Trip to Kazan

44 posts in this topic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Leaving for Kazan on October 4. I've been hearing about trouble with gangs in Russia. Anybody hear about gangs in Kazan?

My wife is from Kazan (:

I didn't see any gangs while I was there (twice) - but I didn't look for them either. It's a Muslim republic, so probaly less issues on that front.

As with anywhere else, use common sense and you'll probably be fine.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

I was nowhere near Kazan but I would suggest the common sense thing and rely on the person you are visiting! If you are going alone and have no guide then .... Hmmm I dunno what to tell ya! :unsure:

Every time I went out, I was not alone so I pretty much depended on Olga to keep us away from gangs and such! She did a fine job! ;)

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Kazan is just the same as any other city. Ofcourse much smaller then major cities, it has it's pluses and minuses. Don't worry about gangs that much, just ask your fiancee where is it nice and safe, well lit areas. There is a lot of crime in Russia, no matter what city you are in, just be careful and mindful of the situation.

Good luck,

Mike.

Filed: Timeline

Leaving for Kazan on October 4. I've been hearing about trouble with gangs in Russia. Anybody hear about gangs in Kazan?

My wife is from Kazan (:

I didn't see any gangs while I was there (twice) - but I didn't look for them either. It's a Muslim republic, so probaly less issues on that front.

As with anywhere else, use common sense and you'll probably be fine.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Could you tell me what the weather is like in Kazan the first half of October?

Thanks,

Cam :dance:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cam,

It's funny to me how what we here about crime in Russia, generally, appears much more fantasy than what I've seen there.

I noticed that your profile doesn't say whether you've filed a petition, there is no timeline, and it doesn't say where your location is. Can you share any of this information with us? Also, have you been to Russia before your upcoming trip; and, if so, where in Russia? Thanks.

And, best wishes!

from Andrew

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Dont worry about Kazan, although the city has about a million for population, crime is relatively low. My brother in-law is a local militia man there. October should be pretty nice, about the same as Chicago. Enjoy your trip, and tour the local Kremlin, it is interesting!

10/26/04 Met online

11/9/04 first phone conversation

11/10/04 first "I love you" for both of us

02/10/05 Met at Domodedovo airport, Moscow

02/10/05 Boarded train to Yoshkar-Ola

02/11/05 3:30 AM Asked her to marry me (she said yes)

03/01/05 left for home

04/18/05 returned to plan wedding

05/07/05 Married in Yoshkar-Ola

05/17/05 returned to US again, Ugh

07/16/05 Sent I-130 to Nebraska

07/24/05 NOA1

07/25/05 Sent I-129 to Missouri

09/06/05 Recieved letter from nvc, file to Moscow

09/23/05 Embassy sent packet 3

09/26/05 NOA2, better late than never

10/05/05 I receive email, Interview date Dec 20, Woo Hoo

12/15/05 Medical

12/20/05 INTERVIEW!!!

12/24/05 My Tanya leaves for US

12/25/05 Home together at last, sooo great!!!

08/22/06 8 months already, I cant believe it, still great[/color]

I

Cam,

It's funny to me how what we here about crime in Russia, generally, appears much more fantasy than what I've seen there.

I noticed that your profile doesn't say whether you've filed a petition, there is no timeline, and it doesn't say where your location is. Can you share any of this information with us? Also, have you been to Russia before your upcoming trip; and, if so, where in Russia? Thanks.

And, best wishes!

Hi,

I live in Glendora CA about 30 miles east of Los Angeles. I have never been to Russia and also have never been out of the USA. This will be an experience. I have tried posting a picture of myself but I guess I did it wrong. I am 42 years old. Supposed to meet 3 Russian girls in Kazan, hopefully not all at once. I hope my timeline will start then.

Cam

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I live in Glendora CA about 30 miles east of Los Angeles. I have never been to Russia and also have never been out of the USA. This will be an experience. I have tried posting a picture of myself but I guess I did it wrong. I am 42 years old. Supposed to meet 3 Russian girls in Kazan, hopefully not all at once. I hope my timeline will start then.

At the risk of being flamed....I would point out this doesn't seem like a very great strategy to me. How well do you know these women? Do you think it is at all possible any one of them wouldn't be very amused to know you are going there, not to meet HER, but to meet THREE girls? How would you feel if you knew that any one of the girls you are going to meet planned on meeting three different guys that evening? My advice is to concentrate on meeting someone special, rather than thinking of it like a trip to the candy store.

IOTN, my wife (from Kazan) mentioned to me that she would never have had any interest in an arrangement such as you describe. I somehow doubt she is the only woman who feels that way. At a minimum, you should be clear with each of the women you are going to meet that you plan to meet three women there. If they still want to to meet you after getting that little tidbit of information, well, then at least everyone knows the score. If you don't feel comfortable revealing this information - well, that speaks for itself.

As for weather in October - I have no idea. I was there in December, January, and April. But my wife says, "could be raining - temp about 5-10C." She also says there are no gang problems. She also says to say hello to Kazan.

Good luck!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I met a guy from the states, whose girl in Russia was surprised that he had gone there to meet only her.

The only crime I've heard much about in Kazan are women and men who operate dating scams. Thus, try to know as much a possible in advance about the women you are going to meet.

I, absolutely, love many things about Russia. Prior to my first trip, I was a bit worried. Now, I speak much good about the Russian people. The people whom I associate with over there are warm and friendly and educated and do not openly judge others. However, it's definitely a different culture than what we have in the states. You go and experience it, and you may find that it is quite a bit different than what you have learned about it prior to actually going there.

... my thoughts to you is to remain alert wherever you go, but have fun. And don't simply waste your time and money.

Edited by workin4somethin

from Andrew

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Supposed to meet 3 Russian girls in Kazan, hopefully not all at once. I hope my timeline will start then.
I wouldn't be too worried about gangs and crime. But in your case I'd be on a particular look out, because if any of these girls get a hint that you went "shopping for a girl" then I wouldn't be surprised if they sent a friend or relative to "take care of you". Edited by Satellite

Supposed to meet 3 Russian girls in Kazan, hopefully not all at once. I hope my timeline will start then.
I wouldn't be too worried about gangs and crime. But in your case I'd be on a particular look out, because if any of these girls get a hint that you went "shopping for a girl" then I wouldn't be surprised if they sent a friend or relative to "take care of you".

I would probably be pissed off if they were there meeting 2 other guys, but they aren't flying 8000 miles and spending a ton of money. And who knows if one or all won't show up. I know them as well as you can over the internet. Have to go there and meet them right? I can't fly back and forth meeting one girl a trip.

I don't think its the meeting someone in person that is being questioned here. Perhaps its the idea that you're going to meet 3 ladies and then 'choose' the best one that seems a bit strange, at least to people at VJ.

Most of us here had ONE person in mind (and heart) that we spent a lot of time and effort getting to know - and likely felt that we were in love with - before travelling 8000 miles (give or take) for a face to face meeting. So it seems a bit odd to travel that far for , essentially, 3 dates. Surely you can drive to the next town and have 3 dates - and save yourself the time, money and trouble, yes?

Just my .02 as I flew past the Russia forum. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.