rickrock

This Newbie is sooo confused...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

So fiancé and I will be submitting for a K-1 Visa next month on my trip. I see that she has to have her Vaccination Records completed before we submit the paperwork. I took a look at the paperwork (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5753-Immunization.pdf) and I was wondering if she had to get all of them done. Also, how does she get the exam paperwork (DS-3025)? Does she ask for an official copy or does the physician have to submit it for her.

Thanks in advance.

The vaccination info isn't needed until the consular interview phase. So don't let that delay the submission of your I 129f petition. Read the K1 flowchart.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Also dunno where you got that link for the jabs. The only one I have handy is the one via the London website but I think they're generally all the same.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

Normally, the physician will give her a copy of the DS 3025 which she will then need to retain for AOS. I suggest she get what jabs she can from her regular doctor prior to the visa medical if she can - will probably spare her some $$.

*edited for clarity*

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
So fiancé and I will be submitting for a K-1 Visa next month on my trip. I see that she has to have her Vaccination Records completed before we submit the paperwork. I took a look at the paperwork (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5753-Immunization.pdf) and I was wondering if she had to get all of them done. Also, how does she get the exam paperwork (DS-3025)? Does she ask for an official copy or does the physician have to submit it for her.

Thanks in advance.

Has an I-129F petition been submitted? or is this the "paperwork" you intend to submit next month?

YMMV

Timeline
Has an I-129F petition been submitted? or is this the "paperwork" you intend to submit next month?

This is the paperwork she is submitting next month. Also, I guess there is some blood work that has to get done, is that done during the examination?

Timeline
This is the paperwork she is submitting next month. Also, I guess there is some blood work that has to get done, is that done during the examination?

if no I-129f is in process then you are a long way away (many months) from the medical.....

Who is the USC here? If it is you, then YOU submit the I-129F to the USCIS. You cannot do anything with the embassy/consulate until the I-129F has been approved

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
but you are a long way away (many months) from the medical.....

Who is the USC here? If it is you, then YOU submit the I-129F to the USCIS. You cannot do anything with the embassy/consulate until the I-129F has been approved

Ok, now confusion sets in. Do I need to fill out the I-129F and send it in to the US or can she fill it out and send it to the embassy in Bulgaria? I feel lost at the moment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The USC completes it & submits here in the USA.

You're far from it, but don't forget to get the copy of the DS-3025 when she/he has the medical exam before the interview. If they won't give it to you, bring a sample & point out that it says at the bottom "Give copy to applicant." This may save him/her some jabs in the future.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Ok, now confusion sets in. Do I need to fill out the I-129F and send it in to the US or can she fill it out and send it to the embassy in Bulgaria? I feel lost at the moment.

The USC is the petitioner... The USC submits the petition... Once the petition is approved and the case file is physically on station at the embassy, then the alien fiance(e) (benneficiary to the petition and future visa applicant) is able to then and only then apply for a K-1 visa.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

it is taking around 90 days to go to embissy. maybe bit more. timetable for k1 process is about 5 months. so it might make since to send in the forms and pay the 455$ and start the process.

5 to 6 months i long time.... :crying:

good luck

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Welcome to VJ!! :) Here is a great place to start! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide You must first petition on your financee's behalf. This is done in the states. After that gets approved they send all the paperwork to Bulgaria. She will then go to a doctor specified by the Embassy to complete her medical. She should have all vaccination records compiled beforehand. The doctor will give her any missing vaccinations at that point.

One thing is for sure this is a "one step at a time process" I suggest focusing all your attention on the I-129F and supporting documents first. If you have any questions along the way send me a PM. I'm always happy to help a fellow Bulgarian :)

Timeline

So I have a few question:

Part A, Number 10:

My citizenship was aquired by birth, do I have to fill out the part that states "Give number of certificate, date and place it was issued."?

