Sign in to follow this  
MrMrsKnight

Kinda annoyed right now.... needed to share with one of "us" :)

28 posts in this topic

So Dave and I were having fun chatting online.... just having fun and talking to other people about music and stuff. This guy sent me a private message and we started talking... for some reason some of the things he said to me annoyed me. I don't even know why.... but I think it's because I hate people that judge when they have NO IDEA!!!! I felt bad because it showed me how some people think of us and our LDRs and don't take us seriously. Just wanted to share and let it out.

ParaTrooper : so anyway, I am very curious about your situation

ParaTrooper : you are in the states...right

marcelamarcela : my situation?

ParaTrooper : well, how did you meet?

marcelamarcela : no i'm in Brazil rigth now...... waiting for my visa

ParaTrooper : you are the brazilian?

marcelamarcela : yeah I'm brazilian and he's american....

ParaTrooper : OH...I see

ParaTrooper : lol...sorry...don't know why I thought it was the other way around

marcelamarcela : hehe thanks I guess.... it means my english is not bad

ParaTrooper : I have so many questions to ask you!

marcelamarcela : well ask away

ParaTrooper : hang on...I will be right back

marcelamarcela : sure!

ParaTrooper : I'm back... sorry to say this but if I were your fiance I would find a way to get you here faster...

marcelamarcela : hehe well he lived here with me for 2 years.... but while our visa process is going on he has to be in the US

marcelamarcela : it sucks but it's the only way.....

ParaTrooper : are you absolutly SURE he is onest with you about all this...I'm sorry, but it would drive me crazy being apart

ParaTrooper : honest

marcelamarcela : what do you mean? about what?

ParaTrooper : its hard to put into wrds

ParaTrooper : words

marcelamarcela : hehe try

ParaTrooper : but ....just the whole...being apart thing...and how long has it been? are you sure he isn't "out" with other women?

marcelamarcela : lol....... yeah I am sure..... that's not a very nice question to ask someone you just met is it?

marcelamarcela : but thanks for your concern though

ParaTrooper : its just that you hear of these things ALL the time

ParaTrooper : lol...it's not just that

marcelamarcela : yeah I know..... but since I'm in a relationship like this I end up knowing people that go through the same

marcelamarcela : noone understand until they live it

ParaTrooper : I mean, I don't even Know you two, so I am talking out of place probibly

marcelamarcela : yep

ParaTrooper : and yes...I have had a LONG distance relationship before

marcelamarcela : probably not a real relationship since you're kinda saying it's impossible not to cheat

marcelamarcela : well.... we've been togetherfor 3 years and lived together for 2...... all we do in our lives is to do things for each other... i'm not worried

marcelamarcela : and also there's love and trust..... gotta have that

ParaTrooper : ah...that is so awesome!

ParaTrooper : I am glad you have a good relationship!

marcelamarcela : I know more than 500 people that are in the same situation...... so that's not even a question to me anymore....

marcelamarcela : nd thank you

ParaTrooper : OMG...500!!!

marcelamarcela : yeah

ParaTrooper : is there a lot of women there who marry Americans?

marcelamarcela : go to www.visajourney.com/forums and take a look.... you'll be amazed. lol

not women...... people..... men too

ParaTrooper : err...NO to the men...thanks!

marcelamarcela : lol

ParaTrooper : so,tell me, are the women there trying to meet an American, so they can move to the states?

marcelamarcela : no.... they are not trying to meet an american.... those are couples that met and got married or engaged and have to get a visa to be together

ParaTrooper : ah

marcelamarcela : it's not a meeting place.....

ParaTrooper : I am chatting to your fiance too

ParaTrooper : yes, maybe not, but it happens...there are even vacations you can take for just that!

marcelamarcela : yeah..... but when you go get a visa you have to prove a lot of stuff.... one of the things you have to prove is that you did not meet for that reason and you have to prove your relationship is real...... so good luck to them.... lol

ParaTrooper : lol

ParaTrooper : just checking to see if there is a catlouge full of hispanic hot women I can meet...lol

marcelamarcela : LOL...... i'm sorry if you think the only way they'd be with you would be for a visa.

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

What an a$$. I hate people like that, unfortunately there's alot of them around. Well done for standing your ground.

Alot of people are so naive to our situations and see the minorities of mail order/GC seekers as the way all relationships are.

Don't let him get to you, a catalogue is probably the only way he could meet someone!

