1,001 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sure I will ask them your questions!...I will go to Monterrey on Thursday (i live in Cd Victoria Tamaulipas) and will come back on Monday. I promise I will tell you on monday about all the information i got there.

Thanks so much! Great! I'm so glad you joined us!

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Hi, everyone!

I'm new and just starting to read everything about DCF. I live in Monterrey with my mexican husband and daughter.

Marisol, please tell us what they tell you on thursday! Good luck!

Hi LaGringa! Welcome! Are you guys thinking about DCF too?

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi LaGringa! Welcome! Are you guys thinking about DCF too?

Welcome LaGringa! So glad I started this topic. I though Lia792 and I were the only ones in Mexico DCF'ing. La Gringa, what are you planning to do ?

Timeline

Welcome La Gringa !

I will go to the embassy tomorrow morning.. I am going to Monterrey later today. (around 2pm)

Please everyone send me questions before 2pm!... I have many..but maybe you have others than me.

And of course I will be posting all the information on Monday.

Marisol

Timeline

Hello everyone !

I just came back from Monterrey.. :thumbs:

I went to the embassy on Thursday, they were really nice.

They gave me a list of requirements (see attachment).

About the proof of residence in Mexico, they told me than it can be telephone bills on my name or utilities, or bank statements, etc.. they said I can provide the last 2 months and will be OK.

And they said all the process takes around 8 months. (I hope they said the maximum time !)

I will go with all the forms and papers on March (I have to wait because my husband (well ...soon-to-be)...has to tramit a divorce decree (and it takes around 2 more weeks because it is the first time he ask for one copy)... and then we will get married and submit the applications (for him and for my son).

Oh.. they told me to fill the form by hand.

You were right Lia792 about the FM2, FM3 mexican immigration forms, I wont need them because Iam mexican by birth. They ask for proof of dual citizenship (mexican birth certificate).

All documents need to be in English, they told me I can go to the Facultad de Filosofia y Letras de la UNAM o en el Instituto Cultural for translations.

Well I think that's everything, Im really happy to qualify to do DCF!.. I think is the best and fastest option.

Marisol.

PS..

Lia792: Yes, They process the USCIS part, so there arent NOA1 and NOA2. At the moment they receive (by person) the I-130 they check that everthing is OK, if something is missing they will tell you at that moment so you can correct it. If they accept the form is because is all right. Then, about 2 weeks later they send you by mail a letter saying that is approved (most cases are approved) and to tell you that they will send all to Cd Juarez. Cd Juarez will contact you directly (by mail).

The interview date is provided by Cd Juarez. You can not send the I-864 sooner, you have to wait until they request it.

post-80503-1266867575_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Marisol! It was so nice of you to ask my questions for me. It sounds like we will be filing around the same time since I will be filing just after the wedding and will probably go to Mexico City to drop off my papers in about a month or hopefully even less. So, I guess that means we do skip NVC then and hopefully that will make things quicker.

I definitely hope it takes less than 8 months since most of the regular CR-1s are taking 6-7 months through USCIS. I guess we will all find out.

I'm glad things are working out for you and good luck with all the wedding prep now!

Oh, by the way for everyone filing through Mexico City, I just got an email today in response to my email of Jan. 11 saying that we only need to have the marriage certificate translated.

Edited by Lia792

Hi, Marisol!

You've been extremely helpful! Thank you for your answers.

I also have dual citizenship and was wondering about the FM2. It's good to know there's a way around it.

I'm working on the translations and as soon as I have them and my mexican BC (have to get it from another state) we'll go to the embassy and hopefully we can get this started!!

You say you're going to petition for your baby too, couldn't you apply for a CRBA?

Timeline
Hi, Marisol!

You've been extremely helpful! Thank you for your answers.

I also have dual citizenship and was wondering about the FM2. It's good to know there's a way around it.

I'm working on the translations and as soon as I have them and my mexican BC (have to get it from another state) we'll go to the embassy and hopefully we can get this started!!

You say you're going to petition for your baby too, couldn't you apply for a CRBA?

I applied for the CRBA for my baby last november in Matamoros Consulate, I had everthing they asked for, but unfortunately i didnt know that because i was a single mom at the time he was born I must have been in USA for a continuos period of 365 days, and I was in Houston for 10 years but I came to visit my family every Christmas, just for a few days but that broke the continous days... I was so sad and frustrated !.. but well.. I have the option of te permanent resident for my baby...and then.,,,they told me that once in USA he will be american citizen without any further forms to fill out. Just ti tramit his american passport.

Im glad my information can help you.

Lia: Thats good that only the marriage certificate needs to be traslated in Mexico City, in Monterrey they told me they need also the birth cerrificates traslated.

I will be posting all my journey and will be reading yours.

Good luck for everyone !

Oh... how frustrating! I have some friends who had to petition for their daughter also because the USC dad had left the US before turning 14. They are in the US now and I think she's is now a citizen.

I applied for one for my daughter last year. They gave me a hard time first because I apparently didn't have enough proof of having lived in the USA. Of course when I finally met with the officer, he approved it right away without checking all the proof I took! So I guess you never know! Also, I tried to do it in Matamoros first but they could never tell me what I needed. So unhelpful!

Timeline
Oh... how frustrating! I have some friends who had to petition for their daughter also because the USC dad had left the US before turning 14. They are in the US now and I think she's is now a citizen.

I applied for one for my daughter last year. They gave me a hard time first because I apparently didn't have enough proof of having lived in the USA. Of course when I finally met with the officer, he approved it right away without checking all the proof I took! So I guess you never know! Also, I tried to do it in Matamoros first but they could never tell me what I needed. So unhelpful!

Hola todas!

The document Marisol attached is the same one Mexico City sent me through email. So it's good to know there is consistency. Mexico City also told me to just translate the marriage certificate, but it specifically says on that document attached, that all documents translated to English. I would (and I did) to be safe.

I also have a CRBA for my daughter, but then again I'm a USC by birth and lived there continuously until 22 so I guess that's why I had no problems.

Cuidense.

I sent out my I-130 on Monday. I'll keep ya'll updated about what happens.

Timeline

Yo tambien voy a hacer mi DCF en Mexico DF.Alguien sabe si puedo enviar los documentos por correo????Es q estoy pronta a una cesarea y no podre presentarme personalmente.Jaramedios podrias pasarme el documento q te enviaron del DF?????

Yo tambien voy a hacer mi DCF en Mexico DF.Alguien sabe si puedo enviar los documentos por correo????Es q estoy pronta a una cesarea y no podre presentarme personalmente.Jaramedios podrias pasarme el documento q te enviaron del DF?????

Hi Ingrid! Sorry to be a real pain, but it is English only in the upper forums, like the DCF forum. I know this is a thread about DCF in Mexico, but there might be others going through the DCF process who don't speak Spanish who might be able to help. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.