CarolineM

I never post anything political - but I liked this

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

WHY WAIT UNTIL 2008? THERE IS AN ELECTION IN 2006. I HEREWITH FIRMLY STATE THAT I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ISSUES, IF HE or SHE DOES NOT SPONSOR AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING LEGISLATION. THAT INCLUDES EVERYONE STANDING FOR ELECTION IN 2006.

LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON "PEOPLE POWER" A ND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE W ITH ME ON THIS BY FORWARDING TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT !

KEEP IT GOING!!!!

2008 Election Issue !!

GET A BILL STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOC. SEC.

This must be an issue in "2008" Please! Keep it going.

----------------------------------

SOCIAL SECURITY:

(This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.

Our Senators and Congresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society . They felt the should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their " own" benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.

Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000.00 during the last years of their lives.

This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries Who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00 . NADA...ZILCH....

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan . The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

" OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK "!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer)- we can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal "Senator" Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

That change would be to:

Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us

then sit back.....

and see how fast they would fix it!

If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.

How many people CAN you send this to?

Better yet..

How many people WILL you send this to ?

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Well I agree with you that this is not right!

Whether or not you think elected officials deserve all the money they make and the perks they get, it just isn't right that we use one system thats dying and they get a special retirement fund that they don't even have to pay into! I feel lucky as a teacher that I don't have to rely on SS, but I do pay into a retirement plan!! They get so many perks now, I think they should be all set with finding ways to save for retirement now if they so chose.

I NEVER send along those kind of things, but I'll send this one. If the little people use the SS system, why shouldn't they!?

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: Timeline

You should check your facts before posting something.

http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/handbook/handbo...dbook-0940.html

940.2 Which services are covered by Social Security for civilian workers?

The following civilian positions are covered by Social Security:

D. Members of Congress, including Delegates and Resident Commissioners of or to the Congress;

E. The President, the Vice President, and most executive-level political appointees. Generally, this includes positions as Cabinet heads, sub-cabinet members, independent agency top staff, commission members, and political appointees designated by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate; and

F. Federal judges, magistrates, bankruptcy judges, and referees in bankruptcy.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I was about to start forwarding the e-mail to everyone, too. If it's true, it's so unfair! But I went and looked it up. I love snopes.com! I've started checking out all of the forwarded e-mails I get there.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/pensions.asp

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!