1,001 posts in this topic

Yo tambien voy a hacer mi DCF en Mexico DF.Alguien sabe si puedo enviar los documentos por correo????Es q estoy pronta a una cesarea y no podre presentarme personalmente.Jaramedios podrias pasarme el documento q te enviaron del DF?????

I can translate. She said:

I am also going to do my DCF in Mexico City. Does anyone know if I can send the documents by mail? I'm about to have a cesarean and won't be able to go in person. Jaremedios, could you send me the document that they sent you from Mexico City?

Welcome, Ingrid_rachel, yes, you can mail it. Read this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...r.statecode=amx It contains the address and explains who can file DCF in Mexico. (those residing in Mexico with FM-2 or FM-3)

Marisol posted the document and as far as I know it's still there. That's the one that Jaremedios said was the same one. Good luck!

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Thanks Lia! I absolutely HATE when I have to get all bossy like that. :blush:

And Ingrid -- best wishes for a quick and painless childbirth! Hope everything goes well. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi chicas,

Just to let you know, my hubby wrote me yesterday and told me we had a letter from Homeland Security saying we got approved for the first part. Woooohooo! Now just a matter of waiting for the packet from CDJ.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi chicas,

Just to let you know, my hubby wrote me yesterday and told me we had a letter from Homeland Security saying we got approved for the first part. Woooohooo! Now just a matter of waiting for the packet from CDJ.

Congratulations !!! :dance:

How long did it take from the date they recieved the I-130?

Edited by Marisol73

Yay Jaremedios! That is great! We have gotten delayed in submitting our packet because my FM-3 is at Mexican Migracion while our marriage gets registered at the Registro Nacional de Extranjeros. Our packet is all ready except I need to print our pics for evidence, get the passport pics and one more affidavit. Have nice vacations!

Edited by Lia792

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Hello DCFers,

We finally got my FM3 back from the Mexican Inquisition, I mean Immigration, so we are all set to go to the Embassy tomorrow. We also had to go around in circles with HSBC for a bit trying to get a cashier's check (cheque de caja.) The girl told us we couldn't get one unless we had an account in dollars. Then I said I would convert my account to dollars and she said that would take about a week. Then I said I would change my dollars somewhere else and come back and she still said, "no." We went to do another errand and I came back and said I would like to open a new account with dollars and she doublechecked with a manager because that sounded like a lot of work to her and suddenly they COULD give us a cashier's check in dollars with my normal account in pesos. Also, the check came out pretty cool because it had English and Spanish. We also dealt with the pictures issues by getting 5x5 although technically US passport size is 5.1x5.1. I'm bringing a huge packet of stuff and then I will just leave what they want with them.

Let me know when you guys get your packets from CJ!

Edited by Lia792

Timeline

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if those who have already posted here could help me...

About six weeks ago I sent my I-130 form to Mexico City to begin the process, but I really don't know anything about DCF. Does it automatically go through that process instead of the regular process file (which is what I thought) when it is sent to Mexico City???

Also, I'm quite anxious as I haven't heard ANYTHING in the last six weeks. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if they can tell me anything. I sent the form with all the support/evidence/documents/translations DHL (from Merida) on February 27th, and according to DHL it was received on March 1...

Hi Jilly and Danny,

I think you should definitely get in touch with them. They tend to be slow to respond to email but people seem to get in touch with them by phone.

If you have a FM-2 or FM-3 and possibly 6 months in Mexico, you are eligible to file the I-130 for your relative in Mexico City. Once approved in Mexico City, it is sent on to Ciudad Juarez. It is informally called "DCF" or Direct Consular Filing because the petition is not being filed at the CSC or VSC (Service Centers in the US.)

Good luck!

Timeline

Hi Jilly and Danny,

I think you should definitely get in touch with them. They tend to be slow to respond to email but people seem to get in touch with them by phone.

If you have a FM-2 or FM-3 and possibly 6 months in Mexico, you are eligible to file the I-130 for your relative in Mexico City. Once approved in Mexico City, it is sent on to Ciudad Juarez. It is informally called "DCF" or Direct Consular Filing because the petition is not being filed at the CSC or VSC (Service Centers in the US.)

Good luck!