Part B, Number 14 14. "Address in the United States where your fiancé(e) intends to live"Right now I am working overseas, but will return back to the states this summer. With that said all my mail goes to my parents home, can I use that address?

15. Your fiancé(e)'s address abroad.

Her Address is different than whats on her ID card, will this be a problem?

I think this is all for now, but Im sure there will be more, thanks for the help.

*Shad and Dani, I might have to take you up on that offer once we start the medical process.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
So I have a few question:

Part A, Number 10:

My citizenship was aquired by birth, do I have to fill out the part that states "Give number of certificate, date and place it was issued."?

Part B, Number 14 14. "Address in the United States where your fiancé(e) intends to live"Right now I am working overseas, but will return back to the states this summer. With that said all my mail goes to my parents home, can I use that address?

15. Your fiancé(e)'s address abroad.

Her Address is different than whats on her ID card, will this be a problem?

I think this is all for now, but Im sure there will be more, thanks for the help.

*Shad and Dani, I might have to take you up on that offer once we start the medical process.*

Some lines you will put N/A, so if you are a citizen, then you won't have any place issued or certificate #

If something is none, then put none

I don't think old address on ID card should be a problem, make sure she has a passport or she can get one now

If me I would use my parents address, since that is your address until you get your own place

I-129F is easy, that's the easy part. Just fill it out, make a cover letter, keep it all neat and organized, get your I-134 filled out (you need a letter from your employer saying how much you make, 2 copies, and I put in 2 copies of my last bank statement too), don't forget to include your check, don't forget to include form FC-029 or write up something simple that declares that all the copies are true copies of the original. include your birthcertificate, do the G-325A for her and you, and don't forget to sign it. Write out a letter saying that you intend to marry her within 90 days of entering the US, and she needs to write one too. You both will need a passport photo to include with the G-325A, you can use a sandwich bag to attach it. Include your plane tickets that you met her and hotel bill or whatever you have as proof that you really met her. Include some pictures of you together, I included 6.

Make a copy for yourself before you send it. I used express mail, but make sure you send it so you know it was delivered, express mail is a little more expensive but for me it's worth it.

keep it all organized and look it over and over again to make sure you got it done right. have your mom tell you when any letters come, you will get a notice that they received it and you will get an approval notice when it's approved, don't loose that approval notice. Your mom can scan it for you and email it to you.

Then while you wait, have her save letters from you, cards, emails for her interview and make sure she has some pictures of you both together.

Timeline

I had a question about processing times. I went to this site https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do and it states that the processing time for K-1 is 5 months. Is the 5 months the total time or is it just the time that it will be in Cali then shipped to the embassy in Bulgaria?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
I had a question about processing times. I went to this site https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do and it states that the processing time for K-1 is 5 months. Is the 5 months the total time or is it just the time that it will be in Cali then shipped to the embassy in Bulgaria?

Rickrock,

The processing time shown on the USCIS site (5 months) is for the I-129F petition to be processed and approved (NOA2 issued) assuming that there are no RFE's.

Once the petition is approved, it will be sent to the NVC where additional name/database searches are performed. If Background checks pass there, the package is sent forward to the applicable Embassy where the beneficiary is located.

Once the Embassy received your case file, it issues a packet 3 with instructions to you and your fiancee regarding additonal forms (ie: affadavit of support, proof on ongoing relationship, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-230 and making arrangements for physical, etc).

Once you and your fiance collect and complete all requirements you must schedule an interview with the agency for your visa interview.

The entire process (from filing the I-129F with the USCIS service ceter to issuance of a visa) varies greatly. It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year (assuming that there are no RFE's or hits in the various background checks and database searches).

I would recommend you read the forums, start collecting and completing documents that you will need further down the road and be PROACTIVE in your visa application (get the police checks for your fiance done, make sure her vaccinations are up to date, make sure she has a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining on it, etc)...

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

Timeline

The USCIS does not control anything other than the petition process... and that is what they are able to report processing times on

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.