Berber Mama

MENA pregnancy/baby/parenting thread

254 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I've had two, both emergency.. the second was a lot easier.. and I can attest to how much faster you will heal if you force yourself to get up and move around as much as possible, as soon as possible. I was up and down to the NICU the next day and made myself move around a lot when I got home, and I healed beautifully. I didnt even need pain meds after 4 days (I have a high pain tolerance, but I really felt great).. drink lots of water too ^_^ you'll be fine!

Thanks Sarah, that makes me feel better. I would have gotten up a lot sooner if I didn't have those cuffs on my legs, I don't even know what they're called...the things that prevent blood clots in the legs or something.

Your daughter is a cutie. I can tell how much she's grown in this pic. Love the outfit btw, she looks like a little Moroccan princess!

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I thought that the doctor was supposed to make sure that your uterus is contracting normally before you leave the hospital. I have heard about the shot given directly in the cervix to aide with the contracting. That's so scary!

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

VJ mamas told me about getting up and walking ASAP after c-section, so I did, and I also had an easy time. Mine wasn't exactly planned, but when the induction wasn't working, my doctor recommended the c-section before it became an emergency. I think the most painful part was them pressing on my uterus the first day. Second most painful part was standing up and walking to the shower the first time. But touching baby feet is the best anesthetic in the world.

I wish they'd told me that the incision could drain suddenly after a few days though. When that happened to me after a week, I was alone with the baby and thought I was bleeding out. Scared me pretty badly.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks Sarah, that makes me feel better. I would have gotten up a lot sooner if I didn't have those cuffs on my legs, I don't even know what they're called...the things that prevent blood clots in the legs or something.

Your daughter is a cutie. I can tell how much she's grown in this pic. Love the outfit btw, she looks like a little Moroccan princess!

they put those cuffs on you while you're in bed to keep the blood circulating because you're not moving.. if you wanna walk around, tell them to come take them off.. they would rather you walk around than keep those things on!

Thank you! I've been waiting for that outfit to even remotely fit her :lol:

Timeline
they put those cuffs on you while you're in bed to keep the blood circulating because you're not moving.. if you wanna walk around, tell them to come take them off.. they would rather you walk around than keep those things on!

Thank you! I've been waiting for that outfit to even remotely fit her :lol:

We bought a Moroccan baby caftan back in 2007 in hopes of one day having a daughter to wear it, and two boys later......well the prospects aren't looking too good!

all this talk of csection really makes me NEVER wanna have one lol

And me already having one makes me antsy at having another one!

VJ mamas told me about getting up and walking ASAP after c-section, so I did, and I also had an easy time. Mine wasn't exactly planned, but when the induction wasn't working, my doctor recommended the c-section before it became an emergency. I think the most painful part was them pressing on my uterus the first day. Second most painful part was standing up and walking to the shower the first time. But touching baby feet is the best anesthetic in the world.

I wish they'd told me that the incision could drain suddenly after a few days though. When that happened to me after a week, I was alone with the baby and thought I was bleeding out. Scared me pretty badly.

You got that right! :luv:

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Bless your heart, I had an emergency c-section with Mehdi and it was the WORST experience of my life. I have to have a repeat because the hospital has a no VBAC policy and I am dreading it so much. With the emergency c-section I had to be put to sleep because I wasn't getting totally numb. I woke up from the surgery feeling like someone had poured gasoline on my stomach and lit a match. It was so painful. I have heard that the planned c-sections aren't so bad so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

LOL

I had an emergency c-section with Enzo. It was painful for the first few days in the hospital but oddly enough, I only used my pain medication once when I got home. I will give just one bit of advice for you as a pregnant mommy getting ready to have another - start walking now. I think this is what helped me tremendously as I was a walking fool during my pregnancy. My dr said that it saved me because I was basically jumping out of bed the next day to use the bathroom, shower, even walk around. I just pushed through the pain and worked hard to get back on my feet. It was tough that first week at home, but I was driving by my 2 week anniversary.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Jen, I also suggest the Beaba Babycook from Williams-Sonoma. Save up for it as it is $149, but it is to die for. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/be...&cm_src=SCH

It has like 247 5-star reviews on their website. I think that's pretty good. :thumbs:

That's exactly the one I had been drooling over from the Williams Sonoma catelogue :blush: I think I'll ask my parents to give it to me as a birthday present this year.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
That's exactly the one I had been drooling over from the Williams Sonoma catelogue :blush: I think I'll ask my parents to give it to me as a birthday present this year.

