zayzay_04

Recieved Green Card TODAY

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife just recieved her greencard in the mail today. So, now we completed I-129F to I-485....two more steps to go!!!

Actually, the approval notice & the greencard arrived on the same day, in separate envelopes. Now that she recieved her greencard & is able to legally work without an EAD, can we go back to the SS office, and have the *legal to work with DHS authorization* removed from her GC or does she have to be a citizen before we can do that?

Also, I have to try to go back to the DMV now, and see if they will agree to give her a Drivers license/state ID yet. They wouldn't do it last time I went, saying that her middle name didn't match(we put her maiden name in place of her old last name). Then they told us that we'd have to go through a legal name change before we could change her name with them...which we can't even do until she's a resident here for a year...but now that she has a GC & SS card in her married name, along with a bunch of paperwork, maybe they'll finally issue her a state ID.

Oh, another question for you guys....can we get her passport name changed now? Is it allowed yet? It doesn't expire for a few more years, but I guess to me its just further Identification for her. How much does it cost? Can you do it here in the states at the Consulate? Does it matter if we do it or not? Will she have a harder time either way? Just some questions running around in my head...lol...thanks guys

Congrats!

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Timeline

Thanks guys!! It's quite a relief to have made it this far. So, what is the rule on her passport though? Does she have to get it changed before she travels, so that it matches her GC, ect.?

Timeline

Hey, by the way I just noticed that this got moved...where to? I think I'm now posting in the wrong location, is there a post-greencard forum? Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My wife just recieved her greencard in the mail today. So, now we completed I-129F to I-485....two more steps to go!!!

Actually, the approval notice & the greencard arrived on the same day, in separate envelopes. Now that she recieved her greencard & is able to legally work without an EAD, can we go back to the SS office, and have the *legal to work with DHS authorization* removed from her GC or does she have to be a citizen before we can do that?

Also, I have to try to go back to the DMV now, and see if they will agree to give her a Drivers license/state ID yet. They wouldn't do it last time I went, saying that her middle name didn't match(we put her maiden name in place of her old last name). Then they told us that we'd have to go through a legal name change before we could change her name with them...which we can't even do until she's a resident here for a year...but now that she has a GC & SS card in her married name, along with a bunch of paperwork, maybe they'll finally issue her a state ID.

Oh, another question for you guys....can we get her passport name changed now? Is it allowed yet? Philippine consulate allows you to amend or renew passport anytime after marriage.

It doesn't expire for a few more years, but I guess to me its just further Identification for her. How much does it cost? Passport amendment costs 20USD Can you do it here in the states at the Consulate? YES. Check with this consulate as to what office you are covered by since each consulate general office has different requirements. Does it matter if we do it or not? It matters if you plan to visit Philippines since the plane ticked must correspond to the passport. Will she have a harder time either way? Just some questions running around in my head...lol...thanks guys

In short, just call the consulate covering your area and ask them directly. They are very accommodating so it's very easy.

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Harlingen TX

Date Filed : 2009-12-10

NOA Date : 2009-12-22

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : April 27, 2010

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : April 27, 2010

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: May 28, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
In short, just call the consulate covering your area and ask them directly. They are very accommodating so it's very easy.

Here is a very new forum about travelling with conditional green card...it might help you decide what to do with the passport issue.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=238766

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Harlingen TX

Date Filed : 2009-12-10

NOA Date : 2009-12-22

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : April 27, 2010

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : April 27, 2010

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: May 28, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.