elmcitymaven

UK DCF -- the ins and outs and ups and downs

309 posts in this topic

I've been thinking... there seem to be more UK DCF people than there used to be a few years ago. Seeing as our fellow Anglophone DCF folks from Canada and Australia have their own threads to commiserate, pass on knowledge and hang out, why don't we start our own? :) We filed three years ago -- !!! -- but I'm still in this forum all the time to help out, since there were some wonderful people to help me then.

So... let's get the ball rolling! And just maybe, given enough interest, we can get this pinned in time.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Hi elmcitymaven!

I'm having fun so far navigating through the ins and outs of the UK DCF process. Here's a partial list, looking over the threads from recent weeks, of who is filing DCF in London now (or will be soon). Any updates from anyone? Problems/Successes to report?

Should anyone else be on the list?:

jhphi

Hokie97

nc73

casandra

Matt_UK

londonhornet

taavy

Mr.Man

scrosso (filing in springtime?)

I'll have a look... this looks pretty complete to me! :star:

I would have loved to have had some peeps to commiserate with when we filed in 2007. There were about four of us at the time doing DCF via London so it was a little lonely!

Hi elmcitymaven!

I'm having fun so far navigating through the ins and outs of the UK DCF process. Here's a partial list, looking over the threads from recent weeks, of who is filing DCF in London now (or will be soon). Any updates from anyone? Problems/Successes to report?

jhphi

Hokie97

nc73

casandra

Matt_UK

londonhornet

taavy

Mr.Man

Hi guys,

I have just received my approval notification. I am soo happy and preparing for the next steps. I will be asking a couple of questions as I go along, I will really appreciate your help guys.

Wondering if the rest of you have received NOA2 or packet 3?

That's great news, Taavy! Congratulations on getting your approval notification! Champagne all around! :)

I'm still waiting-- mine got held up because the RFE they sent got lost in the mail on Dec 22nd, and I didn't find out till last week, when I called the extortion line. So hopefully I'll be receiving my NOA2 by next week-- I hear they turn around the RFE's pretty quickly once they receive them back.

Are you still waiting on Packet 3? Do you have your DS-230 and checklist ready to go?

That's great news, Taavy! Congratulations on getting your approval notification! Champagne all around! :)

I'm still waiting-- mine got held up because the RFE they sent got lost in the mail on Dec 22nd, and I didn't find out till last week, when I called the extortion line. So hopefully I'll be receiving my NOA2 by next week-- I hear they turn around the RFE's pretty quickly once they receive them back.

Are you still waiting on Packet 3? Do you have your DS-230 and checklist ready to go?

jphi - you should hopefully receive NOA2 by the end of this week.

I am waiting for Packet 3. I have completed DS-230 still sorting out the 1-864 hope to have it ready by the time I receive Packet 3

Edited by Taavy

Hi there. Just recieved our NOA1 yesterday. Already dreading the possibility it contained an error! Does anyone have helpful info of typical gaps between NOA1 and NOA2 and then NOA2 and Interview (assuming you get the DS-230 etc back quickly)? I've also learned that my doctors have no vaccination records for me. I read the table and being over 30 I'm still not quite sure how many I gonna have to have! Any info helpful.

Steve (UKC) & Sonja (USC)

MARRIED August 2004

NOA1 8 Feb 2010

NOA2 8 Mar 2010

PACKET 3 17 Mar 2010

MEDICAL 30 Mar 2010

PACKET 4 15 Apr 2010

INTERVIEW 24 May 2010 - APPROVED!!

VISA RECEIVED 27 May 2010

---------------------

REMAINING TARGETS

ARRIVE USA 7 Jun 2010

Hi there. Just recieved our NOA1 yesterday. Already dreading the possibility it contained an error! Does anyone have helpful info of typical gaps between NOA1 and NOA2 and then NOA2 and Interview (assuming you get the DS-230 etc back quickly)?

Check out some timelines that have been filled out from DCF'ers who have filed through London here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...;op5=&cfl=0

(hope that link works-- if not, click on Immigration Timelines at the top of the page, then View IR1-CR1 Visas Advanced View on the left of the new page, then select for the UK and to show DCF only)

That will show you some history, and show you the general gaps between the different stages for those who have posted timelines on VJ.

I've also learned that my doctors have no vaccination records for me. I read the table and being over 30 I'm still not quite sure how many I gonna have to have! Any info helpful.

My husband is 40, and needed to have Tdap and MMR. He got them at his normal doctor's office, and will bring the vaccination certificate to his medical evaluation, once we book in our date.

Hi guys, I'm glad there is a good collection of people from various stages here, hopefully there won't be any commiserating though :thumbs:

I'm nervously collecting everything for the I-130 at the moment and filling in checklists for the rest of the process. This isn't really the calm before the storm but as close to as I can expect.

My last question is probably the most obvious to answer... but in the boxes that are marked "Applicant - Put your name and alien registration..." at the bottom of the G325a do I put

a) the beneficiary name or

b) the petitioner or

c) just the person who the form relates to.

d) none of the above.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
Hi elmcitymaven!

jhphi

Hokie97

nc73

casandra

Matt_UK

londonhornet

taavy

Mr.Man

We filed I-130 at DCF in London in Jan 14, 2010.

Hi sveta & jeff! So here's the updated list:

jhphi

Hokie97

nc73

casandra

Matt_UK

londonhornet

taavy

Mr.Man

sveta & jeff

My last question is probably the most obvious to answer... but in the boxes that are marked "Applicant - Put your name and alien registration..." at the bottom of the G325a do I put

b) the petitioner or

d) none of the above.

That's a really good question -- because technically you're petitioner and beneficiary, not applicants, at this stage of the game. Huh. Unless I'm wrong, I believe it is the person to whom the form relates. Anyone know any better here?

b) the petitioner or

d) none of the above.

I put C-- the person who the form relates to. So my form had my name on the bottom, and my husband's form had his.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.