aishahossam

marriages with big age diffference, something to think about

67 posts in this topic

On music... It's so much fun to see his reaction when I sing "Genie In a Bottle"

(if you wanna be with me

baby there's a price to pay

I'm a genie in a bottle

you gotta rub me the right way) or some songs of the Pussycat Dolls (don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me) but when it's his turn to play his CDs inside the car, I always request him to stop playing anything. :protest:

That's pretty horrible. You subject him to music that YOU like, but don't let him subject you to music HE likes? Nice double standard... <_<

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty horrible. You subject him to music that YOU like, but don't let him subject you to music HE likes? Nice double standard... <_<

He doesn't mind. That's what makes speaking different from writing. In speaking, it's not what you say that matters all the time but how you say it. You can say the worst words and sound pleasant. ^_^

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

The only thing that is significantly different about a relationship with people with large age gaps is almost inevitable burden that will fall on the younger partner as the older partner ages, and then the time that the younger partner will be without the older partner when the inevitable happens. That's not something that should stop you from doing it, but it should be something you should consider thoroughly, do you really know how it would feel to be a 40 something caring for a 70 something? Of course, illness and infirmity vary significantly, and the health and fitness of ones older partner is something to bear in mind. Marrying an apple shaped 40 something couch potato if you are only 20 odd will probably mean you will end up spending a lot of time caring for partner because of illness whereas if your partner is lean and lithe with a zest for life, odds are you will not be so burdened.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline
The only thing that is significantly different about a relationship with people with large age gaps is almost inevitable burden that will fall on the younger partner as the older partner ages, and then the time that the younger partner will be without the older partner when the inevitable happens. That's not something that should stop you from doing it, but it should be something you should consider thoroughly, do you really know how it would feel to be a 40 something caring for a 70 something? Of course, illness and infirmity vary significantly, and the health and fitness of ones older partner is something to bear in mind. Marrying an apple shaped 40 something couch potato if you are only 20 odd will probably mean you will end up spending a lot of time caring for partner because of illness whereas if your partner is lean and lithe with a zest for life, odds are you will not be so burdened.

The world is ending.....MC you are thinking like a conservative. Doesn't it feel good!!? As a Lib you should not worry about the future just what feels good now. Whatever it takes for the now moment.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
ive got so many thoughts all stuck in my head and hard to get them out to where all can understand,

Well, if I may suggest, try thinking about proper capitalization and punctuation of proper English sentences. It makes for a better read and therefore more coherent replies.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
That's not something that should stop you from doing it, but it should be something you should consider thoroughly, do you really know how it would feel to be a 40 something caring for a 70 something?

It's ok, these types of marriages don't usually last that long.

Hint: doesn't take 30 years to get a green card

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

with all respect ...are sure he is not marry you for paper eygpt if full of young girle ready for marrig and its so easy to get married a verigin thier im from thier and i know

i was married to girl she was my firest and she was in game since she was 13 and it always bother me just to know how many man she was with and she was my first it feel its not fear but if you gays in love that a diffrent story

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's ok, these types of marriages don't usually last that long.

Hint: doesn't take 30 years to get a green card

How long is considered "don't usually last that long" by your standards?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
How long is considered "don't usually last that long" by your standards?

2 years to remove conditions + 1 year for citizenship + USCIS processing time (3 months - 3 years)

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Age gaps can be a real factor. Some people relatioships like that sometimes claim "age is just a number". Would you hold that view if your spouse was 10 years older instead of ten years younger or vice versa?

In my case, I married a woman who was ten years younger but we had a lot in common with similar upbringing, level of education and similar goals.

To me the big factor is whether having kids is important or not. Your spouse should be agreement with your decision or you're going to have a hard time having half a kid as a compromise.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Age is a factor but I think even more so is that the two need to be in the same "phase of life".

MArriages live or die on, a) Things in common B) COmmitment to the marriage (not so much to each other).

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 years to remove conditions + 1 year for citizenship + USCIS processing time (3 months - 3 years)

Damn...we're off schedule! :P

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'