1,001 posts in this topic

You can find out the interview date by email, and if you never get the letter, you can go to Ciudad Juarez and request the letter at the information window. You still have to have it before you go to the medical.

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Yes

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Really? You got Packet 3? I never did and it's now been 2 months since I got the email with the case number. Let's hope the same doesn't happen with the interview letter (whenever that may be).

We have yet to recieve the Packet 3 OR the Interview letter at our Mexico address. I emailed and they SAID they mailed the interview letter to both our US and MX addresses... I got the one in the US (actually mailed from El Paso) a few days after it was actually postmarked...(July 2nd) but STILL have not received anything here in Mexico. Luckily I had the US letter sent to a friend who was coming to Cozumel so we have it... but the mail here in MX is so unreliable!!

Timeline

Yeah I'm worried about actually receiving the interview letter here as well. We got packet 3, but we never got anything from Mexico City that they said they sent. Thanks for the info Lia. Its quite a relief knowing there's another way of getting the letter if it never gets here through regular mail.

If the interview letter takes a really long time and looks like it isn't arriving, you can also always call them and see if they will email it to you. We tried but they wouldn't.

Hi Everyone !

Do you know How long do I have to wait before send an inquiry form to cd juarez asking my case number?

The I-130 for my son was approved on July 9th.. it is too soon to ask for case number?

I want to send packet 3 as soon as possible.

Thanks !

Hi Marisol! Our 130 was approved on June 29, and after 2 emails inquiries that said they didn't have a case number yet, I called Juarez on July 22nd and they said our case number just went into the system the day before. So it took about 3 weeks! I would try the online inquiry once or twice, then call...

Filed 130 in person in Mexico City June 2010

130 approved next day

No case number until July 21

Sent Packet 3 July 21

Packet 3 approval date Aug 4

Oct. 4 Interview- Approved!

Timeline

There's still hope!! We checked our mail today (delivered yesterday) and have received the interview letter here at our Cozumel, Quintana Roo, Mexico address. Apparently all of their mail is sent from El Paso in the US (according to the US postage stamped on the envelope) which would explain the delay.

The letter is dated June 24, the US postmark on the envelope is dated June 30 (maybe they pick up mail from CJ and take to El Paso weekly?), the Cancun, Quintana Roo stamp on the back is marked July 13 and it actually got to our little island of Cozumel on July 24 -- so it took a month to get here. I'm guessing it should probably 6-10 days less for others that live on the mainland -- since it took 10 days to get to our house from Cancun and there is no telling how long it was here in Cozumel before it was delivered to our house.

Timeline

jaremedios - according to their timeline, czqjacq has their interview on August 4. They sent their Packet 3 on June 11. I sent mine on July 13, so that gives me hope for the first week or two of September. I sent an inquiry on Thursday, which I haven't gotten a response to yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Marisol! Our 130 was approved on June 29, and after 2 emails inquiries that said they didn't have a case number yet, I called Juarez on July 22nd and they said our case number just went into the system the day before. So it took about 3 weeks! I would try the online inquiry once or twice, then call...

Thanks Arianak... I guess I will do that ;)

Timeline

Anybody hear anything about the price of the spouse visa going from 400 to 600 USD? My brother-in-law mentioned the prices went up ridiculously, but I haven't seen or read anything.

I read that the FIANCE VISA went up -- I don't think there is a SPOUSE VISA perse, I think it's a FAMILY VISA (that the spouse would fit into)

Found price changes eff July 14 at this link --- Thank goodness didn't see what you brother-in-law thought he saw or heard...

http://travel.state.gov/news/news_5078.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.