Starlight95

2nd 221g for wedding preparations from petitioner

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Ya know, I am stumped. The things they've asked for are easy to obtain in the USA.

Yet you want to moan about doing it.

IMO - get what they want, give them what they want.

Go Forth !!

Yes, I do agree it is easy to obtain. I have the reciepts now. It's just that the consulate has done this to us before. We just want to be cautious. I never thought we would get a 2nd 221g and I have never heard of a 221g for such thing as this.

Star

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Starlight,

Congratulations on being approved!!!!! Sorry for the second 221g. What is up with these consulates???? Im so sick of them. Please give them what they want so your SO can obtain his visa. Good grief :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Nwanyioma

Yes, we are sending them what they want. My fiance will be recieving it by Monday. Thank you!

Timeline
Hi Star. This is ridiculous. I can't believe it! :angry: Doesn't make sense at all. :angry:

I agree with DanielParul. Call them. Let's hope and pray for positive outcome. Prayers with u.

http://www.dhs.gov/xutil/contactus.shtm

In the mean time, don't pay for anything yet, just prepare for it I would say, like where you want the wedding ceremony and stuff.

:thumbs: Lots of Luck to u both. :thumbs:

Thank you inzango! I do hope this is the very last thing. I will call DHS on Tuesday just so they know about this.

Timeline

I called USCIS today just to get their input, the operator was nice. But, said they can not do anything since its at DOS. I am going to try again tomorrow and talk to somebody else. My fiance still has not recieved his passport back. Last time we talked to them they told him his AP is over, but now its just the waiting for him to get the passport. He submitted his passport two days back. Everytime we get so close, and then something happened. God knows if this time he actually will get the visa. When he went to VFS they said they if can come back the next day and they may have it. But, we checked their website and the passport has not been recieved from the consulate yet. Please cross your fingers and pray that he will get the visa now, and we can move on and focus on other wonderful things rather then this painful process. Thank you all of your support and advice. It means a lot to me.

Star

I called USCIS today just to get their input, the operator was nice. But, said they can not do anything since its at DOS. I am going to try again tomorrow and talk to somebody else. My fiance still has not recieved his passport back. Last time we talked to them they told him his AP is over, but now its just the waiting for him to get the passport. He submitted his passport two days back. Everytime we get so close, and then something happened. God knows if this time he actually will get the visa. When he went to VFS they said they if can come back the next day and they may have it. But, we checked their website and the passport has not been recieved from the consulate yet. Please cross your fingers and pray that he will get the visa now, and we can move on and focus on other wonderful things rather then this painful process. Thank you all of your support and advice. It means a lot to me.

Star

What does DOS have to say?

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm keeping you in my prayers, Star. Have you called DOS yet?

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

Hi there Snowbunnies & Sachinsky,

Today I got word from DOS that the consulate just updated that they got confirmation now of our wedding plans. I asked the lady how long till they issue the visa now, and she was not able to tell me as how long it takes. The good news is that they got confirmation, but I don't know how long it will take them to issue the visa. I hope its not very long now.

The consulate also responded to by email and informed me that as soon as they issue the visa they will send it to VFS and then VFS will courier it to my fiance. That was nice information, that I already knew :). I just wanted word as how long is it going to take. We are planning to have our wedding at end of April I am hoping he gets the visa before then. Thanks for all your prayers and support it means a lot to us.

Star

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

It's coming soon, Star. Keep the faith, dear!

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i believe you will have your april wedding :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

star......soon we will be seeing big fonts HE GOT IT From you :thumbs:

K i cant even imagine the excitement your feeling right now its about time that man of yours got home.....pics we want pics when he gets here lol

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

K i cant even imagine the excitement your feeling right now its about time that man of yours got home.....pics we want pics when he gets here lol

sara

hey sara :) yes, i am beyond excited. the apartment is clean so now just waiting for tuesday. will definitely post pics :dance:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

sara

Thank you Sara! I called DOS again today, and they told me that they still have not finished the administrative processing yet. Now what kind of processing are they doing. They said yes they got the wedding planning confirmation, but have not finished the administrative processing. :angry:

hey sara :) yes, i am beyond excited. the apartment is clean so now just waiting for tuesday. will definitely post pics :dance:

I am looking forward to seeing the pics. I am sure the feeling is great to have him there with you soon!

On Monday there is another indian holiday. So the consulate will be closed. :(

i believe you will have your april wedding :thumbs:

I hope so K. The run around they are giving us could drive anyone insane. But, I admire your patience and I am looking forward to sharing some good news with all of you.

Timeline

Guys sorry for the ranting, but now I am losing faith in their intentions. :crying:

I should be excited about my wedding, but now I feel like I am walking on egg shells. I submitted the contract with the hotel where are wedding is going to be held with a receipt and copy of the check for the deposit that I put down. In addition to that I also applied for the marriage license application, and its valid for 15 days. But, if we do not appear together I just have reapply. That is not a problem.

They told him his AP was over and he is legally able to come now. But, now more AP. I don't understand. :angry::angry::angry:

I have spoken to so many DOS reps and most of them told me that it looks good, and there is nothing they need now. Also, informed me that the fact they ask for his passport is a good sign.

Usually, when the passport is submitted once AP is over, VFS gets it back in 3 to 4 days. What I don't understand is what they are doing now? I mean if they want to call the vendors here and confirm they are more then willing to do that.

Star

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

For now, be thankful it's not NEW AP.

It's the SAME AP.

prolonged, but still 'the same batch' - tied to current RFE.

IMO - you are lucky.

It could be something else, and it's NOT !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.