Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You guys have no idea how raw the emotions are two years later. I was so set on BF'ing and life threw me a curve ball. It started a couple of weeks of depression (combined with overcoming the rocky end to the pregnacy). I will say I am thankful now it turned out the way it did because my husband was able to jump in and bond with quickly when Mommy was in a funk. I wish could tell you all the negative ####### I have endured due to comments of inconsiderate people. It feels like a lot of parents are in some sort of mom competition. Oh...you don't feed your kids organic food? Oh...you had a c-section? Oh...my kids are so close in age, it is like having twins. Ha! All I have to say is thank goodness for my online and local twin mommies for their loving support.

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Thanks mommies for the advice about not fretting over the 3d U/S.

The doc has ordered two NSTs & 1 biophysical per week for me now. Baby is measuring on target, bp is good, just the amnio fluid is measuring on the low side, so the doc ordered me alot of rest, resting on the left side and drinking LOTS of fluid. I drink about 12 8 oz. glasses of water/day (and I live in the bathroom for most of the day) but he wants me to drink more. I don't mind as long as it works! Anyone have any ideas about low amnio fluid?

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Chnst: Oh no, poor girl. I hope this baby will make an entrance soon so you'll be able to move agian. Sorry the membrane sweep was painful. I never felt it was painful, just the 'pops' felt funny but just a little uncomfy.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Twila: I had about the same feelings - like you about not being able to bf - after the c/section. I had some baby blues going and got so angry when I read or heard about birth stories. These moms got what I wanted and I wanted to explain so bad but then you're being judged on it. Anyway. It's getting better. I'm not angry no more. I guess over time you come to terms with it.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

You guys have no idea how raw the emotions are two years later. I was so set on BF'ing and life threw me a curve ball. It started a couple of weeks of depression (combined with overcoming the rocky end to the pregnacy). I will say I am thankful now it turned out the way it did because my husband was able to jump in and bond with quickly when Mommy was in a funk. I wish could tell you all the negative ####### I have endured due to comments of inconsiderate people. It feels like a lot of parents are in some sort of mom competition. Oh...you don't feed your kids organic food? Oh...you had a c-section? Oh...my kids are so close in age, it is like having twins. Ha! All I have to say is thank goodness for my online and local twin mommies for their loving support.

Twila, I'm with you on this. I took so much grief for not bfing...small nipples and he refused to latch on even with shields. I pumped like a mad woman and got so little in that month's time.

Forget it, but some women are catty b!tches when it comes to baby stuff.

Filed: Timeline

as for the baby food- I saw they have this really cool little machine at Babies R Us that mashes up the food and then steams it at the same time, so there is less mess! Not sure if this works but it looks pretty cool. I usually just boil fruits and veggies too and then throw them in the blender. Ben still loves it when I make him apple sauce or pear sauce.

That's what I have - it's called the Beaba. There are some bad reviews concerning brown water! But the good reviews outweigh the bad...and I've not had a problem yet (I've only used it once, lol). But apparently, if you don't drain the water, it can build up and make gunk. That's common sense though....make sure it's dry! hah

Timeline

That's what I have - it's called the Beaba. There are some bad reviews concerning brown water! But the good reviews outweigh the bad...and I've not had a problem yet (I've only used it once, lol). But apparently, if you don't drain the water, it can build up and make gunk. That's common sense though....make sure it's dry! hah

I always wanted a beaba. One thing E lived on was butternut squash. I also would puree squash, carrots, spinach and green beans. My mom said it was like a veggie souffle. He loved it. It took till he was maybe a year before we gave him meat. He loved mashed bananas, peaches, and apples. He is the most unpicky eater. I am grateful.

Filed: Timeline

I always wanted a beaba. One thing E lived on was butternut squash. I also would puree squash, carrots, spinach and green beans. My mom said it was like a veggie souffle. He loved it. It took till he was maybe a year before we gave him meat. He loved mashed bananas, peaches, and apples. He is the most unpicky eater. I am grateful.

I never even knew what it was until it arrived at my door from my MIL. At first, I thought '#######, I don't have time to make baby food' but it seems pretty simple. As I said before, the first week, I've given him organic store bought baby food because I felt like I wouldn't have time to prepare the food. But, I used the Beaba and it was pretty simple. So far, Nicholas is a healthy eater and has liked everything we've given him. Fingers crossed it continues, lol.

