Plane crashes into Fed. Building in Austin, Tx

38 posts in this topic

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Pointing out Danno has already targeted Obama, but keep telling yourselves your fair and balanced!

Since I am not a news agency, I have no obligation to be -fair and balanced.

(did you get that?)

There are a number of news agencies trying to tie this guy to the Tea Party crowd, even though he was also at war with the Catholic Church, Big Business (not big government) and the Bail-outs. If one were silly enough to tally the score, he would seem more like a left-wing nut than a Right wing Nut.

I assume this guy is a Crackpot tied only to himself.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
software engineer ... guess he lived the world of 1 and 0

speaking of engineers, where is consolemaster?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Since I am not a news agency, I have no obligation to be -fair and balanced.

(did you get that?)

There are a number of news agencies trying to tie this guy to the Tea Party crowd, even though he was also at war with the Catholic Church, Big Business (not big government) and the Bail-outs. If one were silly enough to tally the score, he would seem more like a left-wing nut than a Right wing Nut.

I assume this guy is a Crackpot tied only to himself.

You have no obligation to be fair and balanced, but it helps to be relatively sane.

Trying to connect Obama to this incident is ridiculous in the extreme.

Timeline

Daughter says pilot in Texas IRS crash was a hero

AUSTIN, Texas – The daughter of a man who crashed his small plane into an Internal Revenue Service building called her father a hero for his anti-government views but said his actions, which killed a tax service employee, were "inappropriate."

Joe Stack's adult daughter, Samantha Bell, spoke to ABC's "Good Morning America" from her home in Norway. Asked during a phone interview broadcast Monday if she considered her father a hero, she said: "Yes. Because now maybe people will listen."

Authorities say Stack, 53, targeted the IRS office building in Austin last week, killing employee Vernon Hunter and himself, after posting a ranting manifesto against the agency and the government. He apparently set fire to his home before flying his plane into the office building.

Hunter's son, Ken Hunter, said he's alarmed by comments that called the pilot a hero.

"How can you call someone a hero who after he burns down his house, he gets into his plane ... and flies it into a building to kill people?" Hunter told ABC." "My dad Vernon did two tours of duty in Vietnam. My dad's a hero."

Bell said she offered her deepest condolences to Hunter's family. She said her father's last actions were wrong.

"But if nobody comes out and speaks up on behalf of injustice, then nothing will ever be accomplished," she told ABC. "But I do not agree with his last action with what he did. But I do agree about the government,"

link

story.joseph.stack.ko.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Joe Stack's adult daughter, Samantha Bell, spoke to ABC's "Good Morning America" from her home in Norway. Asked during a phone interview broadcast Monday if she considered her father a hero, she said: "Yes. Because now maybe people will listen."

"But if nobody comes out and speaks up on behalf of injustice, then nothing will ever be accomplished," she told ABC. "But I do not agree with his last action with what he did. But I do agree about the government,"

Her moronic comments are inappropriate. She sounds out of touch in Norway to say the least.

No one is going to listen to tax cheats whining about paying taxes that we must all endure. What injustice is she talking about anyway?

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

It helps if you read the related articles. The idiot felt that if the Catholic church can get away without paying taxes, he could too and he hired some expensive lawyers to try to pull this off. He failed and claimed that his failure wasn't because what he did was wrong, but because the IRS discriminated against him because he wasn't rich.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

IRS worker killed in crash was a loyal family man

AUSTIN, Texas – The family of a longtime Internal Revenue Service employee killed when a pilot harboring an anti-IRS grudge flew his plane into his office remembered the Vietnam veteran Saturday as devoted family man who likely would have tried to save his co-workers from the burning building before escaping himself.

"He was full of life. Probably the best teacher I had in my life," Ken Hunter said of his father, 68-year-old Vernon Hunter. The elder Hunter had been missing and presumed dead since Thursday, when software engineer Andrew Joseph Stack III slammed his plane into the Austin building where Hunter worked as a manager for the IRS.

The crash caused a large fireball that destroyed much of the hulking glass building where Hunter's wife, Valerie, also worked as an IRS employee. She was not wounded.

Hunter was the only person besides Stack to die in the attack, and authorities officially notified the family they had identified his remains on Saturday, said Larry McDonald, a family friend and deacon at their church.

Stack, 53, apparently targeted the lower floors of the building that houses IRS offices after lashing out at the agency in a ranting manifesto posted on a Web site shortly before Thursday's attack. In the note, Stack claimed the government and the its tax code robbed him of his savings and ruined his career.

Standing outside Hunter's house in the Austin suburb of Cedar Park, Ken Hunter said he wanted to tell people about his father after hearing about Stack's life and his anti-tax crusade. He was alarmed by comments from Stack's friends who said he was a good person and Internet postings calling the pilot a hero.

"People say (Stack) is a patriot. What's he a patriot for? He hasn't served the country. My dad did two tours of Vietnam and this guy is going to be a patriot and no one is going to say that about my dad? That's what got me started talking. I couldn't stand it anymore," Ken Hunter said.

In the note, Stack wrote that he realized "violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer." He apparently set fire to his home before taking off Thursday from an airport 30 miles north of the Texas capital. His current wife and her daughter were not at home at the time.

Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo said his wife, Sheryl Stack, and her daughter had left the couple's home Wednesday night and stayed at a hotel but would not elaborate. Acevedo said police had no reports of domestic violence at the home.

Stack's daughter from his first marriage, Samantha Dawn Bell, said the Web manifesto didn't sound like the father she knew.

"It's not him. The letter itself sounds like it's coming from a different person," she said in an interview from her home in Norway.

Stack also lashed out at his Austin-based accountant Bill Ross in the anti-IRS screed. In a statement, Ross said Stack hired him for tax help in 2008 but the pilot had failed to give him all his financial information, resulting in an IRS audit.

Ross said when Stack ignored the audit and his advice, he ended the business relationship and had not been in touch with him since October.

No one answered the door at Ross' house Saturday. But his spokesman said the accountant was fine. "Certainly nobody wants their name in a rambling manifesto of someone who ran his plane into a building," said Chad Wilbanks, a former executive director of the Texas Republican Party.

Back at the Hunter home, Ken Hunter said he assumed the worst after not hearing from his father within an hour after the crash.

"I called dad about 20 times. I never got an answer," said the younger Hunter, who lives in San Antonio. "I could tell."

Vernon Hunter grew up in Orangeburg, S.C. before joining the Army after high school in 1959 and served about 20 years. Though he liked his job at the IRS, he had just begun to hint at retirement and was talking about going back to school to get a degree teaching children with learning disabilities.

Hunter and his wife, Valerie, each had three children before they were married and melded the large family together, Ken Hunter said. He also loved the Washington Redskins football team and eating good Texas barbecue.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *