Nagishkaw

Anti-Semitism hit high in '09

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
It all depends upon the context.

True friends of Israel, who support without wavering its right to existence as a Jewish homeland after 2,000 years of Diaspora, and understand its predicament as a civil democracy with sworn enemies bent on its destruction, may indeed fairly criticize specific policies of the Israeli government or individual politicians, if their aim is constructive criticism. This is not anti-semitism, and should be welcomed by Israelis and all people in the region interested in a free exchange of ideas amongst friends. Examples include: US government officials urging a return to peace talks and stopping settlement expansions in the West Bank.

On the other hand, there is is no shortage of those who attack Israel at every opportunity, and no matter the circumstance or provocation. Today, they attack Israel for its settlement policies beyond the Green Line. Pre-1967, when that same Green Line territory was controlled by Jordan who could easily have created a Palestinian state there had it chosen to, the anti-Israel attack was for the "affront" of having dared to have survived its own 1948 War of Independence unbowed. In some future two-state solution, rest assured that they will find continued provocation to attack Israel yet further. These critics will attack Israel no matter what the cause or circumstance for one reason only: that Israel dares to exist. As a free and independent Jewish nation. That is its only true affront, when the masks are torn away. Such people may be fairly labeled antisemites.

Here is a litmus question I like to use in such debates.

Do you fundamentally accept the right of Israel to exist in secure and internationally recognized borders, as a homeland for the Jewish people?

Yes or No?

It's an amazingly simple question, right?

Yet it makes for an excellent starting point to weed out those who are not inherently hostile to the idea of Israel but who are uncomfortable from this or that policy, from those who really can never accept the idea of any acceptable Israel at all. The latter will never be placated no matter how many overtures are made, settlements dismantled, land ceded, etc. With them no debate is possible because the only solution they can accept is one where Israel simply no longer exists. I will take time to patiently debate with the former, but will simply write off the latter as a lost cause for any meaningful discussion.

Excellent post! I agree absolutely :)

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
years ago, i saw on tv this sci feature of how to clone hitler using his remaining dna traces

with this report, shall i assume those idiotic scientists became successful?

Wasn't that a movie - The Boys from Brazil or something...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Wasn't that a movie - The Boys from Brazil or something...

Yeah, The Boys from Brazil was the movie. I'm not aware of a non-fiction feature detailing how to clone Hitler.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

The only place I experience some anti-semitism is on VJ, actually I don't think it has anything to do with that, lol ... the most anti-semitism I experience is from my tribe themselves, as I'm a half-breed, lol

10-4

word

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Do you fundamentally accept the right of Israel to exist in secure and internationally recognized borders, as a homeland for the Jewish people?

Yes or No?

Just to stir the pot..... Do the American Indians have this same right, to have and control their historic homeland? How about the many other peoples who have lost or lost control of their homelands?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Just to stir the pot..... Do the American Indians have this same right, to have and control their historic homeland? How about the many other peoples who have lost or lost control of their homelands?

I was actually going to say the same thing. How far do you take it? There are many groups of people who have been disadvantaged by genocide. Do we start giving all them their own countries too?

keTiiDCjGVo

It's at a high because much of Wall Street and big banks are led by Jewish people. Even as the banks failed amid fraud, none of the them went to jail. If they were in China, they'd be in jail or executed. But since they are in the US, they get nothing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It's at a high because much of Wall Street and big banks are led by Jewish people. Even as the banks failed amid fraud, none of the them went to jail. If they were in China, they'd be in jail or executed. But since they are in the US, they get nothing.

Bernie Madoff went to jail.

Simply because a lot people lost money on bad investments, it doesn't mean there's fraud involved. Blaming it on Jewish bankers doesn't help any there Dr. Goebbels.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Majority rules, I guess.

And that can highlight another point.

NOt long ago, it ware reported Israel is building 2 walls I think in the region by Egypt (IIRC) to stop IllegaLS from flowing in.

They clearly say they want to maintain a jewish Majority.

I applaude their efforts, I just wish other countries could do the same without being vilified.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please be careful not to fall into racial stereotyping. If you are trying to suggest stereotyping plays a role in the topic under discussion, then please find a way to make the observation that doesn't come across as racist.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
Please be careful not to fall into racial stereotyping. If you are trying to suggest stereotyping plays a role in the topic under discussion, then please find ways to make the observation that don't come across as racist.

Kathryn, the libel against Jews that they control the banks dates back to medieval Europe and is largely responsible for the many pogroms they've faced over the years.

It is not mere racial stereotyping. Laughing about how the Obama girls like fried chicken (they do) is stereotyping. This is much worse and deserves more than a slap on the wrist from you.

Edited by w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Kathryn, the libel against Jews that they control the banks dates back to medieval Europe and is largely responsible for the many pogroms they've faced over the years.

It is not mere racial stereotyping. Laughing about how the Obama girls like fried chicken (they do) is stereotyping. This is much worse and deserves more than a slap on the wrist from you.

Thank you. Yes, I understand and I recognize that this 'libel' has been responsibility for many horrific acts taken against Jews over the centuries. My warning was such as it was not clear to me whether the poster of the comment in question was aware of the error of his comments or was merely repeating the 'stereotype' that many people have of the Jews being in control of the banking industry. My concern was if the comment was meant to be deliberately racist or was it made in ignorance. By posting the warning I did I was giving the benefit of the doubt that it was posted through ignorance, and I hoped that a warning may cause someone to 'think again' about a position they hold or express. I agree with you that a deliberate and provocative post made with a racist intent is a violation of TOS and deserving of attention.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!