NickangeL2008

Travel with conditional green card

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm so excited to plan a trip at the end to this year to visit my home country with my USC husband :thumbs: This is going to be his first journey to Asia!! I'm listing some documents that I'm planning to bring with us to make sure that I won't have any problems with coming back in and out of US, and I realized that the list is too short!!

Please give suggestions if I miss anything. Thanks in advance!! :blush:

My status: AOS from F1 student visa (the reason I post in this forum). Currently is holding a conditional GC, expire in March 24, 2011. The trip will be in Nov 11- Nov 30.

1. Conditional GC

2. Marriage certificate (US and Indonesian)

3. Indonesian passport with a stamp of family name change

4. The ticket of course :)

ps: it's too short isn't it? :P

Sweet coffee makes me imagine, black coffee makes me write

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm so excited to plan a trip at the end to this year to visit my home country with my USC husband :thumbs: This is going to be his first journey to Asia!! I'm listing some documents that I'm planning to bring with us to make sure that I won't have any problems with coming back in and out of US, and I realized that the list is too short!!

Please give suggestions if I miss anything. Thanks in advance!! :blush:

My status: AOS from F1 student visa (the reason I post in this forum). Currently is holding a conditional GC, expire in March 24, 2011. The trip will be in Nov 11- Nov 30.

1. Conditional GC

2. Marriage certificate (US and Indonesian)

3. Indonesian passport with a stamp of family name change

4. The ticket of course :)

ps: it's too short isn't it? :P

Can't think of anything else you need myself. Have fun!

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

You don't need anything besides your Indonesian passport and your GC.

Have a great trip!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Thanks for the responses!!!

After I was burried by the AOS paperwork, it's just hard to believe that I don't need a full back pack of evidences haha!!

If anyone else have experience with this or any other input, feel free to comment.

Thanks!!!

Timeline
You don't need anything besides your Indonesian passport and your GC.

Have a great trip!

...and possibly your marriage cert if your last name on your GC differs from your last name on your passport. Just in case.

Timeline
Thanks for the responses!!!

After I was burried by the AOS paperwork, it's just hard to believe that I don't need a full back pack of evidences haha!!

If anyone else have experience with this or any other input, feel free to comment.

Thanks!!!

My wife and I just traveled to and from SE Asia a couple weeks ago w/out an issue. We took her conditional GC, marriage cert, and her Thai passport. It turns out they didn't ask for the marriage cert, but we brought it just in case.

Timeline
My wife and I just traveled to and from SE Asia a couple weeks ago w/out an issue. We took her conditional GC, marriage cert, and her Thai passport. It turns out they didn't ask for the marriage cert, but we brought it just in case.

That's great!! Thank you rsn!! I can't wait for my trip :)

We travelled many times when I had my conditional GC....

Nobody ever asked for anything except the GC and my passport....

Go have fun!! :)

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

People,

don't call it a conditional Green Card. It's a Green Card with an expiration date of 2 years, the same one new investors get, and it's the same as any other Green Card, looks the same, smells the same, feels the same, and works the same.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline
People,

don't call it a conditional Green Card. It's a Green Card with an expiration date of 2 years, the same one new investors get, and it's the same as any other Green Card, looks the same, smells the same, feels the same, and works the same.

Don't be ridiculous. No one is going to call it "a green card with an expiration date of 2 years". Calling it a conditional green card is in no way misleading and is obviously a commonly accepted name for a "green card with an expiration date of 2 years". What are you, the terminology police?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think what Bob may be trying to get at is that if we emphasize our conditional status, we merely confuse others and demoralize ourselves. We are permanent residents in the United States, as much as any other immigrant. And that's something to celebrate. We've done it. Continuously referring to ourselves as conditional only unduly emphasizes the upcoming RoC process, making it seem more formidable and foreboding than it actually is. Interviews in the I-751 process are very rare, and rejections ever rarer. We're in, and deserve to enjoy that.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Let's see....I got approved for my Green Card during the AOS interview on Dec 29th. Got the stamp and went flying outside of the country on Dec 30th. And returned on Jan 11th or so...all of this before I had the actual Green Card which came a week after my return. All I needed was the stamp, obviously the passport and that was it. Never got asked for anything else. Bon Voyage! <_<

nav_03.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.