powerlord86

Can we use documents from Embassy interview with the AOS? Do

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi!

I am curious if I you get your documents back that you submit to the embassy, after the interview is completed? Can I request to get it if I want to?

Like...do I have to get all the financial information over again? Like the letter from my employer?

I am curious about these repeat requirements for the K1 and AOS.

Currently my fiance and are waiting for an interview at the Buenos Aires embassy. Does anyone know how long that takes, generally?

Thank you guys...I love you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No you don't. Only original documents like birth certificates, marriage certificates etc are returned.

The majority of things that are repeated, say the G325A needs to be completed again because marital status has changed, addresses have changed and if you were working before your left your home country, your work history has changed. A letter from work would need to be resubmitted because there could be an extensive time difference between that letter and the next. K1 visas have a 6 month validity, if you wait till the last day to use it, and file AOS after 3 months of being in the US that's a NINE month difference. So they need a new letter to prove things haven't changed.

What repeat requirements are you referring to specifically?

In London it's common practice to take a photocopy of anything you want back. They verify the original (ie employer letter, bank statement, police certificate) and then take your photocopy for the file. Or just turn in the photocopies and if they ask for original, you've got it. Each embassy will have their own local practices, so until you try it at yours, you don't know if photocopies are ok with them.

I did indeed use the same financial proof documents for K1 and AOS.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.