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Maybe because I'm a guy, but I got the vibe that he was trying to get inside your head, since he can't get inside your pants. Sorry, that's just my gut feeling reading it. For example, when he said that if he were your fiance, he'd get you here a lot faster. As if your fiance isn't doing you good. I don't mean to sound cynical, but in my opinion, many guys are on a conquest (or they think that in their head - it's an ego thing) when they talk to women they've just met - whether it's virtual or in person. I think he was caught off guard by your answers because he already had someone else in his mind. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Maybe because I'm a guy, but I got the vibe that he was trying to get inside your head, since he can't get inside your pants. Sorry, that's just my gut feeling reading it. For example, when he said that if he were your fiance, he'd get you here a lot faster. As if your fiance isn't doing you good. I don't mean to sound cynical, but in my opinion, many guys are on a conquest (or they think that in their head - it's an ego thing) when they talk to women they've just met - whether it's virtual or in person. I think he was caught off guard by your answers because he already had someone else in his mind. Just my 2 cents.

No need to say you're sorry. :no:

I'm not paranoid thinking everyone wants to hurt my feelings and be mean.... hehe... this wasn't a "help me" thread... but a "look at this" thread.

I guess it is something people will never understand until they live it. I've heard things like"why didn't you marry him in Brazil and went to the US with him? The visa would be automatic that way....." or "get a tourist visa..." or even "it's impossible you really believe he won't have sex this whole time you're apart..."

This time I just decided to share because I thought it was ironic how that guy thought this forum was a "catalogue" and that is the last thing we are. :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Meu, o que que vocês fazem acordados, Am I getting old????

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Some people are ignorant to all of this.

Do not feel it is a good idea giving out VJ's addy, sure it is easily found through a google search, but this draws attention to the site from idiots we don't really need here. Just thinking of the "do not talk about incident", that recently happened bringing unwelcomed guests to the site.

B

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Do not feel it is a good idea giving out VJ's addy, sure it is easily found through a google search, but this draws attention to the site from idiots we don't really need here. Just thinking of the "do not talk about incident", that recently happened bringing unwelcomed guests to the site.

B

:blink: i always miss all the excitement.

oh, and to the original poster...

i liked your reply to that guy, that it was sad that he thinks the only reason someone would be with him is for a visa. :lol:

i used a variation on that theme when i was asked (by at least a million people) "are you sure he doesn't just want a greencard?" my standard answer became, "well, yes. actually, i'm sure that the thought of anyone being with me is sooo repulsive that the only way they'd marry me is if they could get a green card."

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

####### like this are just one more thing we all have to put up with. I mean Stewart is Australian and I STILL had ppl saying he was only marrying me to come to America...so I can't even imagine what some of ya'll go through.

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Right, maybe I had too many biotch flakes this am, but here goes:

WHY DOES THIS SUPRISE ANY OF YOU? :blink: Aren't MOST ppl that we know (who aren't in dual country LDRs) ignorant to what happens? And we have people even right here who imply that some are getting married for only the visas, so why it's suprising that an 'Imigration challenged' person says it, is beyond me.

Come on now, consider the source!

B

ITA :yes::thumbs:

'Imigration challenged'

:lol:

And no... it doesn't surprise me. Things that don't surprise you can still annoy you, right? And actually I don't let it get to me that much but I wanted to see what other questions people here are asked...

At least this is a place everyone understands our situation and it's the best place to let it out....

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

'Imigration challenged'

:lol:

And no... it doesn't surprise me. Things that don't surprise you can still annoy you, right? And actually I don't let it get to me that much but I wanted to see what other questions people here are asked...

At least this is a place everyone understands our situation and it's the best place to let it out....

See, it doesn't suprise me in the least, and general ignorance doesn't piss me off either (usually)...man, if it did, I think I'd have an ulcer by now :lol:

Seriously tho, consider the source...do you think you're going to get all hearts and flowers and complete understanding from some random guy on the internet who's chatting to both sides of an engaged couple while passive-aggressively bashing the man to the woman? Just seems weird to me..

Don't ever give people more credit than they deserve, or give ridiculous opinions any creedance at all & you'll be much less annoyed with random ppl. Now if your friends/family did it, sure...that's something to get annoyed by! But who's this cat? He's a nobody, that's who. So his opinion & ignorance shouldn't matter.

The world is filled with stupid and judgemental ppl :)

See, it doesn't suprise me in the least, and general ignorance doesn't piss me off either (usually)...man, if it did, I think I'd have an ulcer by now :lol:

Seriously tho, consider the source...do you think you're going to get all hearts and flowers and complete understanding from some random guy on the internet who's chatting to both sides of an engaged couple while passive-aggressively bashing the man to the woman? Just seems weird to me..

Don't ever give people more credit than they deserve, or give ridiculous opinions any creedance at all & you'll be much less annoyed with random ppl. Now if your friends/family did it, sure...that's something to get annoyed by! But who's this cat? He's a nobody, that's who. So his opinion & ignorance shouldn't matter.

I know Lisa :yes: I agree with you!

I actually posted this after I read a thread about cheating in the Polls area too.... I thought I'd show how some people have no faith in LDRs and how some call us crazy for trusting :star:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Lisa, it's another :thumbs: moment from me. Cherish these rare occasions. :lol: