The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
who on earth would pick a nic of ##########? :lol:

to make people think the profanity filter is at work?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I hope you feel better Marilyn!

So today i figured I would be working 5-6 hours since courses start today and I always have lots of work to do on course start days.

You think I can start my work yet? Of course not! I don't have everything I need. I refuse to work past 4 PM. If ###### doesn't get done, then too bad, not my problem.

On a happier note. I picked up FF13 and LOVE it! I haven't this much fun with a video game in a LONG time :) I think I play too much, I sometimes have the music stuck in my head!

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hope you feel better soon Marilyn!

Spoom and I just got back from a 3 day conference in Harrisburg, PA for after-school programs. Loooooottts of information on programming, financing, grants, finding volunteers, etc. I'm super excited to start implementing some of the stuff we learned!

Happy Friday everyone!

Timeline for Spoom

2009-02-14: Engaged!

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview!! - APPROVED!!!

2009-11-21: POE

2010-01-23: WEDDING!!!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

Hope you feel better soon Marilyn!

Spoom and I just got back from a 3 day conference in Harrisburg, PA for after-school programs. Loooooottts of information on programming, financing, grants, finding volunteers, etc. I'm super excited to start implementing some of the stuff we learned!

Happy Friday everyone!

You went to Harrisburg and not tell me? We live right by Harrisburg! BAD SCOOTER!

So that job I applied for last week is now closed for applications. I called today to find out the status of my application and I had to leave a message. I'd much rather talk to a real person...

Edited by Peachey

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning. I was hungry so thought I'd share. Lunch out today with a girlfriend after swimming. Life is good.

Have fun Carla and thanks for the coffee and assorted goodies!

Well, I have been umm, cleaning, fixing blah blah blah, just house stuff. I try to do at least a couple of things that need to be done every day. Yesterday, for instance, I set up a room for my Son as he is coming to stay for a couple of weeks, 'setting up a room' here, of course, involves everything from cleaning the windows to putting up blinds :lol:

I also put a toilet roll holder and a towel rail up yesterday, woot!

The weather has been great here - sunshine and warm, it was 13 degrees yesterday.

Oh and we got the new BBQ put together, so I have used that twice!

Timeline

Have a great lunch and swim Carla!

Its furlough Friday. I'm never going to want to work 5 days a week ever again. :dance:

My best friend is arriving on Maui on the 23rd, and since I have a three day weekend that weekend, she's going to come to the Big Island and spend three days here. I was think that maybe we'd meet over on Kauai instead, since she's up for that too. I am so excited. :star:

Time to fire up the coffee maker.

Marilyn, I missed, what did the doctor think was wrong?

You're busy Trailmix! Congrats on the towel rack, I tried to install one once, and it was so crooked.

So that job I applied for last week is now closed for applications. I called today to find out the status of my application and I had to leave a message. I'd much rather talk to a real person...

Hope its a positive response for you. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of toilet roll holders, the previous owners of our house put it on the back of the bathroom door. How weird is that? I haven't actually moved it yet, but everyday I look at it and tell myself to just move it already. We really want to renovate the bathroom, we just aren't sure what we want to do with it yet and when. It's a small house with only 1 bathroom, so tearing it apart is really going to make life hard on us for a while. We might just have to stay at a hotel for a couple weeks, which isn't a nice thought. But its so weird... the tub is blue, there's this weird blue shelving unit that someone cut into the wall to install... like a medicine cabinet without a door. But then the actual medicine cabinet is so shallow you can't put anything in it! The toilet has a strangely small bowl and there is a window in the shower. That's an awesome draft at 6am when its -5 outside...

That probably belonged in the rant thread :lol:

What kind of BBQ did you get Krikit? We need one still.

Glad you're feeling better Marilyn!

And have fun Cat! I want to go to the big island :(

Speaking of big island, I'm trying to convince Bill we should take some of our tax money and actually go on a vacation. Wish me luck! :lol:

Timeline
Speaking of toilet roll holders, the previous owners of our house put it on the back of the bathroom door. How weird is that? I haven't actually moved it yet, but everyday I look at it and tell myself to just move it already. We really want to renovate the bathroom, we just aren't sure what we want to do with it yet and when. It's a small house with only 1 bathroom, so tearing it apart is really going to make life hard on us for a while. We might just have to stay at a hotel for a couple weeks, which isn't a nice thought. But its so weird... the tub is blue, there's this weird blue shelving unit that someone cut into the wall to install... like a medicine cabinet without a door. But then the actual medicine cabinet is so shallow you can't put anything in it! The toilet has a strangely small bowl and there is a window in the shower. That's an awesome draft at 6am when its -5 outside...

Speaking of big island, I'm trying to convince Bill we should take some of our tax money and actually go on a vacation. Wish me luck! :lol:

:lol: - cold draft in the shower is no good. And yes, good luck with the vacation/tax money.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When we re-did our bathroom at my parent's place they were done in like 3 days. They replaced the tiles, tub, fixtures, toilet. We didn't change the floor or vanity... so maybe add a couple extra days... shouldn't take longer than 5 days. Good luck!

Good luck to you Peachey!

I cannot wait for the weekend. The weeks go by so fast, but I just love the weekends so much!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well, I went to see the doctor today and after talking with me he said it could be gastritis, ulcer or gallstones.. I have to go for and abdominal UltraSound on Monday and he is also running some other tests...

oh and it turns out I have a urine infection too but he said that it most likely a separate issue ...

he gave me a prescription for omeprazole for the stomach issue...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

99% of my pts on my cardiac floor are on omeprazole (Prilosec) ER dr prescribe it like candy! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.