enfm

my mom petitioning my bro & sister abroad

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hello fellows,

the situations are i m usc, and i petition my mother to get her green card now if i want to petition my unmarried sister and bro. abroad i know its gonna be long time and forever. now i wonder IF MY MOTHER can petition them to get here us. coz i heard she can i just want to double check if she can and i wonder what the procedures. if she need to submit the affidavit support but she had low income. what the best can we do. thank you so much for advice

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

still a long time for an LPR mom to do it depending on country of nationality..

PI = 12 years

Mexico = 18 years

Else = 9 years

everything starts with an I-130

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If they are not married then she could apply, you could co sponsor.

Same process as you used to get your Mother here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Doesn't 2A come into play?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4587.html

Also why is 3rd [uS citizen] slower than 2A?

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

More likely 2B

Because it is, more applications.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

The safest route is for you to petition for your siblings and then have your mother petition for them too. It cost an extra $355 for each petition.

If the petitioner die during the wait for a visa, your siblings would have to start over. So, it is better to have two petitions. If one is revoked because of the petitioner's death, the other can still go forward.

Have the second petition be a backup.

Where are your siblings from? How old and healty is your mom. Give us this information and we can better advise you.

Edited by aaron2020

The safest route is for you to petition for your siblings and then have your mother petition for them too. It cost an extra $355 for each petition.

If the petitioner die during the wait for a visa, your siblings would have to start over. So, it is better to have two petitions. If one is revoked because of the petitioner's death, the other can still go forward.

Have the second petition be a backup.

Where are your siblings from? How old and healty is your mom. Give us this information and we can better advise you.

Excellent point.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

hello aaron2020,

i recently read your message about my mom situation, ok my mom is resident card and i m usc. if i m the one to petition my sister and & bro philippines its been a long time to process i know its about 22 yrs or more my sister was 36 and my bro was 39 i wonder if my mom 69 yrs old to petition with them i know its not takes longer than 22 yrs or more. i wonder if my mom die i dont know what gonna be happen?

If your mom dies while petitioning for your siblings, the petitions are automatically revoked. This means the cases will end with your mother's death. There is no way for you to substitute in as the petitioner. Your mom can only petition for them if they are unmarried during the entire 11-12 years it would take them to become eligible for visas. Given you mom's age, there is a good chance that she will die before your siblings can get visas.

and could i petition with them even my mom filed the petition?

Yes. A beneficiary can have multiple petitions by different petitioners. That is what I told you in my earlier posts.

and what should my mom proof the affidavit support since my mom low income, how she can present that can i used my affidavit support with my husband it is the same thing form the I-864.

As the petitioner, your mom would need to file an I-864. You would file a second I-864. Your husband could file an I-864a. As long as someone has sufficient income and is willing to submit an Affidavit of Support, your siblings will be fine.

thats all about my questions hope you can help me for that. thank you so much

----------------------------------

From the information that you have provided, you should be aware that you are facing an uphill battle.

First, your mom is 69 years old. Even if you get her a green card, she will not qualify for any social security or medicare. You will have to provide her with health insurance for her medical needs which can cost you $500+ per month.

Second, your siblings are 36 and 39 years old. You have not stated whether they are married or not. If they are married, your mom as a green card holder (legal permanent resident) cannot petition for them. If they are unmarried (which they will have to be for the entire wait), your mom can petition for them but it will take 11-12 years. This means that they will be 48 and 51 years old by the time they would be eligible for visas. At the end of the wait, if they have children over the age of 21 as determined by CSPA, those children will not be eligible for visas.

If you petition for your siblings, it would take 23 years. By the time your siblings are eligible for visas, they would be 59 and 62 years old. Their unmarried children over the CSPA age of 21 at the end of the wait time will not be eligible for visas. If their children cannot come over and no one will employ them, are you prepared to pay for their health care and living expenses?

Good luck with everything.

Please do not send me a private message. If you have questions, post them here and I will answer them. The discussion may help other people. Questions and answers in private messages do not help others.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Timeline
hello aaron2020,

i recently read your message about my mom situation, ok my mom is resident card and i m usc. if i m the one to petition my sister and & bro philippines its been a long time to process i know its about 22 yrs or more my sister was 36 and my bro was 39 i wonder if my mom 69 yrs old to petition with them i know its not takes longer than 22 yrs or more. i wonder if my mom die i dont know what gonna be happen?

If your mom dies while petitioning for your siblings, the petitions are automatically revoked. This means the cases will end with your mother's death. There is no way for you to substitute in as the petitioner. Your mom can only petition for them if they are unmarried during the entire 11-12 years it would take them to become eligible for visas. Given you mom's age, there is a good chance that she will die before your siblings can get visas.

and could i petition with them even my mom filed the petition?

Yes. A beneficiary can have multiple petitions by different petitioners. That is what I told you in my earlier posts.

and what should my mom proof the affidavit support since my mom low income, how she can present that can i used my affidavit support with my husband it is the same thing form the I-864.

As the petitioner, your mom would need to file an I-864. You would file a second I-864. Your husband could file an I-864a. As long as someone has sufficient income and is willing to submit an Affidavit of Support, your siblings will be fine.

thats all about my questions hope you can help me for that. thank you so much

From the information that you have provided, you should be aware that you are facing an uphill battle.

First, your mom is 69 years old. Even if you get her a green card, she will not qualify for any social security or medicare. You will have to provide her with health insurance for her medical needs which can cost you $500+ per month.

Second, your siblings are 36 and 39 years old. You have not stated whether they are married or not. If they are married, your mom as a green card holder (legal permanent resident) cannot petition for them. If they are unmarried (which they will have to be for the entire wait), your mom can petition for them but it will take 11-12 years. This means that they will be 48 and 51 years old by the time they would be eligible for visas. At the end of the wait, if they have children over the age of 21 as determined by CSPA, those children will not be eligible for visas.

If you petition for your siblings, it would take 23 years. By the time your siblings are eligible for visas, they would be 59 and 62 years old. Their unmarried children over the CSPA age of 21 at the end of the wait time will not be eligible for visas. If their children cannot come over and no one will employ them, are you prepared to pay for their health care and living expenses?

Good luck with everything.

Please do not send me a private message. If you have questions, post them here and I will answer them. The discussion may help other people. Questions and answers in private messages do not help others.

thanks a lot its a good hit

Edited by enfm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.