14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

question, how much does a medical exam usually cost? what if you cannot get records of vaccinations? also what will happen if you file I-485 without the medical exam ? ( i-693)

hah, doing all this paperwork is 10x harder when your in the army and your wife is states away :(

question, how much does a medical exam usually cost? what if you cannot get records of vaccinations? also what will happen if you file I-485 without the medical exam ? ( i-693)

hah, doing all this paperwork is 10x harder when your in the army and your wife is states away :(

The exam can cost anywhere from <$100 - $300 depending on how many vaccinations you need to get. If you can't get records of vaccinations I believe they will have to give you everything that USCIS requires but I'm not 100% sure on this. If you don't send the I-693 with the I-485 then you will receive an RFE, request for evidence, and they will ask that you send it in before they can continue processing your case. If you don't get an RFE though they will request it at the interview if you have one. Either way, you'll need to get the medical exam :thumbs:

Edited by RebeccaAndPhil

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

I had a full vaccination record, so I got away with "just" $137, but it depends on your area and on the doctor. I called up the five nearest civil surgeons from the list on the USCIS website and asked for their prices beforehand.

If you don't have a full vaccination record, I know some places that will do a blood test to check for the respective antibodies, that might save you from getting the full set of shots...

Short answer: Call a few of the local offices and ask for their pricing and terms. Good luck! :)

AOS:

12/05/09: Sent AOS package to Chicago lockbox.

12/11/09: USPS reports delivery of package.

12/16/09: I-485 check cashed.

12/17/09: I-130 check cashed.

12/19/09: Received four NOAs in the mail (dated 12/15)

12/28/09: Received biometrics apt. letter for 1/8/10

01/04/10: Walk-in biometrics done (Santa Ana, CA)

01/26/10: Received interview letter for March 10

02/05/10: EAD card production ordered & AP approval notice sent, both arrived in the mail shortly thereafter

03/10/10: Interview and approval for cond. GC

03/11/10: Status update "Card production ordered"

03/16/10: Welcome letter in the mail

03/22/10: GC in the mail!

ROC:

12/20/11: Mailed to CSC.

12/21/11: NOA date.

01/13/12: Scheduled biometrics.

05/18/12: Received approval letter, dated 5/14.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am going in for my Exam in two days.. I have to be vaccinated again for everything as well because I cannot find my childhood vaccine records.

The cost of the exam and the vaccines is $275.

For the record- I am having it done in the SFO Bay area.

Filed: Other Country: South Korea
Timeline

we paid $230 but we didn't have vaccination records, so if you have the records, it'll be cheaper.

I also called 5 diff docs, and costs are all different, so make sure you call few, and fine the cheapest place!! :D

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Similar experience. I have no records of my previous vaccinations so I have to get a full set of shots now.

One question I have in mind is, some of the vaccinations need to have a 2nd dose or a 3rd dose in 2 or 6 months period.

Do I have to wait for all the doses are finished to submit the I-693 with AOS, or I can submit the I-693 once I got the 1st dose?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can submit the AOS application with the first series of vaccinations. You are considered medically in compliance with the vaccination schedule when you apply because it is medically inappropriate to give you the next series at that time. For your own protection - medically and immigration-wise - do complete the series. I have never heard of anyone being asked at an interview if they have completed the whole series since they submitted their application, however, it is possible that they might ask if the vaccinations are still up to date.

You may find it cheaper to get the vaccinations done at a clinic than at the Civil Surgeon's office. Phone around and find out the prices for those elsewhere. Then you would just need to take the evidence of having the vaccination done with you to your medical appointment.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Another question...

Since I am 26 now, and some vaccinations on the list are out of my range of age. Like some are for infants, some are for age over 65. I wonder if I need to get these shots?

I also heard that since Dec 14 2009, it is not required for women to have HPV shot for the immigration application. Is it true?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My medical exam cost 125. I didn't have my shot records either and my mom couldn't find them so i called the health department where i grew up and they had all my shot records so they faxed them to me. So i am sure you could do the same. Cause it costs a lot of money to get all the shots done over again. and no the hpv vaccine isn't required anymore which is a good thing cause that one was the most expensive.

