elmcitymaven

UK DCF -- the ins and outs and ups and downs

309 posts in this topic

Congratulations, nc73! That's so exciting! I know for certain that I will cry once my husband's approval is through (and I bet he will too)-- it will be such a happy feeling of relief. Safe travels to the US!

Congratulations, nc73! That's so exciting! I know for certain that I will cry once my husband's approval is through (and I bet he will too)-- it will be such a happy feeling of relief. Safe travels to the US!

Congrats nc73. have safe journey next week.

Could someone please tell me if I should have I-864 and I-864A notarized? I am waiting for packet 4 and do not want any hitches at the last minute.

Edited by Taavy

Congrats nc73. have safe journey next week.

Could someone please tell me if I should have I-864 and I-864A notarized? I am waiting for packet 4 and do not want any hitches at the last minute.

thanks! No they do not need to be notarized.

Congrats Nc73

In answer to Englese, I've heard nothing from them by email or letter but they did take payment the day after I sent the form. Guessing the first thing they do is open it and take payment then pass it onto someone who does the NOA1.

I'm sure there are better places to ask but has anyone seen an updated version of the poverty guidelines the most recent I can find is 13 Feb 2009.

I'm sure there are better places to ask but has anyone seen an updated version of the poverty guidelines the most recent I can find is 13 Feb 2009.

They haven't been released yet, but should be any day now (or so the buzz on VJ goes). :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

They haven't been released yet, but should be any day now (or so the buzz on VJ goes). :)

Ah thanks.

I'm looking at getting things ready for the next set of forms, we have a co sponsor who is living in the US. We won't be living with the co sponsor and I'm not sure what that does to our household size. The situation is, there are two of us, we will be initially living with a friend of my wife who isn't co sponsoring us and we have a co sponsor that lives elsewhere.

Is our household size, 2 me and wife, 3 me wife and co sponsor, 3 me wife and flat mate or 4 all of the above.

Ah thanks.

I'm looking at getting things ready for the next set of forms, we have a co sponsor who is living in the US. We won't be living with the co sponsor and I'm not sure what that does to our household size. The situation is, there are two of us, we will be initially living with a friend of my wife who isn't co sponsoring us and we have a co sponsor that lives elsewhere.

Is our household size, 2 me and wife, 3 me wife and co sponsor, 3 me wife and flat mate or 4 all of the above.

It would go like this in terms of household size:

• On your I-864 (your wife (she's the USC, right?) is the primary sponsor), your household size is 2 -- you and her.
  • On your joint sponsor's I-864, the household size would be you plus the joint sponsor plus any spouses/other dependents living with him. So if the joint sponsor was single (doesn't even have to live alone, just single) the household size is 2. If the joint sponsor has a wife, it would be 3 (sponsor+wife+you). If he had a wife and two kids and his aged grandfather lived with him and was claimed on his taxes as a dependent, the size would be 5.

Does that sort of make sense? It has more to do with who is claimed as part of your household for tax purposes than who is actually living under your roof. For example, unless you and your wife can be counted for tax purposes as dependents of your flatmate-to-be (and you almost certainly can't), he won't be part of your household.

Oh dear, I hope I didn't make it even more confusing!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

We got our NOA2 - it was quick, just 10 days after we sent in our sworn statements. I've seen different things with respect to how long packet 3 takes to arrive, but generally it's only a couple of weeks?

We got our NOA2 - it was quick, just 10 days after we sent in our sworn statements. I've seen different things with respect to how long packet 3 takes to arrive, but generally it's only a couple of weeks?

Hi Reow-- congrats on the NOA2! Very exciting!! Our I-130 approval date was Feb 12th, and we got Packet 3 in the mail on Feb 19th-- hopefully that step will be as speedy for you as it was for us. We called on the 19th to book the medical, and were given the first available date of March 4th.

Do you have the form and checklist ready to go, so you can turn it around quickly?

Congrats Nc73

In answer to Englese, I've heard nothing from them by email or letter but they did take payment the day after I sent the form. Guessing the first thing they do is open it and take payment then pass it onto someone who does the NOA1.

Thanks Matt! The email I sent asking to reprocess our payment actually went through and I got a response! So hopefully they give it another shot soon. :) I'm hoping we hear back with a NOA1 this week. It's only been a week since we filed our application but I'm getting antsy already. :)

Has anyone else filed their I-130 recently and heard back anything?

Hi Reow-- congrats on the NOA2! Very exciting!! Our I-130 approval date was Feb 12th, and we got Packet 3 in the mail on Feb 19th-- hopefully that step will be as speedy for you as it was for us. We called on the 19th to book the medical, and were given the first available date of March 4th.

Do you have the form and checklist ready to go, so you can turn it around quickly?

Thanks, jhphi! Fingers crossed it all goes quickly from here.

We are still waiting on the police certs but otherwise things are good to go. My understanding is that all the stuff (DS-230 and DS1000) goes back together?

Thanks, jhphi! Fingers crossed it all goes quickly from here.

We are still waiting on the police certs but otherwise things are good to go. My understanding is that all the stuff (DS-230 and DS1000) goes back together?

I sent the DS-230 and 2001 back together, but you don't technically have to. But I just think they don't schedule the interview until after you return the checklist, so they know you're ready.

Filed: Timeline

hiya - I am relatively new here -

We are filing DCF through london for my English spouse. I am the american half. We want to move the last week of May.

I sent in our DS2001 checklist first week of February. I have looked at other peoples timelines and it appears to be the case it takes about a month to get the interview letter back - so hopefully any day now? I have also heard it is taking longer recently (that they are behind) and others getting interviews in July?

This is rather troubling and stressful. Any others that sent in their checklist around the same time as us that could let me know how long it took for them? :)

Many thanks :)

Thanks Matt! The email I sent asking to reprocess our payment actually went through and I got a response! So hopefully they give it another shot soon. :) I'm hoping we hear back with a NOA1 this week. It's only been a week since we filed our application but I'm getting antsy already. :)

Has anyone else filed their I-130 recently and heard back anything?

Email confirmation was sent to us on 1 March confirming they received it February 24th. THey took the payment on Friday though.

On a seperate note is there a general issue with police certificates being delayed (I haven't applied yet) or is it normally a long wait? Should I apply now, I guess they don't need specifics from the next part of the process?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.