jtobster

Translations?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I got my husband's birth certificate and our marriage certificate translated to English by a public interpreter recognized by the US Embassy in Caracas. However, that was before they required that all documents be legalized (apostile sealed), and you can't legalize documents with a translation attached. I am fluent in Spanish and could do the translation myself but I'm not certified as a translator. Does anyone know if it's acceptable for me to do the translation myself or if I have to pay someone AGAIN to do the translation?

EAD

11/02/2006-mailed EAD

11/08/2006-NOA1

11/17/2006-transferred to CSC

11/18/2006-*touched*

11/22/2006-*touched*

11/27/2006-*touched*

11/28/2006-*touched*

11/29/2006-Biometrics

01/20/2007-*touched*

01/23/2007-*touched*

02/17/2007-APPROVED!!

I-130

03/15/2006-NOA1

03/24/2006-*touched*

**Come on!!! No touch in 10 months!! WHAT'S GOING ON!!!**

04/25/2007-APPROVED!!!

I-129F

04/14/2006-NOA1

07/03/2006-RFE received

07/04/2006-RFE sent from Venezuela

07/14/2006-RFE email confirmation received

07/18/2006-*touched*

07/21/2006-*touched*

07/26/2006-*touched*

08/31/2006-NOA2!!!!!!!!!!

09/02/2006-*touched* On a Saturday!!

09/14/2006-case received at NVC & case # assigned

09/18/2006-letter sent stating case should be sent to embassy in less than a week

09/22/2006-case sent to embassy!!!

09/25/2006-case received at embassy!!!

10/05/2006-INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!

10/06/2006-picked up visa and ran to the airport to catch the next flight out!!! HOME!!!!

Is this for the interview? If so one generally only has to have documents translated if they are not in English or the country's native language.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I got my husband's birth certificate and our marriage certificate translated to English by a public interpreter recognized by the US Embassy in Caracas. However, that was before they required that all documents be legalized (apostile sealed), and you can't legalize documents with a translation attached. I am fluent in Spanish and could do the translation myself but I'm not certified as a translator. Does anyone know if it's acceptable for me to do the translation myself or if I have to pay someone AGAIN to do the translation?

From what I understand, you can do it yourself, but you just need to certify that you are fluent in both english and Spanish. I had it done by a professional here, so when I needed another one of the same papers they just made a duplicate and charged me $5.00. I felt better about them doing it rather than an interested party, so there were no questions as to the legitimatacy of the translation.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I could easily have translated my own, but thought it best to avoid giving UCIS anything to doubt. In the end, I did the translating, and a friend who is also bilingual made a couple of minor changes and then signed off on the certification of the translation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.