Thanks! I got ahold of them finally last week and they said it was clearly received based on the DHL information, but it never made it to their office...and then today they told me that it did make it to the office but was entered into the wrong database. I am indeed happy that someone is at least acknowledging that I sent it now!!

I have an FM3 and have lived in Mexico for 3 years so it shouldn't be a problem!

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been MIA. Besides coming back from the US after a long trip, I'm cooking and planning for my baby girl's first birthday party. Anyway, from the time that my I-130 was received at the Mexico City Embassy and the time that the letter arrived telling us we were approved was about 4 weeks. You can see my timeline with exact dates. Still no letter from Ciudad Juarez but fingers are crossed that it will come soon.

Hey guys,

Today we finally got into the embassy to meet with DHS to make the petition. You don't go in where the tourist visa applicants wait, but instead go in to the front entrance. There were several surprises. I had prepared a huge packet to give them, but they didn't want much of anything. First of all, we got to the embassy and had to leave our cell phones and my backpack downstairs. Then, we went up to the second floor to a really tiny room with two different sets of windows and a bunch of people waiting. One set of windows was for salida voluntaria, for people giving up their green cards, and the other set was for people that had different questions for USCIS. Most of the people seemed to be coming to argue about immigration issues or ask a lot of questions that they could easily find on the USCIS webpage or visajourney. Finally, our turn came - by the way, they are only open to receive I-130s between 9am and 1pm Mondays and Thursdays. The man wanted my I-130, the G-325s & my appendixes (just one copy of each G-325), our passport pictures (1 each,) a copy of my husband's IFE credential, I brought a copy of all the pages of my passport and all the pages of my FM3, and he had me sign a paper saying that I had given them copies of our documents but could produce the originals upon request. Then, the bad news came. Our $355 cheque de caja from HSBC wasn't going to work for them, so I had to go take the money out of the bank again and get another cheque de caja (cashier's check) from a bank called Tiber Casa de Cambio which was on the same street as the embassy above a Bancomer (Banamex? I get them confused.) We managed to go to the bank and then to the casa de cambio all within an hour and get back in time to turn in our check and get our receipt. I asked them if they wanted any evidence and they said, "No," that all the evidence should go to Ciudad Juarez once they started sending us the packets. They also did not keep a copy of my birth certificate or anything else. I asked them when I should go back to the US to prove domicile and have proof of my job and he didn't seem to think there was any rush for me to get back or that it even mattered if I got back before the visa was issued. He said it was important for us to have a domicile to move to and didn't seem to think sponsorship proof was going to be a big deal. So, I guess I will wait for Packet 3 and then go back to the US then so my honey has some paystubs to take to the interview. They said it would be a max of 3 weeks before they got back to us about the petition (with a rejection or NOA2) and that the visa would take a max of a year to approve "so that we didn't get our hopes up." He said they were going to check if both of us had been eligible for marriage and if I was a citizen eligible to make the petition and if my husband was eligible to receive a visa, and then they would get back to us. With all the people coming in with strange questions, I was not surprised at all that they didn't have time to approve it right there.

So now I join those still waiting for their NOA2s and I'm going to start gathering the information for the DS-230 and I-864. We were stressed about going to Ciudad Juarez, but it's been so dangerous here the past couple weeks that it will only be a slight step up in the risk factor. Good luck, guys, and keep us posted!

I was especially thinking about ingrid_rachel and your C-section and Marisol & your wedding and hoping all those things were going well. I hope the Bday party went well Jaremedios and I'm glad that your vacation worked out so well. I'm starting to think I've been in Mexico too long because I've gotten so used to trammmmmittteesssss (paperwork.)

I forgot to mention that they also took my copies of my marriage certificate - it was weird, we had one with fingerprints and one that they gave us a few days later at the Registro Civil and I translated both (thanks Jaremedios for the format) and they actually said they would take both of them and both of my translations.

Well I emailed them to correct some reversed birthdates on my husband's G-325a (I've been in Mexico too long) and they emailed me right back within a few hours saying they just attached my email to the file. That was very nice of them, but that means the petition is not approved yet, darn it. (I know, it's only been two days and they seemed very busy, so I will now have to patiently wait and resist the urge to bother them.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.