9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We sent out AOS package December 21 and got NOA1 Jan 8, now we got another letter yesterday Requesting for Initial Evidence of the same information we already sent to them.

---They are requesting for my Taxes for most recent years of which we already included in the package we mailed to them (3 yrs to be precise) thank God we made copies of everything we sent

---They are also requesting for I-693 stating that the information on it is outdated that the civil surgeon certified the exam more than a year ago... my husband came in to the US with a K-1 Visa on Nov 28th 2009... All the medicals where done few months to his departure, infact they wouldnt have approved his visa if the medicals were not done, even though it was not completed (They told him He can do it here in the States) but they are saying that it was outdated... This is also untrue

---They are also requesting for his birth certificate, this we also sent in the package.... so also untrue

So we called them this morning and of course the person couldnt help, she cliams she doesnt have any further information that we should follow the instruction on the RFE letter and can check status online. And that it is possible for the office to request for the same information more than once.

At this point we dont even know what to do, I asked her if we resubmit all the information again and they are still not satisfy since is the same information we are going to send, she said to still send them....

Has anyone experience this? What did you do in your own case? How can we go about this?

The package we sent intially had the EAD Form, AOS Application and also the medicals DS-3025

Thank you for you response in advance!

Not sure what to tell you about the taxes or other things. However, We did have the exact same problem with the Medical issues. I started a thread with what we did for that - the short answer is to get your congressperson or senator involved and see if they can clear the whole thing up for you. Just so you know, we did have the vaccines transcribed onto the I693, so if you only sent in the DS-3025, I'm not sure if it will be the same for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry3651607

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline
Not sure what to tell you about the taxes or other things. However, We did have the exact same problem with the Medical issues. I started a thread with what we did for that - the short answer is to get your congressperson or senator involved and see if they can clear the whole thing up for you. Just so you know, we did have the vaccines transcribed onto the I693, so if you only sent in the DS-3025, I'm not sure if it will be the same for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry3651607

We contacted our congresswoman this afternoon and she's asking for a release form, does that sound farmiliar to you, just wanted to know the process you went through. Please can anyone give us a brief ideal of what the process looks like when going through a congressman/woman trying to correct issues concerning your medical RFE and other RFE's.

Will so much appreciate it if anyone could help in this aspect.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We contacted our congresswoman this afternoon and she's asking for a release form, does that sound farmiliar to you, just wanted to know the process you went through. Please can anyone give us a brief ideal of what the process looks like when going through a congressman/woman trying to correct issues concerning your medical RFE and other RFE's.

The release form gives the Congresspersons "liason" permission to speak to the USCIS on your behalf... standard procedure

YMMV

USCIS seems to not accept just the DS form anymore... alot of Oct and Nov filers got an RFE... your husband does not need a full medical but there might still some shots he must need to take... USCIS also requires you to send the I-693 form..

If you just send the W2 they might be requesting for you to send your tax transcripts...

We asked the help of from our congressman's office before... we have to fill out the privacy release form before they can contact USCIS...

7b5542f085.png

event.png

Adjustment of Status:

Approval: 2010-02-16

Greencard Received: 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions:

1-07-12 Sent I-751 application to CSC

1-11-12 CSC received Application

1-13-12 check cashed

The privacy release form is standard. Once you've decided which office you are going to work with, do their release form, and include a letter to the congressperson/senator requesting that they look into your issue. Lay out the pertinent facts, and what you think is wrong. When you talked to the staff member on the phone, hopefully they told you if mail, fax or hand carry is preferred/allowed.

I think you should get the out of date medical issue taken care of before you try to respond to the other items listed on the RFE. The deliverable you should expect from the office of your congressperson is that if they "fixed" any portion of the RFE, you should have that confirmation in writing to send in with the remaining items. Hopefully they can give you clarification about any other deficiencies - ie: Taxes sent in, but not W2s or birth certificate not accompanied by certified translation...

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
The privacy release form is standard. Once you've decided which office you are going to work with, do their release form, and include a letter to the congressperson/senator requesting that they look into your issue. Lay out the pertinent facts, and what you think is wrong. When you talked to the staff member on the phone, hopefully they told you if mail, fax or hand carry is preferred/allowed.

I think you should get the out of date medical issue taken care of before you try to respond to the other items listed on the RFE. The deliverable you should expect from the office of your congressperson is that if they "fixed" any portion of the RFE, you should have that confirmation in writing to send in with the remaining items. Hopefully they can give you clarification about any other deficiencies - ie: Taxes sent in, but not W2s or birth certificate not accompanied by certified translation...

Hi everyone, thanks for your advise about getting in in touch with our congresswoman. We got in touch with our congresswoman and we got a good response that our medical was found but the only document missing was the 2008 tax document, which has been sent,received and signed for by the homeland security on friday after tracking. But since then we have heard nothing from them not even an update on our case status online. Does this long to hear from them. Done my biometrics since the 26th of January but haven't heard anything about my EAD yet. Can somebody pls tell me what next to do about these. I'm kind of curious.

Hi everyone, thanks for your advise about getting in in touch with our congresswoman. We got in touch with our congresswoman and we got a good response that our medical was found but the only document missing was the 2008 tax document, which has been sent,received and signed for by the homeland security on friday after tracking. But since then we have heard nothing from them not even an update on our case status online. Does this long to hear from them. Done my biometrics since the 26th of January but haven't heard anything about my EAD yet. Can somebody pls tell me what next to do about these. I'm kind of curious.

Hey, I'm glad that this congressperson think is working out for others as well.

MARM also hasn't heard anything about her RFE response. There's not much to do, I think, unless you want to get that same staff member from your congresswoman's office involved. The 1800 number will tell you to wait 60 days or something! Rest assured that you have the documentation from the congressional inquiry to answer about the medical, and the receipt from sending the rest of your response, so if things go wrong you are armed with evidence to support your side of the story....Sorry I couldn't help you with that one - it's not in my experience.

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.