nunyab

what next??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Alh, he's been here for a year now, he's got a 2 yr green card and I know our 10 yr card is to be filed a couple months before his 2nd year anniversary as a resident here.

My question is.. one we moved do I need to notify USCIS?

two, what is the form we need? I've looked all over VJ and can't find it

I am trying to make sure all my ducks are in a line prior to the deadline... yeah a little ahead of myself but we all know how time flies lol..

I appreciate any and all assistance thanks all!

Rajaa

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How Do I Report a Change of Address to the USCIS?

Background

All non-U.S. citizens (aliens) who are required to be registered are also required to keep the USCIS informed of their current address. This is particularly important when you have filed an application or petition for a benefit under the Immigration and Nationality Act and expect notification of a decision on that application. In addition, the USCIS may need to contact you to provide other issued documents or return original copies of evidence you submitted. It is also mandatory for any alien who has been designated as a “special registrant” under 8 CFR § 264.1(f)(as amended by 67 Federal Register 52585 (August 12, 2002) to inform the USCIS whenever he or she has a change of address, employment or school. The special registrant rule is effective as of September 11, 2002. For information about special registrant go to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement website.

In the past, our predecessor, the INS, required every alien in the United States to report his or her address annually, in January. This requirement was eliminated in 1980 and annual reporting is no longer required. However, if you are not a U.S. citizen, the law still requires that you report any change of address change within 10 days of the change.

link with more info

form download

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
just when you get comfortable... it's time for more uscis stuff :wacko:

Rajaa,

Are you sure it's already time for the 751? The filing is 90 days before card expiration. So if he got his card last January or February, it would not be until next fall before you file. Unless there is something I'm not aware of I think you are too early. :unsure:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes you should notify USCIS within 10 days and you can do it online , check this link

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

[size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][u][b][color="#800080"][i]Naturalization Journey[/i][/color][/b][/u][i]
[color="#800080"]05/05/2012: N-400 sent [/color][color="#800080"]05/07/2012: USCIS received package
05/08/2012: Priority date
05/10/2012: NOA date
05/11/2012: Electronic notification from USCIS / Check cashed
05/14/2012: NOA received
05/23/2012: Biometrics notice received
06/08/2012: Early Biometrics (appointment scheduled for 06/14)
07/03/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for interview scheduling
07/05/2012:[/color][/i][/size][/font][i][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"] Electronic notification: [/color][/size][/font][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]scheduled for interview
07/09/2012: Interview notice received
08/13/2012: Interview
[/size][/font][/color][/font][/i][/size][i][size="2"][font="Arial"][size="1"][color="#800080"]08/27/2012: [/color][color="#800080"]Electronic notification:[/color][color="#800080"]placed in line for oath scheduling[/color][/size][/font][/size]
[size="2"][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][color="#800080"][font="Arial"][size="1"]08/29/2012: Oath notice recei[size="1"]ved [/size][/size][/font][/color][/font][/size][size="1"][color="#800080"]( no status update )
09/11/2012: Oath ceremony
[/color][/size]
[/i] [i] [/i] [i] [/i][size="2"][i] [/i][/size]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, question for anyone who may know. Since I didnt know about the change of address and we have been in Houston for 5 months now. If we fill out the form and send it now, is there a penalty?

Adam downloaded the page just now and filled it out, but being that we have been here for 5 months does anyone know?

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Ok, question for anyone who may know. Since I didnt know about the change of address and we have been in Houston for 5 months now. If we fill out the form and send it now, is there a penalty?

Adam downloaded the page just now and filled it out, but being that we have been here for 5 months does anyone know?

There isn't a penalty that I recall - just do it. :thumbs:

by the "page" I am assuming you mean the AR11, might want to check to see if you also need to fill out the I865.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.