KittyPollitt

Need advice abt transportation from Mohammed V airport

18 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? My future brother in law is a total tool box and refuses to pick us up at the airport on Saturday, so we are relegated to public transportation with 6 pieces of luggage and a baby in a car seat. I really don't want to take that much luggage on the train to Casa Voyageurs because that station is a zoo, and I fear something may get stolen, but we can't fit it all into one cab from the airport with us in it.. I was thinking of having him bring a family member with him and having them ride in a cab from the airport with our luggage while we take the train into town, to save money on cab fare.. Does anyone have any other suggestions? *sigh* :wacko:

Edited by squeaky580

Timeline

Normally I would agree, :lol: but we can't even fit it all into a Hyundai Sonata here, we had to borrow an SUV to get to the airport- so I KNOW it's not fitting in one of those tiny french sh1tboxes, and not into the Benz 240's either.. one time when a giant Crown Vic with slimy backseats would be nice...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wish I could help, but if the taxi's are anything like the ones in Egypt, then 6 pieces of luggage is

not gonna fit! Lucky to fit 1 large and 1 small!!

What about trying to get a little mini-van taxi?

Good luck hon!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

What city are you going to? Unless you can find a personal friend who has a SUV or van you will have to take 2 taxi's. Have your husband bring a friend with him to the airport that way someone can ride with some of your things while you and your husband ride together.

I had to do that once.

Timeline
My girlfriend here just suggested that you ask your husband to get a small commune from his city to bring your stuff.

I think we're gonna get a few of his aunts to help... I don't think he totally realizes the sheer volume of luggage involved, and I'm certain he doesn't understand what it's like to travel with a baby.. :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is crazy, what a tool!

You could look into hiring one of those grand taxis (the big Mercedes). Shouldn't be too expensive if you are just going from the airport to someplace in Casa. If that is still too small, tell your hubby to go to the place in the souk where they make and sell furniture. There will be guys with small trucks who deliver the stuff to people's houses. i'm sure you could cut a deal with them to come to the airport and help you. It may be expensive, but cheaper than if you rented a truck to move your stuff here in the US.

Bonne chance!

hz

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Timeline
That is crazy, what a tool!

You could look into hiring one of those grand taxis (the big Mercedes). Shouldn't be too expensive if you are just going from the airport to someplace in Casa. If that is still too small, tell your hubby to go to the place in the souk where they make and sell furniture. There will be guys with small trucks who deliver the stuff to people's houses. i'm sure you could cut a deal with them to come to the airport and help you. It may be expensive, but cheaper than if you rented a truck to move your stuff here in the US.

Bonne chance!

hz

That's a good idea, I'll ask him about that.. He's out right now, I hope finding a solution.. :P

Timeline
I have no transportation advice, I just wanted to say good luck with your trip. I hope everything goes smoothly and that you enjoy your time there.

Thank you ^_^ Zahra is what we call our daughter.. I love that name :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I don't have any advice for transportation in Casa...however, when my oldest daughter & I went to Lebanon, my hubby hired someone to pick us that had space for us and all our luggage and other baby related stuff...I really suggest your fiance do that, that may be a little more expensive, but in the long run, the best option.

I hope you have a great time and I am sure the whole family is super excited to meet your little angel! (Especially daddy! Oh! And make sure to have your camera ready for those first moments, they are priceless!)

OUR TIMELINE:

Met online: June 5, 2006

Met in person: February 5, 2007

Marriage: February 24, 2007 in Beirut, Lebanon

I-130 Sent: July 23, 2007

NOA1: September 4, 2007

Daughter Born: October 27, 2007

NOA2 (Both 1-130 & I-129): March 12, 2008

NVC receives I-129F, case # assigned: April 4, 2008 (They NEVER receive the I-130)

Interview Date: August 12, 2008

Visa in hand, 1 month exactly of AP/AR/name checks: September 12, 2008 (whoot! whoot!)

POE: October 16, 2008 (praying all goes smoothly!)

Abed arrives in Lexington, KY (FINALLY! What a rough trip for him!): October 17, 2008, 8:47am EST

Adjustment of Status:

Sent in April 16, 2009

Received NOA1 in mail: April 29, 2009

Biometrics Appt: May 13, 2009

RFE: May 11, 2009 (received May 14, 2009)

Sent in RFE (that we had already included in the original packet!): May 26, 2009

Resumed Processing: June 1, 2009

EAD Card Production Ordered: June 10, 2009 (thank you GOD!!)

Received EAD card: June 20, 2009

2nd Daughter Born: July 13, 2009

Interview Date: July 31, 2009...easy, breezy...Card Production Ordered!

Received 10 year green card : August 14, 2009

Baby Boy is born: May 17, 2012

Apply for Citizenship: October 22, 2012

Interview: January 11, 2013

Oath Date: April 12, 2013 (Covington, KY)

done Done and DONE!!! Praise God!

Now we get to work on getting his family to the US!!

Timeline
Does Zahra mean Cauliflower? I always thought thats how we said it in arabic?!

omg i asked my fiance and he didnt know what "cauliflower" is, so i showed him a photo, and he said "that's a FLOWER?! If you give that kind of flower to a woman, you're in trouble!" :lol::rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I only knew it as "flower", but I just looked it up and it is also used for cauliflower (whose "official" name is al-qarnabit). Other meanings for zahra are blossom, splendor and beauty.

Does Zahra mean Cauliflower? I always thought thats how we said it in arabic?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.