1,001 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I went to my interview this morning and they approved my visa!!

Congrats!

We finally received our letter asking us to make an appointment for an interview. The date on the letter is June 15th meaning it took 3 weeks to reach us, but only 1 week from when Mexico City sent their information to Juarez, so thats a quick turn over... it's just the mail service that slowed things down.

Hopefully interviews aren't pushed back too far, we will call tomorrow to find out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know where to get these numbers? They were not on our letter from Mexico City or from Juarez.

• Your NVC invoice ID number
  • Your Beneficiary ID number

I don't know. Where those are requested?

About you other post, I didn't call. I went to links referred in the letter. I filled the DS-260 and after that I could schedule the interview online.

Timeline

Quick question for those recently in Juarez.

Payment for interview and medical. Cash (dollars or pesos), bank checks, personal checks... what do you suggest?

Thanks!

In the medical you can pay in pesos or dollars. I suggest paying with dollar as the exchange rate is expensive right now $15.95 Mexican pesos per dollar.

It was something like $15.60 when I went and they use 15.90! You can also pay with credit/debit cards. I am not sure about checks. Note: They are going to make two charges: one the medical and the other one the vaccinations and you can pay them using different cards.

The interview, I paid it with dollars in cash. In the document here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/packet4oct2014.pdf

"This post will accept your cash payment. However, please try to bring the exact amount in small denomination bills. You can also pay with the following credit cards: American Express, Visa, Discover and MasterCard. The fee is nonrefundable, regardless of the outcome of the interview."

So you can pay it with cash or credit/debit cards.

If you have the dollars in cash already, I suggest using them to avoid the exchange rate. If not, paying with cards are OK.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

So, Miguel had his visa appointment today and he was not told yes or no, but that it needed more time for Administrative Processing. Obviously both of us are trying to figure out what we have done wrong. Has anyone else gone through this? Should we be worried. :(

• 2 months later...

Anyone done this in person as of lately?

I did this process 4 years ago and my sister in-law is filing for her 4 children.

However she tried calling case de cambio Tiber and has got no answer, and since she is hesitant to go there with cash and get the money order.

Some people have mentioned CiBanco as well, but I haven't seen any new references.

So I'd appreciate any responses regarding where you guys got your money orders.

Timeline

Does anyone know if all DCF Mexico I-130's are sent to the Texas Service center? I am trying to start our timeline and it fills Texas Service Center in automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone!

I just read something that made me nervous somewhere... it said that you cannot file for DCF if both people are from out of country.. does anyone know if that is true? Neither of us are Mexican but we both have permanent residency here, and live here full time.

Yes you can, in Mexico at least. My wife and I just got our I130 approved, shes an american citizen studying in Mexico and Im Bolivian also studying in Mexico.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.