CraigUSA

Time Limit Once K-1 Received

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I was wanting to know if anyone knows if there is a limit of how long your Fiance can say in the home country once the K-1 Visa is receiced before she leaves for USA? My fiance has things she has to take care of like Real Estate once the K-1 is received and i dont want to put the K-1 in jepoardy of being expired.

Thanks

craig

*K1 Timeline

-2006-1-2 First Email and begain our relationship

-2006-3-26 Met in Moscow for an Awesome Week together

-2006-5-2 Sent K-1 to Texas Svc Center where it was transfered to California

-2006-5-12 K-1 'Officially' received at California Service Center

-2006-5-15 NOA1 Received

-2005-6-2 Met in Her hometown of Krasnodar,Russia for week vacation

-2006-6-4 'Officailly' Proposed to her after speaking to her family for Blessing of Marriage

-2006-7-01 1st RFE received

-2006-7-02 RFE sent back with paperwork

-2006-7-5 RFE received by CSV

-2006-7-14 Email confirming receipt of RFE

-2006-7-15 Touched

-2006-8-09 NOA2....Finally

-2006-8-28 NVC Approved

-2006-8-29 On its way to Moscow

-2006-10-29 Interview Scheduled for 2007-1-31

-2007-01-31 Interview Cancelled by Anna

-2007-04-09 Application sent back to CSV

-2007-04-30 Relationship eneded

2008-1-10 We begin to talk again

2008-2-05 after the storm we both admit that we were stubborn and not being flexible of ourselves and cultur

2008-6-10 discussions of our feelings for one another are admitted (we never fell out of love)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband recieved his Visa July 05, he arrived in the States in Oct. 05, we married in Nov. 05, filed for AOS Feb 06, recieved green card July 06.

Just remember the closer the arrival date to the expire date on the K-1 the shorter of a time to plan for a wedding if you still are needing to plan..

The Visa is good only for 90 days entry into the US so you must marry before the 90 days expires.

Moondancer

Edited by moondancer627

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Timeline

moondancer,

How does the time between arrival date and visa expiration date affect the time to plan for a wedding? As you say, there's 90 days allowed from entry to marriage, no matter when the visa expires. (Indeed, if planning can be in progress before the alien fiance(e) arrives in the USA, the closer arrival is to visa expiration the more time there is to plan.)

Yodrak

Just remember the closer the arrival date to the expire date on the K-1 the shorter of a time to plan for a wedding if you still are needing to plan..

The Visa is good only for 90 days entry into the US so you must marry before the 90 days expires.

Moondancer

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I bet your not a woman, I was planning up to the minute before I was walking down the aisle....

Edited by moondancer627

7-3-06 GREEN CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!! Done for two years!!!!!!

I am here to help, even if it's just to offer my shoulder to cry or vent on... We are all in this together.!

My answers are based on personal experience, not fact.

We are on this rollercoaster ride together holding on for dear life.

Filed: Timeline

moondancer,

What's that got to do with it? The closer the arrival in USA date is to the visa expiration date the more, not less, time there is to plan the wedding if planning starts when the visa is issued.

If planning doesn't start until the alien fiance(e) arrives in the USA it makes no difference whatsoever how close the arrival date is to the visa expiration date.

Yodrak

I bet your not a woman, I was planning up to the minute before I was walking down the aisle....
Edited by Yodrak

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OK, so, to be clear, the 90 day clock on the legal wedding & filing for AOS does not start until my bao bei steps off the plane in the USA?

My fiancee was granted her K-1 on 30 May 2007; the six month clock expires 30 November 2007. She won't get here until 26 November 2007. I couldn't determine for certain whether or not those clocks expire at the same time. It wouldn't be a record, but getting the legal wedding done and the AOS filed in two days would be Herculean.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
OK, so, to be clear, the 90 day clock on the legal wedding & filing for AOS does not start until my bao bei steps off the plane in the USA?

My fiancee was granted her K-1 on 30 May 2007; the six month clock expires 30 November 2007. She won't get here until 26 November 2007. I couldn't determine for certain whether or not those clocks expire at the same time. It wouldn't be a record, but getting the legal wedding done and the AOS filed in two days would be Herculean.

You've got it. Also, it's good to get the AOS filed within the 90 days after arrival but that's not critical.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you have 90 days from when she arrives

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.