elmcitymaven

UK DCF -- the ins and outs and ups and downs

309 posts in this topic

Congratulations my friends!!

It looks like we are at the same stage now! Is Mr jhphi all set for his medical? I have an appointment with my local GP the day before my medical, I'm going to ask the nurse to administer the Tetanus and MMR jabs before I go to the US Medical Center the following day to save money...

Also - with the medical questionnaire, it asks if you have ever been hospitalised? I presume that is for absolutely anything?!? Any ideas??

You can fill the questions out at the medical, no need to do it ahead of time. Hospitalised is hospitalised so yes anything.

Yep, that's all it is. Bruce (my husband) put down his one hospitalisation as a kid for a minor operation and they asked one question about it.

Also remember guys -- it's not just tetanus you need. You need the Tdap shot.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Hi again.

I-130 is about to go, everything fine however... which address have people used. The embassy site shows two, can I use either? was planning to use royal mail recorded or special delivery.

(1) Mailing Address - From OUTSIDE the United States

USCIS Field Office

American Embassy (DHS/USCIS)

Post Office Box 2444

London W1A 5WT

(2) Physical Address for Express Delivery

USCIS Field Office

24 Grosvenor Square

London W1A 1AE

Hi again.

I-130 is about to go, everything fine however... which address have people used. The embassy site shows two, can I use either? was planning to use royal mail recorded or special delivery.

I just sent regular first class mail, to the box address listed on the website, and I got my (emailed) NOA1 three days later. I would think that since both are listed on the website as current addresses that can be used, you could use either, depending on if you feel you need to mail using a premium service. I guess they provide because many overnight couriers will not deliver to PO boxes. Did you remember to write your email address on the front of the I-130 at the bottom?

Edited by jhphi

I just sent regular first class mail, to the box address listed on the website, and I got my (emailed) NOA1 three days later. I would think that since both are listed on the website as current addresses that can be used, you could use either, depending on if you feel you need to mail using a premium service. I guess they provide because many overnight couriers will not deliver to PO boxes. Did you remember to write your email address on the front of the I-130 at the bottom?

Thanks for the response, that does make a lot of sense. Email address is listed.

Hi Everyone! We also just applied DFC in London yesterday for IR-1. Hopefully all gets processed quickly! Good luck to everyone!

Welcome to the club, Englese! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress and any successes along the way!

Hey there! I have a random question I was wondering about. When your application is initially being processed at what point do they charge your bank/card the application fee? Is it before the NOA1 or NOA2 when they are actually processing it? The reason I'm asking is because we just sent our I-130 in this week and I got a call from my bank today telling me they denied the consulates request for payment because they thought it was a fraudulent charge. I have no idea what happens now. I was able to call the information line and get a code to email the consulate so I did that in hopes that they receive the email and try again. Ugh. Hope everyone elses applications are starting out better than mine! :)

Hey there! I have a random question I was wondering about. When your application is initially being processed at what point do they charge your bank/card the application fee? Is it before the NOA1 or NOA2 when they are actually processing it? The reason I'm asking is because we just sent our I-130 in this week and I got a call from my bank today telling me they denied the consulates request for payment because they thought it was a fraudulent charge. I have no idea what happens now. I was able to call the information line and get a code to email the consulate so I did that in hopes that they receive the email and try again. Ugh. Hope everyone elses applications are starting out better than mine! :)

Ugh, why would your bank do that? They took my payment right away-- on the same day I received the NOA1 by email (three days after mailing the I-130). I'm sure they'll get back to you quickly, it's not going to hold you up too long. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.