Missisfu

10 MONTHS SINCE I SENT I-751

18 posts in this topic

ANY SUGESTION???

It has been 10 months since I sent my I-751.

My husband did not sign the form I-751. I am still married with my husband but we are separate because he has a another woman. We have a child together.

I am still waiting and answer from USCIS, but Nothing..

My Timeline:

Removing conditions:

03/23/09 USCIS VSC got my packet

03/17/09 Extension Letter

03/27/09 Biometrics Appointment Notice

04/14/09 Biometrics taked

I always check my case status on the USCIS web:

INITIAL REVIEW

On March 23, 2009, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

My Timeline:

Removing conditions:

06/10/10 Interview (Denied)

01/21/11 Court (Removal Proceedings)

03/09/11 Court (Removal Proceedings)

03/20/11 Divorce Decree

04/01/11 I-751 re-filed with divorce

04/25/11 Stamp in my passport

05/03/11 Biometrics Letter received to take biometrics on June 01

05/11/11 Court (Removal Proceedings)

05/11/11 Biometrics taken before (because of a trip)

06/29/11 Court (Removal Proceeding terminated)

ANY SUGESTION???

My husband did not sign the form I-751. I am still married with my husband but we are separate because he has a another woman. We have a child together.

My Timeline:

Removing conditions:

INITIAL REVIEW

On March 23, 2009, we received this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

The fact that you got your NOA and biometrics means that they accepted the application, so the husbands signature did not matter. How did you fill out part 2 (filing status)?

I hope you had some evidence to show your spouse cheating on you... that will help in your case. A lot of times they take longer than the normal processing time because they check your case with more details. I am not sure if getting an infopass appointment and see if you can find some answers there.

Good luck

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you still at the original address? Or have you filed the AR-11 online and verified that the change of address is in the system?

Sounds like an InfoPass appointment might help you learn what is going on with the petition.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Assuming that you filed with a waiver, you are lucky to not hear from USCIS yet.

Because when you hear from them, it will be a request for your divorce decree.

If you do not provide it within a short period of time (1-2 months), your I-751 will be denied.

It is normal for waiver cases to take longer, it is anything from 3 to 12 months lately, depending also on which service center you filed with. CSC is faster.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

ANY SUGESTION???

My Timeline:

Removing conditions:

INITIAL REVIEW

I don't see anywhere an indication that there has been a divorce. If you look at the I-751 document, there are a few methods to file with a waiver....

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

We are not divorced yet.

I requested a waiver and sent a letter explaining that my husband cheated on me.

I also sent pictures of my husband and his girlfriend.

My Timeline:

Removing conditions:

03/20/11 Divorce Decree

Filed: Timeline
We are not divorced yet.

I requested a waiver and sent a letter explaining that my husband cheated on me.

Great! I don't think that there is any need to worry. You have explained your situation to the USCIS, they are well aware of whats going on. The local office will get your waiver for an interview, that's for sure. You will be asked for the divorce decree anytime during this whole process.

Remember the USCIS will approve your application only because of the bonafide evidence of your relationship. They are not much bothered about whose cheating, or the multitude of reasons for separation and divorce in married couples. At the end they need 2 things: your divorce decree and your good faith evidence. The other things will be ignored.

Filed: Other Timeline
We are not divorced yet.

That's the main problem, as without the divorce decree, you are running out of time.

That's another problem, and if I were a family member, I would be worried about you.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Great! I don't think that there is any need to worry. You have explained your situation to the USCIS, they are well aware of whats going on. The local office will get your waiver for an interview, that's for sure. You will be asked for the divorce decree anytime during this whole process.

Remember the USCIS will approve your application only because of the bonafide evidence of your relationship. They are not much bothered about whose cheating, or the multitude of reasons for separation and divorce in married couples. At the end they need 2 things: your divorce decree and your good faith evidence. The other things will be ignored.

OK,

What I should do?

- Fill the divorce right now??

&

- Wait for an interview or request an interview?

Please help!!

My Timeline:

Removing conditions:

03/20/11 Divorce Decree

OK,

What I should do?

&

Please help!!

Here is something to think about.... if you stay married to your husband, what is the reason? Look at it in USCIS perspective - if you send in a picture of your husband and his gf, and you remain married to him, then they might become suspicious that this marriage is for immigration purposes - that's why he can go off and do whatever. not that I am implying any of this, but you need to be ready for any questions they might ask.

They will send you an interview if they deem it necessary to make a decision. If you are going to apply for divorce, then you should do it as soon as possible to show that you are not remaining with an unfaithful husband.

The main question is this - do you want to get a divorce or do you want to work on keeping your marriage? What about your husband? Answer this first then move on to the next step.

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes you should file for divorce ASAP.

(at this point you may end up deported if you wait any longer trying to save your marriage)

& you can not request an interview. USCIS will give you the interview date, when they feel like it.

OK,

What I should do?

&

Please help!!

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

refer to rika

file for divorce and notify USCIS with divorce process and you will be asked to provide divorce decree within 87 days. you will get an interview after you submit the divorce decree and you should be approved after that. You can not file waiver while still married , you filed w/o him (practically and your case is on hold because it is not fitting in neither situation.) Divorce ASAP and sent copy of divorce decree as soon as you have it.

September 5th 2007 Married in the U.S

October 15th 2007 documents were recieved

Nov 25th 2007 biometrics

Dec 17 2007 work authorization

Feb 26 2008 interview and approval

25 Nov 2009 I-751

27 Nov 2009 NOA

11 Dec 2009 Biometrics (early bio)

31 Dec 2009 touch (web site indicates last update)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.