Adam & May

February 2010 Filers - California Service Center

688 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hiiii our package was received for the embassy and package 3 will be sent to Spain within a week yaaaaaaaay.

A question if someone of you know. When i receive package3 how much time i have to put all the papers together?

Thank youuuuu and best of luck to all of you!

There is not really a time limit. You should see an Expiration date on your NOA 2 form which is four months after the date of approval. If you need to slow the process down like I do, then you can prepare the forms, send them off to your fiance(e) and just inform the Embassy/Consulate you need an extension of the NOA2 Expiration Date.

In most cases, people are very anxious and/or motivated to get there papers in but you should make sure you have all papers accounted for before requesting the interview appointment.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

It just seems the fabric of time is being folded like on of Oprah's towels (into 3rds instead of half to allow for less space in the closet).

"Oprah's towels" ? I think the loneliness is beginning to take its toll. :P

Naturalization N-400

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

There is not really a time limit. You should see an Expiration date on your NOA 2 form which is four months after the date of approval. If you need to slow the process down like I do, then you can prepare the forms, send them off to your fiance(e) and just inform the Embassy/Consulate you need an extension of the NOA2 Expiration Date.

In most cases, people are very anxious and/or motivated to get there papers in but you should make sure you have all papers accounted for before requesting the interview appointment.

Good luck.

Thank you for the information! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Oprah's towels" ? I think the loneliness is beginning to take its toll. :P

:rofl::rofl:

Let's see....30 days to interview. Approximately 80 days before May's arrival.

You could say it is taking its toll :blink::o

----------------K1 Journey---------------

02/01/2010 - Sent I-129F sent to CSC Express Mail

02/03/2010 - Date on NOA1

02/09/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy arrived in mail

03/18/2010 - NOA2 approval mailed by CSC (per USCIS.org)43 Days from NOA1

03/23/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received

06/18/2010 - Interview Passed PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!! PINK!!!!

07/02/2010 - Visa received!

07/03/2010 & 07/05/2010 - PRISM Seminar & CFO Sticker (We are all set

08/08/2010 - May's POE Detroit, MI USA

09/24/2010 - Received SSN Card

10/08/2010 - Wedding

----------------AOS Journey---------------

12/07/2010 - Submitted AOS/EAD Package

12/14/2010 - NOA1 Received

12/27/2010 - Biometrics Completed

01/20/2011 - AOS Transfered to CSC

01/26/2011 - AOS Received by CSC

02/16/2011 - EAD Approved

N/A - AOS Appointment

02/22/2011 - AOS Appproved

02/26/2011 - EAD Card Received

02/27/2011 - Green Card Received

01/19/2013 - Mailed I-751

##/##/2013 - NOA1 Received

##/##/2013 - BIometrics Appointment

##/##/2013 - Interview

##/##/2013 - 10 Year Green Card Issued

FV%20US%20-%20Reg.jpg

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Package 3 received today woo hoo

I called the embassy of USA in Madrid and the call is expensive enough but the woman told me all what it's not... I told her that i don't know if i had to send before the DS-230 I and DS-156 and DS-157 together and she told me that i had to send all the papers even the ones that i should present JUST in the interview and that says in the package that I DONT HAVE to send to that office. So thats the information just read and do whatever you think it says...great! thank you embassy in Madrid

God bless!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi everyone :)

I received Packet 3 today! Yay!!! :thumbs::dance:

On the downside, though, I'm still waiting on my police certificate even though I sent the application on April 20th before I flew to Phoenix. They received the application April 21st and cashed the check April 28th. I called today and they said they sent my certificate to me on May 7th - that's 2 weeks ago! Jeez... :unsure:

So the guy thinks it's probably lost in the mail, as do I, but it won't be officially classed as lost until next Friday - so if I don't receive it in the meantime I'll be calling again to have them re-send it. I thought I was being really organised applying for it before I went away but it seems as though it wouldn't have made much difference if I'd sent it after I got back! Oh well, I guess I'll get it soon one way or another.

I'm just really glad to have received Packet 3, it's a step in the right direction! :)

Do I have to wait until I get an interview date before I can schedule my medical, or can I do that while I'm waiting for an interview?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Emi :star:

Shawn is the Yank, Emi is the Brit.

Late 2000 - We met online

01/04/09 - We became a couple :)

02/27/09 - We met in person for the first time!

09/05/09 - Shawn proposed in London! :)

K-1 Visa Process:

02/05/10 - Petition mailed to CSC

03/31/10 - Petition approved!! Yay!! :)

06/15/10 - Medical in London

08/10/10 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!

09/03/10 - POE: Philadelphia

10/15/10 - Our Beautiful Wedding!

AOS Process:

11/15/10 - AOS package mailed

12/14/10 - Biometrics

02/10/11 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!

02/19/11 - Green card received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do I have to wait until I get an interview date before I can schedule my medical, or can I do that while I'm waiting for an interview?

You can book the medical appointment as soon as you receive your P3, so you're good to go!

