w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Kentucky: Doctors are now required to show and explain an ultrasound to all women before abortion

58 posts in this topic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will this will turn into an abortion thread :unsure:

NOPE! How about some music? :devil:

/v/S2N_uvnvGbI&hl=en_US&fs=1

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

will this will turn into an abortion thread :unsure:

Abortion is in the OP.

I think it would be reasonable to say a doctor needs to offer to explain the ultrasound, if the woman is getting an ultrasound done, but saying the doctor needs to show the ultrasound and explain what is on it is a transparent attempt to change the mind of the woman seeking the abortion. A very high stress situation to begin with, and as I said originally ignorant and intrusive to the woman seeking the abortion.

I think by definition a thread with abortion in the topic is an 'abortion thread.' :star:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
i have dvd of the boys as small "dots" showing heartbeat complete with sound ... this is so cool :yes:

in a relationship timing is everything ... so is being responsible ... and be responsible to prevent ...

I concur.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Abortion is in the OP.

I think it would be reasonable to say a doctor needs to offer to explain the ultrasound, if the woman is getting an ultrasound done, but saying the doctor needs to show the ultrasound and explain what is on it is a transparent attempt to change the mind of the woman seeking the abortion. A very high stress situation to begin with, and as I said originally ignorant and intrusive to the woman seeking the abortion.

I think by definition a thread with abortion in the topic is an 'abortion thread.' :star:

So if you have cancer (via an ultra sound) you dont want the doc to tell you? Are you afraid of what you might feel if you knew there was a life inside?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

So if you have cancer (via an ultra sound) you dont want the doc to tell you? Are you afraid of what you might feel if you knew there was a life inside?

I don't think that issue is addressed by the OP. For wild tangents go argue with Danno. I am pretty sure I have never been, nor ever can be pregnant, my birth biology prevents it. :blink:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

I don't think that issue is addressed by the OP. For wild tangents go argue with Danno. I am pretty sure I have never been, nor ever can be pregnant, my birth biology prevents it. :blink:

Your running away from my statement! Thats okay.

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Pardon? If you think it is appropriate to try and force a guilt trip on a woman seeking an abortion, you are ignorant. Guess that would be why you have the classy name?

Then again, a lot of women who have had abortion later realize the mental damage it caused and complain they never realized the full scope of what was happing and the weight of it.

It's also true many women don't experience this but....

"Truth in lending laws" require that when you finance something you actually sign specific parts of the contract to make certain you understand things like Interest rate, length of loan, payment amount, total amount paid to finance the purchase etc.

These truth in lending laws prevent hasty.. perhaps even prodded decisions to be made without fully agreeing to the actual details.

What would be wrong with "Truth in Abortion laws" to protect women.... more often than not YOUNG women?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
Abortion is in the OP.

abortion as a means of birth control is one topic. is this the issue? if not ... what is the issue?

Then again, a lot of women who have had abortion later realize the mental damage it caused and complain they never realized the full scope of what was happing and the weight of it.

It's also true many women don't experience this but....

"Truth in lending laws" require that when you finance something you actually sign specific parts of the contract to make certain you understand things like Interest rate, length of loan, payment amount, total amount paid to finance the purchase etc.

These truth in lending laws prevent hasty.. perhaps even prodded decisions to be made without fully agreeing to the actual details.

What would be wrong with "Truth in Abortion laws" to protect women.... more often than not YOUNG women?

Again, there is no comparison between "Truth in Lending Laws" and forcing a woman to endure a lecture with slides when she is seeking an abortion. You illustrated my 'argue with Danno for wild tangent' comment perfectly! Thanks Danno!

Offering to discuss the ultrasound, stages of pregnancy, other options all appear well and good until you are the female seeking the abortion, in an already stressful situation, and some a**hole doctor is legally obligated to try and make you feel even worse about the decision.

Nothing at all wrong with offering any of this information, but obligating the doctor and female to endure the lecture this law requires is cruel, and transparent in its design.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

I'm curious also about embryos and fetuses that are incompatible with life or a danger to the mother's life if this law would apply. Seems rather cruel since in the first scenario you're subjecting the woman to an image of their unborn child who will die no matter what they do; for some their mental health would be much better served without seeing such physical evidence...and in the latter subjecting a mom to feeling guilty about choosing her life over the unborn, knowing that she would die if she tried to carry it to term.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Who's paying for all this?

Is the charge slapped on to the abortion?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Again, there is no comparison between "Truth in Lending Laws" and forcing a woman to endure a lecture with slides when she is seeking an abortion. You illustrated my 'argue with Danno for wild tangent' comment perfectly! Thanks Danno!

Offering to discuss the ultrasound, stages of pregnancy, other options all appear well and good until you are the female seeking the abortion, in an already stressful situation, and some a**hole doctor is legally obligated to try and make you feel even worse about the decision.

Nothing at all wrong with offering any of this information, but obligating the doctor and female to endure the lecture this law requires is cruel, and transparent in its design.

Did you read something about a "doctors lecture" in the law that I missed or is that you embellishing the facts again? :thumbs:

Why do you see the "facts" as a negative?

We are told over and over the line about a "clump of cells", I would think the Pro abortion crowd would have thought this law up themselves as now the mother could verify that "Yes it is just a clump of cells".

It might even give piece of mind to the woman after she hears the toilet flush and her potential child is swiftly removed from her life... like snot, in a Kleenex.

Why would anyone feel "worse about this decision" if this blob of cells is meaningless?

Are you concerned that looking at this small spot on an ultrasound a women might realize "Dayum, the only thing that blob needs is "time" and food" and that will be the Daughter I help ready for her prom.... or son who stands muddy at my back door with a new found puppy?

Maybe you are right... less information is better.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

abortion as a means of birth control is one topic. is this the issue? if not ... what is the issue?

The issue is legislation forcing a doctor and a woman seeking an abortion to sit through a discussion, with the clear objective to convince the woman not to get an abortion, of the 'life' inside her which she is seeking to 'end.'

Abortion as a means of birth control tends to be self limiting, in that if you choose that method eventually getting pregnant will likely no longer be possible.

I think women should have access to all of the information this legislation seeks to ram down their throats, the issue is the forced ramming down their throats at a point of extreme vulnerability and stress.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions: