Joe's Wife 4ever

Can iI bring my sister to the US through I130?

31 posts in this topic

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 years? Good grief. My poor baby sister. She is still single right now but she will probably be married before the 12 years span :( That's sad :(

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sad that she is getting married?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sad that she is getting married?

No, sad on how long you can petition your daugther :( No wonder there are so many illegal aliens in US.. lol :P Kidding..

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

Timeline

Daughter or Sister?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

POINTS TO REMEMBER:

One way for you to get your sister to permanently live here is for you to be a US Citizen first.that would take roughly 20 t0 23 years for visa to become available.

and for you to apply citizenship:

- must stay married with the same US Citizen husband for three years and

-must be a greencard holder for three years atleast.

2. Petition your mom or dad first,it takes only less than a year ,then once one of them are here ,one can petition her category f2b and it takes 8 to 10 years till visa become available if she is over 21. but if not it only takes 4 to 5 years.

-parent petitioning must still be alive till visa become available otherwise it will be nullified.

Edited by griffin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
No, sad on how long you can petition your daugther :( No wonder there are so many illegal aliens in US.. lol :P Kidding..

22 years is mainly a PI phenomena because there are so many being petitioned for... most other countries it is a only about 10 year wait for a sibling

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The problem is the preference categories. Siblings are the lowest preference category so every single other kind of petition jumps the line in front of yours.

It takes a long time to get to the front of what is already a long line when 95+% of newcomers to the line are allowed to cut in front of you :(

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

F4 is a seperate category. No cutting in.

I have a brother but the ability to sponsor him seems a bit odd. It seems likely that this category would go in any Comprehensive Immigration Reform.

Timeline
F4 is a seperate category. No cutting in.

Not within the category. But any other case in any higher category gets adjudicated first. That's why it takes so long.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400 plus any numbers not required for fourth preference.

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older): 23% of the overall second preference limitation.

Third: Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens: 23,400, plus any numbers not required by first and second preferences.

Fourth: Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens: 65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences.

You can ignore the plus, they are always taken.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Not within the category. But any other case in any higher category gets adjudicated first. That's why it takes so long.

No, each category has a minimum allotment....

YMMV

Timeline

<Shrug>. I stand corrected.

DON'T PANIC

-Douglas Coupland

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello,

I am a US citizen and my I-130 for my brother (who is 16 years old) has been approved within 9 months. I thought the first step with USCIS would take 10 years.

Does anyone knows how long it will take the NVC to assign him a Visa number?

Thank you and your help will be appreciated.

Timeline

About 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.