Timeline

I think it's really challenging to deliver the message that "breast is best" without offending mothers who wanted to BF but were unable to. It ends up sounding a lot like "breast is best (but formula is just as good)", which is really not the message that will increase breastfeeding rates among women who are just uneducated about it. I don't think there's an easy answer.

I tried breastfeeding, but my son has a tongue-tie (we're getting it sorted soon hopefully, waiting on his doctor!) so I have expressed using a breast pump since day one. We had a very traumatic birth as well and breastfeeding was impossible for the first 10 days as he was in intensive care. I struggled with my c-section recovery too so pumping was much easier than dealing with a baby at the #######. He is now 4 months old and I'm still expressing for him. In my opinion it doesn't matter how he's getting my milk, as long as he is getting it! I am definitely in the mindset that formula is "okay", but you cannot beat the benefits of breast milk. I've even received 80oz of free donor milk because I refuse to give him formula when my milk supply drops.

IR-1 Timeline (DCF London)

15th Feb 2011 - Filed I-130 in London.

6th Apr 2011 - Sent letter requesting expedition of visa.

11th Apr 2011 - Received email approving request.

12th May 2011 - I-130 approved.

2nd June 2011 - Received case number via email. Booked medical.

3rd June 2011 - Sent forms DS-230, DS-2001 & cover letter today.

8th June 2011 - Medical Exam (£273.00 for medical & MMR/Tetanus injection)

11th July 2011 - Visa interview at 8am.

14th July 2011 - Visa in hand.

23rd July 2011 - Uniting my family today in San Antonio <3

11th Aug 2011 - Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

22nd Aug 2011 - Received SSN

Timeline

I tried breastfeeding, but my son has a tongue-tie (we're getting it sorted soon hopefully, waiting on his doctor!) so I have expressed using a breast pump since day one. We had a very traumatic birth as well and breastfeeding was impossible for the first 10 days as he was in intensive care. I struggled with my c-section recovery too so pumping was much easier than dealing with a baby at the #######. He is now 4 months old and I'm still expressing for him. In my opinion it doesn't matter how he's getting my milk, as long as he is getting it! I am definitely in the mindset that formula is "okay", but you cannot beat the benefits of breast milk. I've even received 80oz of free donor milk because I refuse to give him formula when my milk supply drops.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but 80 ounces will last about 4 days. What will you do when that supply runs out?

Timeline

Good Q. And if you don't mind me asking -what's a tongue tie?

A tongue tie is pretty common. It's when that little piece that connects the tongue to the bottom of the mouth is too short, restricting tongue movement. It can interfere with the mechanics of BFing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I think it's really challenging to deliver the message that "breast is best" without offending mothers who wanted to BF but were unable to. It ends up sounding a lot like "breast is best (but formula is just as good)", which is really not the message that will increase breastfeeding rates among women who are just uneducated about it. I don't think there's an easy answer.

Yes to that....

@ british bird" wow that does sound like quite a traumatic experience, I hope you recovered quickly! Let's hope you maintain your supply, many moms do fine with pumping. I'm lucky and have a good supply, when I pump I get a lot in a very short amount of time and had so much milk stored with my son I had to toss it. Now I know about milk banks and would donate it. But with my daughter I didn't need to pump (she is a 39weeker opposed to 37 weeks with my son who was too weak in the beginning to latch) so I just tried it yesterday for the first time since we went out for dinner and MIL was watching the kids, I got milkies in no time there for her. But we didn't need to feed it to her, I made it back in time...

Tongue-tie is quite common, Jona had a tight one too but not too tight, so nursing worked out as soon as he was stronger which was quickly...

Eloise must be having a growth spurt, she nursed every 2 hours last night... Jona had those phases too... Exhausting, but the time will pass, I expect things to settle into a routine at about 12 weeks when the whole baby is gassy issue is done with like it was with Jona, then we settled for every 3 hours of nursing until 12 months which was fine by me (and then only daytime nursing and sleep all night for mama!). I definitely feel more confident this time around with everything since I've been there, done that sort of. I don't feel the am I doing this right question coming up all the time.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!