Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My baby girl turned 1 yesterday and today we had her party. It was pretty much my husbands family and my parents for the big day, but we did have a few friends drop in for a few mins here and there. She was a bit overwhelmed with all the people because she it pretty used to it just being the 3 of us, but she did pretty well. She got pretty spoiled with a lot of new toys and some really cute new outfits. I can't wait to dress her up in some of them!! I managed pretty well and only broke down once while reading her card from my parents (note to self...let Simon read the cards from now on!!). I made her an awesome 3 tier cake with the top cake being shaped like a cupcake and that was the one she got to smash. She was pretty tired so she didn't get into the cake as much as I thought she would but it was cute to watch none the less.

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!post-64487-0-30765200-1324176904_thumb.jpg

Happy Birthday Emma! Such a cutie. Beautiful smash cake you made, I love all that icing, how on earth did you do that? I'm not very good with decorating all fancy with icing. IF I put a cake in front of Alexis she would smash the dickens out of it at this point she likes to get into everything. I hope she doesn't get too sleepy when its her turn. So glad your parents made it for her Birthday, will they be staying for Christmas too? I can't wait for my parents to come down they should be here Tuesday. But Alexis probably won't notice all the ppl around she kinda got stuck tight in a army of ppl right off the bat with 4 siblings. At least I hope.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Happy Birthday Emma! Such a cutie. Beautiful smash cake you made, I love all that icing, how on earth did you do that? I'm not very good with decorating all fancy with icing. IF I put a cake in front of Alexis she would smash the dickens out of it at this point she likes to get into everything. I hope she doesn't get too sleepy when its her turn. So glad your parents made it for her Birthday, will they be staying for Christmas too? I can't wait for my parents to come down they should be here Tuesday. But Alexis probably won't notice all the ppl around she kinda got stuck tight in a army of ppl right off the bat with 4 siblings. At least I hope.

The icing was really easy. I just used a large star tip (the one you get in the Wilton Cupcake kit) and made little rosettes. I started at the top in the middle then just made circles around that.

My parents are going back tomorrow. They were here for Christmas last year (and for Emma's birth) so they want to spend this Christmas with the other kids and grandkids.

Emma had such a rough night last night, we thought she was constipated since she had been having pretty hard poops, so DH tried a warm water enema and that didn't work, so out to Walgreens I went at 3:30 this morning to get some suppositories. She seemed to settle down after that. Then this morning she was still really fussy and we realized that she was cutting her molars!!! Poor kid, she must have wondered what we were doing with her bum when her teeth hurt!! So I sure this probably had a lot to do with her being 'off' yesterday!!

Timeline

The icing was really easy. I just used a large star tip (the one you get in the Wilton Cupcake kit) and made little rosettes. I started at the top in the middle then just made circles around that.

My parents are going back tomorrow. They were here for Christmas last year (and for Emma's birth) so they want to spend this Christmas with the other kids and grandkids.

Emma had such a rough night last night, we thought she was constipated since she had been having pretty hard poops, so DH tried a warm water enema and that didn't work, so out to Walgreens I went at 3:30 this morning to get some suppositories. She seemed to settle down after that. Then this morning she was still really fussy and we realized that she was cutting her molars!!! Poor kid, she must have wondered what we were doing with her bum when her teeth hurt!! So I sure this probably had a lot to do with her being 'off' yesterday!!

Poor girl, she must of thought you two were crazy.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Poor girl, she must of thought you two were crazy.

alright gals,....

i know ive talked about this before but we finally ready to apply for levis passport and im trying to find the best place to get his photos done. The post office said they could "try" to do them but a professional might be better. any ideas?

how long did it take to recieve the passport once you submitted all the paperwork?

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

alright gals,....

i know ive talked about this before but we finally ready to apply for levis passport and im trying to find the best place to get his photos done. The post office said they could "try" to do them but a professional might be better. any ideas?

how long did it take to recieve the passport once you submitted all the paperwork?

I went to the County Clerks office and they did the pics there (for an additional cost....I can't rememeber how much). I was all worried about getting 'proper' pics after reading the requirements on the US passport site, but they said at the county clerk's office that they were not that picky. I faced Emma and picked her up and lifted her up over my head (while her back was against the wall) and I ducked my head down when they took the pic. It was easy peasy.

It took about 2 weeks to get the passport.

Timeline

I went to the County Clerks office and they did the pics there (for an additional cost....I can't rememeber how much). I was all worried about getting 'proper' pics after reading the requirements on the US passport site, but they said at the county clerk's office that they were not that picky. I faced Emma and picked her up and lifted her up over my head (while her back was against the wall) and I ducked my head down when they took the pic. It was easy peasy.

It took about 2 weeks to get the passport.

was that two weeks regular or did you guys use expedited?

