elmcitymaven

UK DCF -- the ins and outs and ups and downs

309 posts in this topic

Hi guys! Liking the idea of getting all London DCF'ers together, nice plan!

I've just received notification by mail that our petition has been approved (28/01/2010). GOOD NEWS! (I presume this is the NOA 2??)

The letter tells me that I should be contacted by the US Consulate now with further instructions, although 2 weeks later haven't gotten anything else in the post... is this normal!?

Congrats! That is indeed your NOA2, and it is pretty normal not to have heard anything by now. You can start getting ready to submit your Packet 3 though -- all the forms are on the embassy website: London Packet 3 As long as you have your case number (starts with LND) you can fill these out and return them for processing. You will also be able to book your medical once you have your case number.

:star:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Hi all -

I've been reading for a few weeks, but just registered because we've filed our I-130 on December 31, 2009 (I'm the USC and my husband is from London). We had to send in additional sworn statements because we just got married in December, and that seems to be how it goes for recent marriages - so now we're waiting for a reply to that.

I've already started my job in the U.S. and I'm anxiously waiting for updates! (thanks to all of you for having this discussion - it helps to see what's going on!)

Just back from a weekend away in Scotland, and returned home to our NOA2 letter in our mailbox!!!! So excited to be approved! Now we'll just try to patiently wait for Packet 3 and our case number, so we can get the rest of the process moving-- we have everything filled out and gathered and ready to go, so we're just waiting for the starting gun to sound, I guess...

londonhornet: Can you keep us updated as to when you receive your Packet 3, so that those of us in the timeframe around you can get a general idea of what timing to expect? I am hoping to get our packet within two weeks, but know that might be being a little optimistic.

Reow: it didn't take them long to send the NOA2, once I returned the affidavits-- I sent them out on Feb 5th, and the approval date on our letter is Feb 12th. So hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your response!

Just back from a weekend away in Scotland, and returned home to our NOA2 letter in our mailbox!!!! So excited to be approved! Now we'll just try to patiently wait for Packet 3 and our case number, so we can get the rest of the process moving-- we have everything filled out and gathered and ready to go, so we're just waiting for the starting gun to sound, I guess...

londonhornet: Can you keep us updated as to when you receive your Packet 3, so that those of us in the timeframe around you can get a general idea of what timing to expect? I am hoping to get our packet within two weeks, but know that might be being a little optimistic.

Reow: it didn't take them long to send the NOA2, once I returned the affidavits-- I sent them out on Feb 5th, and the approval date on our letter is Feb 12th. So hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your response!

Hey buddy! Congrats!! Well I actually received my packet 3 the day I submitted the post!! So... it was about 10 days after the NOA2 letter. Not bad at all! I'm about to post something else with about a million questions for the next stage... keep your eyes on!! :D

Hey buddy! Congrats!! Well I actually received my packet 3 the day I submitted the post!! So... it was about 10 days after the NOA2 letter. Not bad at all! I'm about to post something else with about a million questions for the next stage... keep your eyes on!! :D

Thanks! We were so excited today when we opened the mailbox! We had all our bags from the holiday away and I'd pulled half our other mail out of our box-- when I saw the USCIS return address I dropped everything else on the floor immediately (blocking all access through the door to the building, of course! :) ) and opened it right away!

I've just added some answers to your other post, as far as I can understand the answers to be... but I'm sure other people will post as well, with some additional advice. So exciting that it was only about 10 days after the NOA2!

Hi sveta & jeff! So here's the updated list:

jhphi

Hokie97

nc73

casandra

Matt_UK

londonhornet

taavy

Mr.Man

scrosso (filing in springtime?)

sveta & jeff

Please add me too! NOA1 recieved 8 Feb...

I put C-- the person who the form relates to. So my form had my name on the bottom, and my husband's form had his.

So did I.

Steve (UKC) & Sonja (USC)

MARRIED August 2004

NOA1 8 Feb 2010

NOA2 8 Mar 2010

PACKET 3 17 Mar 2010

MEDICAL 30 Mar 2010

PACKET 4 15 Apr 2010

INTERVIEW 24 May 2010 - APPROVED!!

VISA RECEIVED 27 May 2010

---------------------

REMAINING TARGETS

ARRIVE USA 7 Jun 2010

Well everyone my wife's visa was approved today. She said some of the forms already had approved stamped on them.

Wasn't a hassle at all, just took several hours. We are moving march 5th.

Congratulations!!! Excellent news! Have fun packing up! :) Are you shipping many belongings, or what's your plan?

Congratulations!!! Excellent news! Have fun packing up! :) Are you shipping many belongings, or what's your plan?

Actually we don't own alot of things. The leather sofa set & bed goes to my sister in law. It was given to us by my mother in law. Everything else is thrown out or given away. Not enough valuables to ship. It wouldn't be worth it!

Actually we don't own alot of things. The leather sofa set & bed goes to my sister in law. It was given to us by my mother in law. Everything else is thrown out or given away. Not enough valuables to ship. It wouldn't be worth it!

That's good, then. Much simpler that way! I am shipping some work documents back to the US and got a quote from parcelmonkey.co.uk that seems very reasonable, so I might also use them for a few boxes of memory-type stuff (photos, etc.) that my husband wants to keep. Just something to keep in mind, if you happen to need to send a box or two.

Edited by jhphi

Thought I'd update this thread as well, since this is the "official" UK update thread. :)

We got our Packet 3 today-- only seven days after the date on our NOA2! Very exciting! The forms are in the mail as we speak, and my husband's medical is now booked for March 4th. It looks like we're well on track for our desired move date of early May.

Thought I'd update this thread as well, since this is the "official" UK update thread. :)

We got our Packet 3 today-- only seven days after the date on our NOA2! Very exciting! The forms are in the mail as we speak, and my husband's medical is now booked for March 4th. It looks like we're well on track for our desired move date of early May.

Congratulations my friends!!

It looks like we are at the same stage now! Is Mr jhphi all set for his medical? I have an appointment with my local GP the day before my medical, I'm going to ask the nurse to administer the Tetanus and MMR jabs before I go to the US Medical Center the following day to save money...

Also - with the medical questionnaire, it asks if you have ever been hospitalised? I presume that is for absolutely anything?!? Any ideas??

Congratulations my friends!!

It looks like we are at the same stage now! Is Mr jhphi all set for his medical? I have an appointment with my local GP the day before my medical, I'm going to ask the nurse to administer the Tetanus and MMR jabs before I go to the US Medical Center the following day to save money...

Also - with the medical questionnaire, it asks if you have ever been hospitalised? I presume that is for absolutely anything?!? Any ideas??

Thanks! :) You better watch out-- we're chasing you and coming up quick-- we may soon catch up with your timeline! haha :)

Yes, Mark's pretty much all set for his medical-- he got the two jabs at his local GP a couple of weeks ago, and has the little form to take with him. I think he just needs to tell the examiner at his appt that he'd had chickenpox as a kid, so they can check off that requirement. Good luck with your jabs-- I hope your arm doesn't get too sore!

I'll get him to fill out the form tonight, in preparation of his exam. I'm not exactly sure about the hospitalisation question-- I would think it would be to just notify them about any visits where you had to stay overnight for something serious. Like, they'd want to know if you'd been hospitalised for a week with a septic infection or meningitis, etc. (something that could affect your future health), but maybe wouldn't be interested if you just had to visit the hospital to have a sprained ankle evaluated. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I assume it's just so that the doctor can get a clear reading on your medical history, to see if he needs to further contact your GP, before giving you the stamp of approval. As with anything else along the immigration process, it doesn't hurt to give thorough information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.