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

sooooo, i need some professional help lol this might be in a forum somewhere but i was hoping someone might have experienced this as well. I am a high school employee and my last day of work is next Friday. I qualify to receive unemployment until school starts again in August. I made enough on my past three tax returns to more than satisfy the poverty guidelines for support, and my dad is also co-sponsoring. However, my question is, will receiving unemployment benefits cause any problems with my fiance getting his visa? I know there is a rule out there somewhere about receiving government assistance, but I don't know what that is. I would like to get my unemployment if I can, BUT, it is not worth messing up the visa. Any info? Thanks!

Timeline

sooooo, i need some professional help lol this might be in a forum somewhere but i was hoping someone might have experienced this as well. I am a high school employee and my last day of work is next Friday. I qualify to receive unemployment until school starts again in August. I made enough on my past three tax returns to more than satisfy the poverty guidelines for support, and my dad is also co-sponsoring. However, my question is, will receiving unemployment benefits cause any problems with my fiance getting his visa? I know there is a rule out there somewhere about receiving government assistance, but I don't know what that is. I would like to get my unemployment if I can, BUT, it is not worth messing up the visa. Any info? Thanks!

Hi Shari... you are thinking about the restriction that your Alien Beneficiary cannot receive "means tested benefits" for forty quarters after you have signed the Affidavit of Support.

Unemployment insurance is not a means tested benefit. Yes, you are allowed to collect the unemployment and it will not mess up your application unless you had actually lost your job. Then that is another matter. I think you said you have a joint sponsor and your income alone is sufficient so you are covered.

Claim the unemployment if you wish. (It does not to be added as income to your tax return you file next year for 2010 tax year.)

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Hi Shari... you are thinking about the restriction that your Alien Beneficiary cannot receive "means tested benefits" for forty quarters after you have signed the Affidavit of Support.

Unemployment insurance is not a means tested benefit. Yes, you are allowed to collect the unemployment and it will not mess up your application unless you had actually lost your job. Then that is another matter. I think you said you have a joint sponsor and your income alone is sufficient so you are covered.

Claim the unemployment if you wish. (It does not to be added as income to your tax return you file next year for 2010 tax year.)

Good luck.

Thanks for the info!

Timeline
I called the embassy of USA in Madrid and the call is expensive enough but the woman told me all what it's not... I told her that i don't know if i had to send before the DS-230 I and DS-156 and DS-157 together and she told me that i had to send all the papers even the ones that i should present JUST in the interview and that says in the package that I DONT HAVE to send to that office. So thats the information just read and do whatever you think it says...great! thank you embassy in Madrid

That post gives me nostalgic memories of the low level of customer service available in Spain. So nostalgic I can smell the tortilla de patata...

RoC Timeline

08/20/2012: Sent I-751 to California Service Center

Our Immigration Checklist

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi everybody!

Just a little update - we've set a date for our wedding! Friday October 15th! :)

Hopefully I'll be in Phoenix well before then, I'm hoping to have got my visa and worked my silly 6 week notice period by the start of September at the latest (we're waiting on an interview date at the moment).

I have a question - I've noticed some of you have called DOS and got an interview date that way - how does this work and is it worth doing it that way? (do you get a date quicker if you do that?)

Hope you're all OK and your visa processes are going well!

Edited by Shawn & Emi

Shawn is the Yank, Emi is the Brit.

Late 2000 - We met online

01/04/09 - We became a couple :)

02/27/09 - We met in person for the first time!

09/05/09 - Shawn proposed in London! :)

K-1 Visa Process:

02/05/10 - Petition mailed to CSC

03/31/10 - Petition approved!! Yay!! :)

06/15/10 - Medical in London

08/10/10 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!

09/03/10 - POE: Philadelphia

10/15/10 - Our Beautiful Wedding!

AOS Process:

11/15/10 - AOS package mailed

12/14/10 - Biometrics

02/10/11 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!

02/19/11 - Green card received!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

To call DOS the number is 202-663-1225, then press 1 then 0 (no need to wait through the menu). You give your NVC case number (the one which begins with the 3 letters identifying the embassy). Its just a way to check for an interview date before you get the P4 letter. Hope this helps.

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Timeline

Hi everybody!

Just a little update - we've set a date for our wedding! Friday October 15th! :)

Hopefully I'll be in Phoenix well before then, I'm hoping to have got my visa and worked my silly 6 week notice period by the start of September at the latest (we're waiting on an interview date at the moment).

I have a question - I've noticed some of you have called DOS and got an interview date that way - how does this work and is it worth doing it that way? (do you get a date quicker if you do that?)

Hope you're all OK and your visa processes are going well!

Yeah I used to call regularly to get the most updated statuses. So by calling I got our interview date before R got the letter, which helped our sanity situation. They were able to tell me, "Yes: interview date was set this morning for so-and-so." Peace of mind.

Interview in 5 days!!!!!!! And as an aside, I had no idea this last bit would be the hardest. We had organized our brains to be patient for the first interminable slog; now that everything's at hand it seems so much more brutal. Minutes like slow honey, no more patience. We are Done. And yet, not quite done. If you know what I mean.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.