Edited by nats6624

USPS sent AOS and I-130-2/20/2010

Arrived and received-2/22/2010

Checks Cashed-3/3/2010

All 3 NOA's Received-3/4/2010

All Forms Touched-3/4/2010

Biometrics Letter-3/11/2010 Appointment date 3/25/2010

I-130 and I-765 Touched-3/11/2010 though no e-mail update hmm.

Biometrics completed Walk-in-03/16/2010

I-485 and I-765 Touched-03/17/2010

Interview Letter-04/02/2010 for May 4th,2010

I-130 and I-485 Touched-04/23/2010

EAD Approved Card Ordered-5/3/2010

Interview-5/4/2010...APPROVED!!

Welcome Letter-5/10/2010

I-130 Approval Notice-5/10/2010

Green Card production Ordered Again-5/11/2010

EAD Received-5/24/2010

GREEN CARD RECEIVED FINALLY!!!-06/01/2010

Sent I-751 ROC-05/01/2012

Received and signed-05/02/2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone, is anyone familiar with a CS in the DC/VA/MD area? I called to some in DC but they weren't very helpful providing information about pricing. Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Also, have any of you claim to your health insurance the costs of these medicals/immunizations? Is that possible?

Thanks, J

[May 11, 2010]: Medical form received. Case transferred to Natl. Benefits Center

[May 07, 2010]: Sent RFE, medical form. Asked my civil surgeon to print another form.

[May 05, 2010]: Biometrics appointment

[April 27, 2010]: Received RFE, they lost medical form

[April 19, 2010]: Received biometrics appointment

[April 19, 2010]: Received NOAs for I-130

[April 16, 2010]: Received NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131.

[April 12, 2010]: Checks cashed. Case established on USCIS website. [Day 9]

[April 12, 2010]: Received text messages and eight emails from USCIS with MCS number [Day 9]

[April 5, 2010]: AOS package received and signed by USCIS [Day 2]

[April 3, 2010]: Sent AOS package to Chicago lock box - I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-1145

[March, 2010]: Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Since I am 26 now, and some vaccinations on the list are out of my range of age. Like some are for infants, some are for age over 65. I wonder if I need to get these shots?

I also heard that since Dec 14 2009, it is not required for women to have HPV shot for the immigration application. Is it true?

-On my husband's medical they marked "not age appropriate" and he was not given those shots.

-While not required a doctor; they may still order the shot (from what i've seen other VJers report)

Hello everyone, is anyone familiar with a CS in the DC/VA/MD area? I called to some in DC but they weren't very helpful providing information about pricing. Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Also, have any of you claim to your health insurance the costs of these medicals/immunizations? Is that possible?

We called around a few CSs in the Richmond, Va area. We got $260 on up. We went with one who was $300, regardless of having vaccination history or not... the one that was cheaper did not include any vaccinations and it would cost additionally if he needed any. Good luck in your search! Most health insurances do not cover a medical for immigration purposes.

AOS (from VWP)Application Removal of Conditions Timeline Naturalization Timeline
12/28/2009 Sent I-130,I-485,I-765 02/25/2012 Sent out I-751 via USPS to VSC 01/15/2013 Sent out N-400 via USPS to Dallas, TX
03/24/2010 AOS Interview APPROVED!!! 10/24/2012 RFE 04/03/2013 Naturalization Interview - Passed!
04/05/2010 Greencard arrived!! 01/03/2013 Approved! Card production ordered! 05/15/2013 Oath Ceremony - Kyle is a US Citizen!

***Detailed time line in my About Me page***

Timeline

I just had my medical check and vaccination done (hopefully). I will have blood test result next week.

Since I am 26, the doctory gave me MMR and Tdap shots, PPD skin test, and a blood draw. 4 items. The blood test is $140 (for HIV, chickenpox, and RPR), and the vaccination & skin test total is $340.

And according to the blood test result, the doctor will decide to give me chickenpox shot or not.

I am in WA state.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.