spectheintro

Quick update for the VJ Family.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My wife had her interview on Jan. 4th in Abu Dhabi. I flew to Dubai on December 26th and accompanied her to the interview. I'll save most of the embassy details, and just post the salient parts. She did very well during her interview, the consular officer said she was very impressed and used a lot of phrases like: "when you get to the US" and "when they send you your greencard." However, at the end, she said the case was flagged for additional processing, gave us a 221 (g), told us we were approved and did not need to submit any additional documentation or have another interview, but to check the website periodically until our case number came up.

For reference, out of the ~40 people there and ~12 Iranians, I only saw three people get their visas issued that day: a DV recipient, an elderly grandmother (wasn't sure if it was a tourist or immigrant visa), and a middle-aged wife. (Her husband, who interviewed with her, was told his visa was not ready yet.) All in all, most everyone left disappointed.

So now I just wait and see. If you have any specific questions re: Abu Dhabi, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats for passing the interview , and INSHALLAH her AP will be fast

Best of luck

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2009-03-21

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-25 ALHAMDULILLAH ALLAH IS GREATEST

I-130 NOA2 hard copy: 2009-08-29

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received/case number assigned : 2009-09-04

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-11 (online)

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-12 (by email)

DS-3032 accepted : 2009-09-26

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-09-29

Login Failed : 2009-10-26

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-10-28

Interview date : 2009-12-16 APPROVED ALHAMDULILLAH

Visa Received : 2009-12-24

Port of Entry (Houston):2010-01-28 VerySmooth ALHAMDULILLAH

Welcome notice arrived:2010-02-16

Green Card Arrived : 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Package sent to VSC : 2011-12-03

NOA1 received : 2011-12-23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hey, brother. i hope your AP goes by quickly. seems we stay on the same timeline :P

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Timeline

Congrats on getting approved!!! Hopefully this whole thing will pass quickly. Keep us updated! ~M

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Congrats and hope you have a speedy AP!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Thanks everyone. I just called the DOS (this will probably be a weekly occurrence, sigh) to inquire and she said that the case was still on AP. I asked her what exactly was happening, if it was embassy-initiated or something else, and she said she didn't really know, but that it was internal. I'm a bit confused as to what her answer meant, but I suppose the end result is that she's still on AP. I already wrote my congressman about this and hopefully they can apply a bit of pressure to get this done, but I know that in the end, it's just going to be a waiting game.

hey, brother. i hope your AP goes by quickly. seems we stay on the same timeline :P

hahahaha No joke, sister. I think we've been in step for every leg of the process--you got approved by USCIS like two weeks after me, got through NVC around when I did, and had an interview when I did. Let's pray we get the visas at the same time too! :D (And soon!)

Thanks everyone. I just called the DOS (this will probably be a weekly occurrence, sigh) to inquire and she said that the case was still on AP. I asked her what exactly was happening, if it was embassy-initiated or something else, and she said she didn't really know, but that it was internal. I'm a bit confused as to what her answer meant, but I suppose the end result is that she's still on AP. I already wrote my congressman about this and hopefully they can apply a bit of pressure to get this done, but I know that in the end, it's just going to be a waiting game.

hahahaha No joke, sister. I think we've been in step for every leg of the process--you got approved by USCIS like two weeks after me, got through NVC around when I did, and had an interview when I did. Let's pray we get the visas at the same time too! :D (And soon!)

Spec,

I hope the AP goes quickly.!!!!! All the best to you and your family!!

Beth

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

:lol: right on. let's check our calendars. monday is a holiday, how about tuesday, january 19th. does that work for you?? :clock:

Edited by Twisted K

He is home!!!

Timeline
:lol: right on. let's check our calendars. monday is a holiday, how about tuesday, january 19th. does that work for you?? :clock:

haha Sounds good--it would be almost exactly two weeks from our interview date. Man, could you imagine it? Our spouses actually living with us. It would be incredible.

Timeline
:lol: my husband and i talk about that all of the time :) we might actually know what married life is one day ;)

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Oh, I'm so sorry about the AP! There are just a few of us who have the worst luck!

But hey, I've got lots of popcorn.

It would be so nice to have our spouses under the same roof, wouldn't it? I sure could use the support, what with all the challenges life has thrown at me.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.