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

It was just regular.

thanks, we have a appointment at the local post office next week

age.png

age.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My hubby is the Canadian citizen. We went through K1 and AOS between May 2009 and August 2010 (seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago all at the same time). My son Ethan was born at the end of December 2011 in the US. I'm trying to get E's citizenship details and hubby's removal of conditions well under way before I return to work in April. Now that we have E's birth certificate, I applied for his NEXUS card and am awaiting approval for an interview. Since we both have NEXUS cards, NEXUS is important for us to be able to use the Whirlpool Bridge (NEXUS only bridge) in Niagara Falls and never have to worry about waiting times. Plus the NEXUS interviewer deals with the photo and hands us the ID right at the interview, so we can have the card with his picture on it relatively quickly (quicker/cheaper than a non-expedited US passport without the hassle of the passport photo before the application).

Here are my questions...

1. Does it really take 9-10 months for the Canadian government to process a Request for a Canadian Citizenship Certificate when submitted through a Canadian Consul General in the US? The website says it takes longer if it is submitted to the Nova Scotia office for a child living outside of Canada. Anyone have any insight on that? If it does take that long, do they hold your supporting documents for that entire time? I don't want to be without any of our original documents for that long (especially since hubby's removal of conditions/10 year GC is starting this summer), so if they hold the documents for that entire time, I will put a higher priority on having certified copies of the supporting evidence prepared.

2. Does anyone have any insight on the most advantegous order or any helpful tips to do all this? I want to get E's US Passport, his Canadian citizenship certificate, and his Canadian passport. I know that seems like a lot of documentation for an infant, but we travel A LOT so it's helpful to have the security of multiple forms of ID for all of us.

Sorry if this is covered in the thread - it's a long thread and I didn't really have time to sift back through the posts. Thanks all! :)

May 7, 2009 - 129F submitted

April 6, 2010 - Visa Delivered/POE (Peace Bridge)

April 23, 2010 - Civil Ceremony

May 1, 2010 - AOS/EAD Application submitted

July 12, 2010 - EAD Approved (Card Production Email #1 at 4:02 pm)

July 26, 2010 - EAD RECEIVED

August 5, 2010 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!

August 21, 2010 - Green card arrives

November 13, 2010 - Catholic ceremony

July 2, 2012 - ROC submitted to VSC

August 21, 2012 - Biometrics

February 27, 2013 - ROC Approved

Only one more step to go!

Timeline

Congrats on the little one.

If I remember right it does take that long, but I haven't done it yet for Alexis. I have been just procrastinating, and really should get in gear to do it.

I'm sure someone will give you a better answer then mine.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

My hubby is the Canadian citizen. We went through K1 and AOS between May 2009 and August 2010 (seems like yesterday and a lifetime ago all at the same time). My son Ethan was born at the end of December 2011 in the US. I'm trying to get E's citizenship details and hubby's removal of conditions well under way before I return to work in April. Now that we have E's birth certificate, I applied for his NEXUS card and am awaiting approval for an interview. Since we both have NEXUS cards, NEXUS is important for us to be able to use the Whirlpool Bridge (NEXUS only bridge) in Niagara Falls and never have to worry about waiting times. Plus the NEXUS interviewer deals with the photo and hands us the ID right at the interview, so we can have the card with his picture on it relatively quickly (quicker/cheaper than a non-expedited US passport without the hassle of the passport photo before the application).

Here are my questions...

1. Does it really take 9-10 months for the Canadian government to process a Request for a Canadian Citizenship Certificate when submitted through a Canadian Consul General in the US? The website says it takes longer if it is submitted to the Nova Scotia office for a child living outside of Canada. Anyone have any insight on that? If it does take that long, do they hold your supporting documents for that entire time? I don't want to be without any of our original documents for that long (especially since hubby's removal of conditions/10 year GC is starting this summer), so if they hold the documents for that entire time, I will put a higher priority on having certified copies of the supporting evidence prepared.

2. Does anyone have any insight on the most advantegous order or any helpful tips to do all this? I want to get E's US Passport, his Canadian citizenship certificate, and his Canadian passport. I know that seems like a lot of documentation for an infant, but we travel A LOT so it's helpful to have the security of multiple forms of ID for all of us.

Sorry if this is covered in the thread - it's a long thread and I didn't really have time to sift back through the posts. Thanks all! :)

I'm in the process but Washington Canadian embassy told me it was presently taking a year to process Canadian certificates.

The us passport office will take his birth certificate and send it back with his passport. The Canadian certificate requires only photocopies. The Canadian passport can be done in person and you will get all your documents back the same day.

We applied for the us application last Wednesday and will be applying for the Canadian certificate once we get the us passport back. Then once we get the Canadian certificate we will get him a cAnadian passport

age.png

age.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey moms! Were expecting our first baby September 30th. I'm approaching 10 weeks. We had our first ultrasound in Tuesday and it was amazing!

Timeline

Hey moms! Were expecting our first baby September 30th. I'm approaching 10 weeks. We had our first ultrasound in Tuesday and it was amazing!

Congrats :dance::dance:

It is so amazing looking at the ultrasounds, I couldn't wait till the next one to see her again. Have a happy healthy pregnancy.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats to you guys. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. The ultrasounds are amazing, and there is no greater feeling then hearing that heartbeat!! I would highly recommend getting the 4D ultrasound done when the time comes.

Make sure you check in now and then and let us know how you are doing!

Timeline

WOOOT!!! Congrats!

We are TTC with number 3 now :)

age.png

age.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.