else to pay for the interview although you may want to email the consulate to be 100% sure.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline

"Almost every country also has an arrangement with a local bank so that visa applicants can take their appointment letter, pay the fee, and bring the receipt to the appointment. In Guyana, the bank is Citizen's bank. Your fiance needs to go there first to pay this fee."

As of yet we haven't received packet 4 which I gather will contain the appointment letter within based upon your response - Can a person pay the fee to Citizen Bank without the appointment letter? I ask as my fiance will be in Georgtown this week. Is the actual appointment given after paying the fee or will it arrive in Packet 4?

Additionally, on a gov't web site I saw that the fee for the DS-230 form is $335. So far my fiance only filled out Part 1 and sent it back to the Embassy. When does he do part II and will he be required to pay the fee of $335?

Timeline
"Almost every country also has an arrangement with a local bank so that visa applicants can take their appointment letter, pay the fee, and bring the receipt to the appointment. In Guyana, the bank is Citizen's bank. Your fiance needs to go there first to pay this fee."

As of yet we haven't received packet 4 which I gather will contain the appointment letter within based upon your response - Can a person pay the fee to Citizen Bank without the appointment letter? I ask as my fiance will be in Georgtown this week. Is the actual appointment given after paying the fee or will it arrive in Packet 4?

Additionally, on a gov't web site I saw that the fee for the DS-230 form is $335. So far my fiance only filled out Part 1 and sent it back to the Embassy. When does he do part II and will he be required to pay the fee of $335?

As far as I know, the date will be in packet 4. And you'll need the letter to pay for the fee before attending the interview.

I have never heard of a fee for DS230. I was nowhere asked on the instructions of packet 3 or 4 to fill out part 2 of it.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

$100 visa fee reciept is reqired to show on interview.

There is no fee when you enter into US

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My assumption is that packet 4 will contain the appointment letter but that is all dependent on how the consulate in Guyana handles it. I don't think he can pay without having the letter because the bank probably needs that letter to credit the payment correctly. Also, it's usually ANY location of the bank -it doesn't have to be in Georgetown so I wouldn't worry about rushing to get it down while he is there. He can even pay it an hour before he goes to the interview - as long as he has the receipt, it's fine.

The DS-230 is not applicable - your fiance is going to receive a NON-immigrant visa and will continue his adjustment of status in the US. The DS-230 is for an immigrant visa. Just stick to the guidelines provided in the packets and you'll be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
$100 visa fee reciept is reqired to show on interview.

There is no fee when you enter into US

I was charged $6 at the point of entry for issuance of I-94. Plus, I had to pay import fees for my car.

AOS TIMELINE

10/27/06 Mailed I-485 and I765 to Chicago

11/07/06 Checks cashed

11/09/06 Received NOA1 for both EAD and AOS in the mail

11/13/06 Received a letter for Biometrics appointment

11/15/06 Received e-mail that RFE has been mailed yesterday

11/21/06 Biometrics appointment

12/04/06 Sent RFE back

12/08/06 RFE accepted in Lee's Summit - USPS confirmation

12/12/06 RFE recorded on file by USCIS

12/13/06 Touched

12/18/06 Touched again

12/26/06 Received Interview letter dated Dec 19

01/20/07 EAD file touched

01/24/07 EAD approved and card production ordered - received 3 e-mails!

01/24/07 AOS file touched

01/26/07 EAD touched, 3 e-mails received that the approval notice has been mailed

01/30/07 EAD Card Received by Mail

02/07/07 AOS Interview, approved pending FBI name check

04/27/07 Received E-Mail "Welcome New Resident"

04/30/07 Received E-Mail "Card Production Ordered"

05/01/07 Received Welcome Letter in mail

05/07/07 Green card received in the mail!

01/28/09 Mailed I-751 application.

01/30/09 Check already cleared! In two days!

02/03/09 Received NOA - Letter of extension dated 01/29/09

02/11/09 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 02/24/09

02/24/09 Biometrics Appointment Completed.

04/01/09 Inforpass appointment- got I-551 stamp in my passport

04/11/09 Approval Letter received - dated 04/07/09

05/06/09 E-mail "Card Production Ordered" received

06/01/09 10 Year Green Card Received!

Timeline
The DS-230 is not applicable - your fiance is going to receive a NON-immigrant visa and will continue his adjustment of status in the US. The DS-230 is for an immigrant visa. Just stick to the guidelines provided in the packets and you'll be fine.

We're asked to fill out DS-230 (part I only) in Brazil...

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

oops

Edited by SweetDefiance

We were married in Washington in August, we submitted our I-485, I130, I765, and I131 in Sept of 06 to the Chicago Lock Box, and got our Green card in January 07!!! Found this was much faster and easier than going through the K1 process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.