happywifeymom

Help! Wrong Spelling on 10 yr. Green Card

10 posts in this topic

Hello fellow vj members,

Been quite a while since i last posted a topic here as we been busy on my kid's I -130 who are now in NVC and of course me being a full time worker. But even then i still have time to read vj everyday and answers questions as much as i could to be able to help others.

I have a quick question. I received my 10 yr. green card early December of 2009. I did not notice till yesterday that the middle name in my card is incomplete. There was 1 letter missing but my Married and first name are correct.

Example: My real correct name is:

Maria Llamera Smith

(First name) (Single/middle name) (Married name)

In my green card it shows: (lacking letter "A")

Maria Llamra Smith

Should i be worried about this? SHould i call USCIS for correction? Pls I would appreciate any help. Thanks a lot.

Edited by happywifeymom

You have to file an I-90 form/application to correct that USCIS administrative (clerical) error. Submit photocopy of your card of that particular error and other documents that you need to prove. If your other supporting documents that you need to submit proved that you have your middle name correct, while your 10-year green card shows different, you don't send payments or fees for that error, otherwise if it's your error that you misspelled it since the beginning of your application (your previous documents --examine or look it up) then you have to pay for that....Go to USCIS website and look on FORMS section and find I-90 form and instructions to fill that form and follow instructions. USCIS phone hotline is just useless, they will just tell you stuff that they don't even know deeper...Just follow the I-90 form/instructions how to process that....

Filed: Country: Rwanda
Timeline

Need to send in the I-90 with ORIGINAL GREEN CARD, and a copy of you approval letter, and a copy of your birth certificate and a small explanation on what is the mistake. the timeline is about 90 days. I do not know if they send NOA but if you find out let us know because some people gets one some dont. No fee.

#1 investment is YOURSELF!!!

You have to file an I-90 form/application to correct that USCIS administrative (clerical) error. Submit photocopy of your card of that particular error and other documents that you need to prove. If your other supporting documents that you need to submit proved that you have your middle name correct, while your 10-year green card shows different, you don't send payments or fees for that error, otherwise if it's your error that you misspelled it since the beginning of your application (your previous documents --examine or look it up) then you have to pay for that....Go to USCIS website and look on FORMS section and find I-90 form and instructions to fill that form and follow instructions. USCIS phone hotline is just useless, they will just tell you stuff that they don't even know deeper...Just follow the I-90 form/instructions how to process that....

Thank you. My 2 yr green card shows the correct spelling, only in my 10 yr. green card. I don't know if who's fault is it since my 2 yr. green card had no problem and every documents. just the 10 yr. card.

Depending on how long since you filed your I-751 and when your NOA with the one year extension runs out, you might want to make an Infopass appointment before you send off the I-90 and ask very nicely for an I-551 stamp in your passport to show that you really are an LPR. I did this when my conditional green card showed up with a misspelled middle name, and although the replacement showed up reasonably fast, I'm glad I got the stamp in my passport as a backup. The officer I spoke to at the Infopass was also able to look up my information in the system somehow and verify what I already knew - that the typo was their mistake, and not mine. I then included this in the cover letter for my I-90 (that USCIS had already admitted that this was their error - of course I provided plenty of proof to back this up, too, as I didn't want them turning around and trying to extract another fee from me!) - it probably didn't help, but it can't have hurt!

Good luck - it's annoying having to file an I-90, but fingers crossed you'll get a quick resolution. With mine, I didn't get a proper NOA, but I did get a letter, eventually, acknowledging that they'd received it, and then I started to see updates to my I-485 status online. I'd imagine you may get similar updates on your I-751 status...

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

you definitely need to get this fixed. find the form and filing directions for the current I-90 on the uscis website and send back the card with the copy of your original filing 751 (you did save a copy?) and a photo copy of your correctly named 2 year card and other evidence such as a marriage cert copy, your EAP card, your AP document. do not expect an NOA, and do not expect to get a good card back in less than 6 months, so have a color copy (several) of your 10 year card handy as identification. if you need proof of status while uscis has your card your local congressman or senator's office has a liason person who can arrange this kind of confirmation from USCIS and can help you get a 551 stamp.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I answered your question here, and even provided a link to the site with which you need to make your appointment

Make an Infopass

:whistle:

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Hello fellow members,

Thanks for all the replies in my other posts. My question is how will i know if the wrong data on my card is their fault?

I can not find the copy of my I-751 form that I sent them but i did submitted copies of my new and old passport, copy of my 2 yr. green card, copy of my DL and all other documents with correct name on it?

I already filed online the infopass and wil have my appointment on Monday.

Edited by happywifeymom

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Separate thread on same topic merged into existing thread. There is no need to start a separate thread requesting further information on the same subject matter.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Separate thread on same topic merged into existing thread. There is no need to start a separate thread requesting further information on the same subject matter.

Thanks for that. i appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.