love is great

Majic Jack

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have had a Majic Jack in Morocco for several months. First of year, stopped working. Anyone else had this problem. We think Morocco is blocking this. I can still call it and leave a message but wont call out. Just wondering if anyone having this problem in Morocco. Morocco Telecom said they were not blocking and had no right to block, but after testing it at several computers and a couple of other people saying the same.....well.....it seems to be blocked.

Any thoughts on this...

Thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We have had a Majic Jack in Morocco for several months. First of year, stopped working. Anyone else had this problem. We think Morocco is blocking this. I can still call it and leave a message but wont call out. Just wondering if anyone having this problem in Morocco. Morocco Telecom said they were not blocking and had no right to block, but after testing it at several computers and a couple of other people saying the same.....well.....it seems to be blocked.

Any thoughts on this...

Thanks

My only thought is if that is true, it seriously sucks because I bought one of those things for the soul purpose of using it in Morocco.. It could be that MagicJack themselves finally caught on to the loophole.. maybe you should post this question in off topic to see if it's happening in other countries too :crying:

My only thought is if that is true, it seriously sucks because I bought one of those things for the soul purpose of using it in Morocco.. It could be that MagicJack themselves finally caught on to the loophole.. maybe you should post this question in off topic to see if it's happening in other countries too :crying:

You mean the loophole of deceiving magic jack by inputting a local US number and using that one in Morocco? More than just a loophole, it is fraud and deception. Maybe cheaters will get HUGE bill from magic jack for all the past free minutes....Good luck with it.

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi,

We had a problem after reformatting the computer - Magic Jack would hang saying it was updating. It wasn't able to access the internet - I think something to do with Menara.

This is what I did and it works again:

Go to http://www.magicjack.com/5/fixes.asp

Click on "click here for fix" and run program.

That was it. But if your problem is different, don't do this because they have a warning for the download saying it can damage your software install if you aren't experiencing a specific problem....

Anyway, ours is back to normal. Good luck.

Timeline
Hi,

We had a problem after reformatting the computer - Magic Jack would hang saying it was updating. It wasn't able to access the internet - I think something to do with Menara.

This is what I did and it works again:

Go to http://www.magicjack.com/5/fixes.asp

Click on "click here for fix" and run program.

That was it. But if your problem is different, don't do this because they have a warning for the download saying it can damage your software install if you aren't experiencing a specific problem....

Anyway, ours is back to normal. Good luck.

Thanks, did that, didnt fix problem.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
You mean the loophole of deceiving magic jack by inputting a local US number and using that one in Morocco? More than just a loophole, it is fraud and deception. Maybe cheaters will get HUGE bill from magic jack for all the past free minutes....Good luck with it.

Who wouldnt get through a loophole to be able to call internationally at a cheaper price? No huge bills whatsoever. My dad is in Egypt right now and has Magic Jack to call my mom daily and it has saved them so much money and enabled them to stay in touch more often.

My dad called us earlier today from Magic Jack so I dont think the problem is in all countries. Sometimes if the internet connection is weak it can cause it to not work. Have you tried to go to the Magic Jack website and troubleshoot it? Hope you get it up and running again very soon.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Timeline
Who wouldnt get through a loophole to be able to call internationally at a cheaper price? No huge bills whatsoever. My dad is in Egypt right now and has Magic Jack to call my mom daily and it has saved them so much money and enabled them to stay in touch more often.

My dad called us earlier today from Magic Jack so I dont think the problem is in all countries. Sometimes if the internet connection is weak it can cause it to not work. Have you tried to go to the Magic Jack website and troubleshoot it? Hope you get it up and running again very soon.

Thanks for your opinion, I fully agree with you.

Yes the websiet has you do a couple of differnt things but it hasnt worked. And

there isnt a PHONE number to call them (go figure)LOL

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Fraud? For what?

What loophole? Magic Jack doesn't give a ratz azz where the IP is.... Magic Jack is no different than any other VOIP service. Just that there device is USB while others that sit on a router.

From Magic Jack FAQ's

magicJack is ideal for travel.

magicJack is a portable device and fits conveniently in your pocket, purse or briefcase.

With access to a computer and high speed Internet service, you will experience the same great savings around the world.

http://www.magicjack.com/6/faq/

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

they know people use them overseas. if you talk to their online chat they tell you it works overseas but u have to have a good fast internet there.

we only had good luck using it in syria when he had a 3g connection which are still expensive. the regular internet sucks with them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Fraud? For what?

What loophole? Magic Jack doesn't give a ratz azz where the IP is.... Magic Jack is no different than any other VOIP service. Just that there device is USB while others that sit on a router.

From Magic Jack FAQ's

magicJack is ideal for travel.

magicJack is a portable device and fits conveniently in your pocket, purse or briefcase.

With access to a computer and high speed Internet service, you will experience the same great savings around the world.

http://www.magicjack.com/6/faq/

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Rather you agree with what MJ does and offers or not.....

It is a service offered like any other service.

Still need any help with the problem of it not working!!!!!

It will not work if you have maroc telecom internet . I have familly member works with Maroc Telcom and says that they blocked it.

If you have Meditel Or Wanna it will works fine.

And i heard there is a program u install it in your computer and it will work with Maroc Telcom.

When i will get that program i will post it

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.

February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.

February 10, 2010 NOA.

February 17, 2010 RFE Email.

February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.

March 03, 2010 Biometric done.

March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

March 23, 2010 Email ( case transferred to local office for interview.

March 25, 2010 Interview Letter Arrived.

April 29, 2010 Interview (Rescheduled)

May 24, 2010 Interview (Passed)

June 17, 2010 Oath Letter Received

July 14, 2010 Oath Date ...........

July 14, 2010 DONE

Timeline

258Troll_spray.jpg

No trolling intended, and its rude of you to imply this.

Just pointing out that people deceive magic jack by inputting local US phone numbers, then use MJ to make international calls for free. A poster in the first few messages was implying that MJ may be catching onto this and thus closing this loophole

Now here is some spray for you :whistle:

733f3a3e4a4d3dd2a04eeeff1b458dcb.gif

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Timeline
No trolling intended, and its rude of you to imply this.

Just pointing out that people deceive magic jack by inputting local US phone numbers, then use MJ to make international calls for free. A poster in the first few messages was implying that MJ may be catching onto this and thus closing this loophole

Now here is some spray for you :whistle:

733f3a3e4a4d3dd2a04eeeff1b458dcb.gif

Indeed, it was ME who posted that Magic Jack might be catching on to the loophole. You called people fraudulent, and implied that you hope those who use the device for international calls get caught, and "will get HUGE bill from magic jack for all the past free minutes"

Wiki Entry for Troll (Internet): In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I looked through all of Magic Jack's online legal and usage documentation. No where does it forbid the use of Magic Jack overseas.. so it's not fraudulent, and no one is ripping them off.. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.