It is soooooo cool. :dance::thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
It is soooooo cool. :dance::thumbs:

I'm not pregnant nor do I have a child but, I get the William Sonoma catalogue and saw this in it and had to cut it out and save it to remind me to buy it when I have a baby inshallah. There is baby food that is organic with no additives, etc. but for some women it gives them the peace of mind and the thought that "I'm a good mother" if they know what is going in their baby's food.

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

I had an emergency c-section with Enzo. It was painful for the first few days in the hospital but oddly enough, I only used my pain medication once when I got home. I will give just one bit of advice for you as a pregnant mommy getting ready to have another - start walking now. I think this is what helped me tremendously as I was a walking fool during my pregnancy. My dr said that it saved me because I was basically jumping out of bed the next day to use the bathroom, shower, even walk around. I just pushed through the pain and worked hard to get back on my feet. It was tough that first week at home, but I was driving by my 2 week anniversary.

i agree with this. keeping yourself as strong and healthy as you possibly can throughout yr pregnancy can make a big difference in how your body responds to the stress of giving birth, c-section or not. keeping weight in check, even if yr on bedrest is a big factor too. with my second pregnancy, by the time i had my baby, gave myself 6 weeks to get rid of all the excess water weight (yes, it really does take that long to get rid of it), and had been nursing for 6 weeks, i was actually about 15 pounds less than before i had gotten pregnant. i was able to be a lot more active the 2nd time around than i had been able to be the 1st time, when i had to be on bedrest.

in general though, birth, c-section or not is such a subjective experience. some women's bodies are a lot more traumatized by it than others, no matter what shape they were in prior.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline
i agree with this. keeping yourself as strong and healthy as you possibly can throughout yr pregnancy can make a big difference in how your body responds to the stress of giving birth, c-section or not. keeping weight in check, even if yr on bedrest is a big factor too. with my second pregnancy, by the time i had my baby, gave myself 6 weeks to get rid of all the excess water weight (yes, it really does take that long to get rid of it), and had been nursing for 6 weeks, i was actually about 15 pounds less than before i had gotten pregnant. i was able to be a lot more active the 2nd time around than i had been able to be the 1st time, when i had to be on bedrest.

in general though, birth, c-section or not is such a subjective experience. some women's bodies are a lot more traumatized by it than others, no matter what shape they were in prior.

Most definitely! My mother said that I looked fantastic 2 days after my c-section, whereas my sister looked like she had been hit by a car with labor. I had also been in labor for 3.5 days, too - but somehow, I was able to maneuver around better than she could. Although she is physically smaller than I am, she didn't do any walking or exercise on a daily basis like I did. Labor and childbirth experiences are so varied. :thumbs:

i was really interested in the beaba too, when ayah was smaller. ultimately i didn't buy it though. if i had been working back then, i would have definitely picked it up. i just stuck with my food processor and stovetop though.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Thanks for the input. It's been harder for me to keep my weight in check with this pregnancy than with the first. I've already gained more with this one than I did the whole first pregnancy. I've got to start getting some more exercise in.

I love the new Ayah pic, she's gonna be a little heartbreaker with that beautiful black hair and blue eyes...what a doll!

0nboVVg.jpg0nbom6.png

moAOm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh the second child weight gain ---ughhhh! Not to depress you but losing the weight after a 2nd child is super hard - way harder than the first. I am STILL struggling to get it off :(

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.