Luckygoat

Had anyone sent in AOS without Birth Certificate?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

I was wondering have anyone gotten a RFE for sending in birth certificate in with AOS. My family backhome is having ahard time locating mine and its gonna take the registra 2 months to create a new onw. I was wondering if I shud just send it out with just the passport?

Came to the U.S on a F1 visa January 2008

Got engaged to my USC girlfriend Dec 2008

DEC 29th 2009 Married

JAN 27th 2010 Medical completed Jan 27th

FEB 17th 2010 AOS + I-130 package sent

FEB 25th Got emails with all receipt # ( but not able to check on USCIS site)

FEB 28th Online status check available

MAR 1st Received Hard Copy of NOA's in the mail

MAR 8th Received Biometrics appointment in mail: for Mar 18th (however no updates on site or email notifications)

MAR 9th Biometrics complete via walk-in (All docs touched on USCIS site)

MAR 26th Received interview appointment (For May 6th)

APR 23rd Touched on I-130 and I-485

APR 26th Touched on all docs, EAD card production ordered

MAY 1st Advance patrol in mail

MAY 6th Interview (Request for additional information)

MAY 6th EAD in mail

June 1st (RFE mailed in)

June 28th Notice of approval on USCIS website

July 3th GREEN CARD INT HE MAIL!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I was wondering have anyone gotten a RFE for sending in birth certificate in with AOS. My family backhome is having ahard time locating mine and its gonna take the registra 2 months to create a new onw. I was wondering if I shud just send it out with just the passport?

You will yes.

The instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf page 3 mentions the birth cert or if it's not available another method too. Sorry it won't let me copy and paste.

Is there any reason you can't wait? Or perhaps send it without it, when you get the RFE you might have received the birth certificate by then so it might not slow you down as much as you think and if there's a time sensitive reason why you want to file now, at least you have the petition sent in, it just might take a little longer. Issue is, what if you get a 30 day deadline to get the RFE'd info together and you don't have it in time?

Is there a reason why you can't wait? I mean I know waiting sucks (trust me i know :S) but it might be easier in the end.

also, could you please update your timeline and your profile. I have no idea what petition you're filing, where the beneficiary is from or anything. It will help you get more specific answers (like maybe someone from your home country knows a way to get the birth cert faster)

ALSO, sending your passport "in it's place" doesn't really do anything unfortunately. Firstly you need to include the biographical page of your passport anyway, but your birth cert isn't just proving your citizenship, it's also proving who your parents are, confirming your place of birth, siblings names and probably a couple of other things I've forgotten :P

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hey,

I got two copies of my birth certificates back home before i started this whole process and it only took them a week. They record your request in a book and give you the date to come back on the receipt. (it was only taking a week then) your parents would be the best persons to go get it, they would know the church and time frame when u got baptisted....... they would be ask to fill out an application form then go pay $5 for to acct dept and give receipt back to the folks at the office...it's a real simply process dont sweat.

Your two options are to call the registra office to see what they say or call the B'dos consulate in Florida to see if they can apply for it on your behalf.

Please update ur timelime.

I wish more Barbadians would offer more support to each other on this site!!!! Come on folks strength is unity!!!!

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Charlotte NC

Date Filed : 2010-01-08

NOA Date : 2010-01-12

RFE(s) : 26/01/10 (received in mail on 4th Feb 2010)

Bio. Appt. : 04/02/10 (Notice date 01/14/10 received in the mail 01/28/10)

RFE reply sent: 11/02/10 (USCIS confirmed receipt 16/02/10)

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2010/04/13

Approval date: 2010/04/13

Got I551 Stamp : no (Was given an approval letter)

Greencard Received:2010/04/22

Comments :Must file for ROC 2012/01/13

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2010-01-08

NOA Date : 2010-01-12

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 02/04/10

Approved Date : 03/09/10

Date Card Received :03/17/09

Advance Parole

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : Jan. 8, 2010

NOA Date : Jan. 12, 2010

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 03/09/10

Date Received :03/15/10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.